ZOOLANDER No. 2

GTAHater
This sequel to the nearly 15 year old hit comedy about male models was the worst new film of the week on February 12. These are the factors that make it a competitor for the Worst of 2016 RAZZIES:

*The new premise of winning one of the main characters' sons back from a child custody battle has not given it enough reason to exist all these years later. The first one involved a villain's master plan of brainwashing one of them to assassinate a Malaysian head of state, which was much more colorful than just winning his child back or competing with a tougher new modeling agency.

*Many people are already considering voting for Justin Bieber for Worst Supporting Actor, in the semifinals. It's still ambiguous whether they'd vote for him in the finals, however.

*Comedies like Dumb and Dumber or Zoolander, which make the best out of the stupid side of comedy, generally only succeed once. This sequel was just rehashed enough that fans of the original wish they were just watching the first one again, proving Zoolander No. 2's redundancy.

*Pro critics were exponentially harsher on Zoolander No. 2 than Zoolander 1, giving it a 24% Tomatometer approval rating and 34% Metascore review average.

*If people remember it long enough, it could compete for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Crossover, or Spin-off in many smaller award shows run by forum posters on both the old and new forums. It's ambiguous at most whether they could juggle all the other bad sequels with remakes and knock-offs in the RAZZIE awards, however.

Discuss below!

Re: ZOOLANDER No. 2

Vits
Richard Roeper's review.

Peter Travers' review.

Eric Walkuski's review.

Mitch Hansch's review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review.

[Spoilers ahead!]

I saw it. For your consideration: Worst Supporting Actor for Justin Bieber. But NOT:
-Worst Actor for Ben Stiller.
-Worst Supporting Actor for Owen Wilson nor for Will Ferrell nor for Cyrus Arnold.
-Worst Supporting Actress for Penélope Cruz.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.
GTAHater wrote
Pro critics were exponentially harsher on Zoolander No. 2 than Zoolander 1, giving it a 24% Tomatometer approval rating
And the consensus reads: "It has more celebrity cameos than laughs -- and its meager handful of memorable gags outnumbers the few worthwhile ideas discernible in its scattershot rehash of a script."

Re: ZOOLANDER No. 2

I have to bump this one to bring this to Dezno's attention. He spoke of an anonymous acclaimed film critic who walked out of a film for the first time when he tried to see this one. Dezno and everyone else who's new here, take notice! Do not rush to start new threads! If you have a film in mind for the RAZZIES, search through the back of the forum first. Dezno, in your case, you should've come across this thread and added it here! I'm also saying this because I didn't want the board flooded with multiple threads for each film in consideration!

Re: ZOOLANDER No. 2

moviecritic1994
I just watched Zoolander 2 and yes it was piece of shit. But I wasn't that angry at it surprisingly.

After it was all over, I felt like I just watched a whole bunch of nothing. This is the first comedy to actually bore the shit out of me. I wasn't exactly angry or pissed like I was with Dirty Grandpa, but yeah I can see why people (fans of the first film or not) would really hate this movie. I wasn't that big a fan of the first film, but it definitely had more laughs than this stupid excuse of a movie did. The performances are not very good, the story makes absolutely no sense and it's just not very funny.

Score: 1/10. The one point is for this one line Will Ferrell has about killing Justin Bieber. Zoolander asks why Will's character killed Justin and he just says "Are you really asking me why I would kill Justin Bieber"? I don't know, that just made me laugh for some reason.
You can see reviews of older films under Tommy Bay at hubpages.com