Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

12

Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

RAZZIEmanJohnWilson
As 2016 ends, the consensus seems to be that this was one of the worst years ever for movies.

Post your choices below, and feel free to argue your case for them.

As for me, my top picks include:

   GODS OF EGYPT (Best "Funny/Bad" Movie of 2016)

   DIRTY GRANDPA (What the Hell is deNiro doing in this pile of crap??)

   THE DARKNESS (It's truly scary...just how bad this is!)

   INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE (Even the screenwriters couldn't follow the plot of this one!)

   FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK (A parody of last year's Razzie "Winner" that's equally as inept!)

I'm sure there'll be  more later (just rented BATMAN v SUPERMAN and ZOOLANDER 2) but now...

IT'S YOUR TURN!

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Razzies are the Worst
These Stinkers deserve to be on the 2016 ballot (at least for Worst Picture): Alice Through the Looking Glass, Ben-Hur (2016), Collateral Beauty (Oscar Bait needs to be Razzed too), The Divergent Series: Allegiant, God's Not Dead 2, The Huntsman: Winter's War, Ice Age: Collision Course, I Saw the Light (more failed Oscar Bait), Max Steel, Meet the Blacks, Mother's Day, Nina (see Collateral Beauty comment), Nine Lives, Norm of the North, Now You See Me 2, Suicide Squad, Warcraft, X-Men Apocalypse, Yoga Hosers, and (Hell Yeah) Zoolander 2
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Glad to hear from you again, HeadR--I mean, John. I'm also glad to hear your picks based on your personal opinion instead of the general consensus. I hope you haven't read/heard BATMAN V SUPERMAN spoilers by now.

Oiram posted a similar threads 3 weeks ago, but I'll re-post my picks anyway (with a couple of new additions):
-THE 5TH WAVE.
-9 LIVES.
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-BEN-HUR.
-THE BOSS.
-THE BOY.
-CELL.
-THE CHOICE.
-DIRTY GRANDPA.
-FLORENCE FOSTER JENKINS.
-GHOSTBUSTERS.
-GOD'S NOT DEAD.
-ICE AGE PART 5.
-JASON BOURNE.
-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-LONDON HAS FALLEN.
-MECHANIC PART 2.
-NORM OF THE NORTH.
-PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.
-THE PURGE PART 3.
-RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-RISEN.
-SATANIC.
-SKIPTRACE.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Tsarstepan
My picks so far for this terrible terrible year.

The Darkness (2016)
Zoolander 2 (2016)
Under the Sun (2015 Documentary): Similar to Fahrenheit 9/11 in it's political nominations.
Swiss Army Man (2016)
Nine Lives (2016)

I suspect that Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad will get an abnormal amount of Razzie attention this year.  They're not great films but not Razzie worthy in my eyes.

FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK should be disqualified as it's creators aren't even trying to make a film that would beat The Room in legitimacy as a decent watchable film.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Tsarstepan
Oiram posted a similar threads 3 weeks ago, but I'll re-post my picks anyway (with a couple of new additions):
-THE 5TH WAVE.
Seen it.  Well intentioned and decent acting but a failing in so many other ways.  This one does have craptential for nominations.

-CELL.
Thanks for the reminder.  A copy of this Stephen King monster has been reserved at the NYPL for me.

-GOD'S NOT DEAD.
I think you mean God's Not Dead 2.

-FLORENCE FOSTER JENKINS.
A disappointing forgettable movie that ... well I don't think deserves either hate or a movie going audience in the first place.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

DTLizard
I haven't seen nearly enough movies yet...I think I'm gonna use my Christmas break to catch up with the year's stinkers (working up the courage to watch Nine Lives and Ice Age:Collission Course takes time :p). The only one I'm feeling certain about is Suicide Squad for Worst Script, considering it for Worst Director until I've seen some more movies.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Tsarstepan wrote
Under the Sun (2015 Documentary)

FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK should be disqualified as it's creators aren't even trying to make a film that would beat The Room in legitimacy as a decent watchable film.

I think you mean God's Not Dead 2.
1) If it was released last year, then it's not eligible.
2) I'd argue that they did try to make what they thought would be a funny comedy.
3) Oops! Thanks.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

I have more than 40 films to recommend for the awards, and they'll be ordered, as usual, by release date

The Forest, directed by Jason Zada (Jnr. 8)
Ride Along 2 (Jnr. 15)
Norm of the North (Jnr. 15)
The Boy, directed by William Brent Bell (Jnr. 22)
The 5th Wave (Jnr. 22)
Dirty Grandpa / Kitanai Ojiisan (Jnr. 22)
Fifty Shades of Black (Jnr. 29)
Regression (Fbr. 5)
The Choice (Fbr. 5)
Zoolander 2 (Fbr. 12)
Gods of Egypt (Fbr. 26)
London Has Fallen (Mrc. 4)
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Mrc. 18)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Mrc. 25)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Mrc. 25)
God's Not Dead 2 (Apl. 1)
Meet the Blacks (Apl. 1)
The Boss, directed by Ben Falcone (Apl. 8)
Criminal, directed by Ariel Vromen (Apl. 15)
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Apl. 22)
Ratchet & Clank (Apl. 29)
Mother's Day (Apl. 29)
The Darkness, directed by Greg McLean (May 13)
Alice Through the Looking Glass (May 27)
Warcraft (Jne. 10)
Independence Day: Resurgence (Jne. 24)
Ice Age: Collision Course (Jly. 22)
Suicide Squad (Ags. 5)
Nine Lives (Ags. 5)
Ben-Hur [remake] (Ags. 19)
Mechanic: Resurrection (Ags. 26)
Yoga Hosers (Spt. 2)
When the Bough Breaks (Spt. 9)
The Disappointments Room (Spt. 9)
Max Steel (Oct. 14)
Keeping Up With the Joneses (Oct. 21)
Boo! A Madea Halloween (Oct. 21)
Inferno, directed by Ron Howard (Oct. 28)
Shut In (Nvb. 11)
Bad Santa 2 (Nvb. 23)
Incarnate (Dcb. 2)
Collateral Beauty (Dcb. 16)
Assassin's Creed (Dcb. 21)
Passengers, directed by Morten Tyldum (Dcb. 21)

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

My own picks:

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Ben-Hur
Boo! A Madea Halloween
The Boss
Dirty Grandpa
Fifty Shades of Black
Gods of Egypt
Independence Day: Resurgence
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
Nine Lives
Passengers
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander 2

I should say, considering the fact that it was mentioned few times by official Razzie members, I would not be surprised if The Darkness ends up on the ballots for Worst Picture.

Worst Actor - Matt Damon (nom) (Been called uninteresting and is also accused of promoting a white savior movie. Also since his buddy Ben Affleck has been nominated multiple times, why not him?), Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.), Jamie Dornan (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Tom Hanks (nom) (He managed to avoid a nom for decades, BurnHollywoodBurn from years back even described him as "Un-Razz-able", but considering how much of a let down The Circle was and how he didn't bring much to it, maybe his time is now. Plus, he'd be interesting to nominate, and it's be weird to have Watson and not him too.), Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (nom)(Not only did his movie pretty much flop, but he ends up complaining about the criticism on Twitter! Plus, he's been nominated before and Jumanji doesn't look so hot either.), and Mark Wahlberg (nom) (If this is his last "hurrah" in the Transformers movies, maybe he should get a nom as extra motivation to stay away. Marky Mark doesn't want to become a repeat offender, does he?)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!), Scarlett Johansson (nom) (Starred in two box-office bombs, one of them with the stigma of whitewashing. Plus it'd be interesting to have her.), Dakota Johnson (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Milla Jovovich (nom) (Considering that the last outing got her a nom, maybe she'll receive another one.), Amy Schumer (nom) (Not only has her humor been described as getting scale and one-note, but she's been labeling any criticisms of that as "evil conservatives" to try and dismiss them, and now this led up a movie that is not so well received for many reasons, not the least of which being that she did not bring the funny, and did pretty poorly at the box-office.), and Emma Watson (nom) (While starring in, at this point, the highest grossing movies of the year, she also stars in one of the biggest disappointments of the year. Could be something to pounce on.)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom) (He does not lend much to the movie he stars in, and the special effects on him make his performance look worse!), Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!), Eric Johnson (nom) (Basically used to make Christian Grey look less bad by comparison!), Ben Kingsley (nom) (Not only a Razzie repeat offender, but his character in Collide keeps watching the Razzie nominated movie Perfect and keeps talking almost creepily about Razzie perennial Burt Reynolds!), Rob Lowe (nom) (Previously won a Razzie in this category, why not nominate him again if he's going to appear in films like Monster Trucks.), and John Turturro (nom) (He has made the ballots for the Transformers movies before, but always gets shut out. Maybe this will be his chance at a nom.)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.), Faye Dunaway (nom) (Razzie perennial Dunaway is attempting to make a big comeback, but starting off with The Bye Bye Man, not to mention being a part of the Best Picture flub at the Oscars, things do not look good for her.), Laura Haddock (nom) (She seems to be a good actress, but when put into a Bay movie where she has to look pretty while being a scientist, Star-Lord's mom cannot pull it off.), Marcia Gay Harden (nom) (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?), Goldie Hawn (nom) (Making her big-screen comeback in Snatched... a movie which stunk and she stunk in it, a surefire way to receive a second nom in this category.), and Isabela Moner (nom) (Comes off as a preachy character, more than likely going to annoy some.)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom) (Going to go down in history as the most Razzie nominated director thanks to these Transformers movies. I would not be surprised if he wins.), James Foley (Previous Razzie nominee has returned after about three decades to director the sequel to the Razzie winning Fifty Shades of Grey. I'd say he has this in the bag.), Alex Kurtzman (nom) (Speaking of Transformers, one of the Razzie winning writers of the first and second one tried to start a cinematic universe, and boy howdy, did it get off to a rocky start!), Guy Ritchie (nom) (Speaking of cinematic universes, previous Razzie winner and husband of Madonna tried to start one too, and man did it turn out messy!), Chris Wedge (nom) (Going from animation to live-action and came out with a write-off... yeah...), and Zhang Yimou (nom) (Even with his stylized directing, he could not make the characters interesting, or those lizard creatures look convincing.)

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

MiguelAntilsu
My selections are:

Ben-Hur
Dirty Grandpa
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Gods of Egypt
Independence Day: Resurgence
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
Nine Lives
Warcraft
Zoolander 2

Alternates: The Darkness, Max Steel, Norm of the North, Shut In, Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

I should probably also make a list of picks that are not in my own consideration for Worst Picture, but deserve to be looked at for many other categories:

Bad Santa 2
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Brothers Grimsby
Collateral Beauty
The Darkness (Of course)
The Disappointments Room
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
The 5th Wave
Ghostbusters
God's Not Dead 2
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Ice Age: Collision Course
Incarnate
Inferno
The Legend of Tarzan
Masterminds
Mechanic: Resurrection
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Now You See Me 2
Office Christmas Party
Regression
Ride Along 2
Shut In
Solace
Suicide Squad
Warcraft
Yoga Hosers

If any one new here wants to know what those specific categories are, look at the thread titled "FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES" on these forums and scroll down on the first page until you find my post with the list.
[...]

Dun-Ida
Here is my top picks.

God's Not Dead 2
Ben-Hur (remake)
Mother's Day
Keeping Up With the Joneses
Ghostbusters (2016)
Independence Day: Resurgence
The Choice
The Boss
How to be Single
The 5th Wave

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

JamesWoehr
Jesse Eisenberg-Batman vs Superman
Emily Blunt-Huntsman Winters War
Worst Picture-Ghostbusters
Worst Picture-Cell
Worst Director-Zack Snyder

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Vits
Welcome, James.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Razzies are the Worst
Wow...what a lame-a** ballot that turned out to be

So why this is the Worst Razzie Ballot Ever? Well, here's one reason as good as any: Helen Mirren is on the Worst Supporting Actress ballot, and Cara Delevigne is...not.

 Unbelievable... #justretirealreadyRAZZIEman
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Vits
OK, now you're just being a jerk.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Razzies are the Worst
Why? For telling it like it is??? Sorry if the truth hurts- or am I in a bizarre world where HELEN MIRREN is a WORSE actress than some painfully inexperienced model???????? Also, Kevin Hart is SO much worst than Ben Affleck was as Batman; I suppose I'm a racist too!
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

DTLizard
Dude, just write-in your preferences if they're not already on the ballot. That's what I'm doing.

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

No, because you're insulting. Also, it's your opinion. A lot of people may agree with you but, since it's not literally every single person, it's not "the truth."

Re: Year-End Razzie Picks...Pix??

Well, I'm more worried about Razz E Hader flaming Head RAZZberry, actually.
12