razz awards needs to be apolitical!

diane
Razz is the antithesis of the oscars, but they still embrace partisan politics and soapbox for a specific political agenda.  Golden globes, oscars, etc do the same thing. It makes you appear out of touch with the normal, working class people. It comes off as preachy. Focus on the entertainment industry, not politics. If you want the average citizen to want to participate, support the golden raspberries, then PLEASE separate yourselves from politics. You have the ability to do so.

Re: razz awards needs to be apolitical!

Vits
I agree. As I said in another thread, it's hard for me to believe this year's votes were objective.

Re: razz awards needs to be apolitical!

Yeah, at this point, it's looking too much like a bias, so I think it is best to keep the Razzies apolitical. I am sure some would strongly disagree, but doing this may let the Razzies look better in the long run.

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jon Bass (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: razz awards needs to be apolitical!

moviecritic1994, if I remember correctly, testified that the cast and crew seemed to be drawn out of nowhere (except Distort D'News-a), and had no idea what good acting and good filmmaking mean. But I'm starting to think the atrocious acting and production are only half the reason. It might've been a semifinalist or perhaps a runner-up in one category if it weren't D'Souza at the helm. I think the problem is that everybody who's not a follower of D'Souza or the right-wing media knows that D'Souza is chock-full of conspiracy theories, including a bunch of fears in 2016: Obama's America that all came false, and D'Souza's account of American history is a bunch of points refuted a thousand times, but unfortunately, the far-right media's followers are very dedicated, the work of people like D'Souza is near and dear to their hearts, and the left wing has no way of refuting on his follower's end, in their view the absolute holy truth. I'm more worried, however, about the Worst Picture category's history getting saturated with political statements in the future. As long as the negative reviews back it up, and as long as it's only once in a great while, that's one thing, but if half the Worst Picture winners in the next decade, for example, are political in nature, THEN I'll agree it's a serious problem.