Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Vheid
19% on RT. Any predictions?
For links to every discussion thread started on this forum so far, see the list of every 2018 release so far

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

oiram
Razzie winner Alicia Silverstone is in this, but she might not get nominated. Worst Sequel is most likely.
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Izïa Higelin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Christy Lemire's review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.
Vheid wrote
19% on RT.
And the consensus reads: "With an all-new cast but the same juvenile humor, the film finds the franchise still stuck in arrested -- and largely unfunny -- development."

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Dun-Ida
Possible Razzie nominees:

Worst Picture

Worst Actor
Jason Drucker. His performance is bereft of comical presence needed for a comedy.
I was reluctant to suggest this as Jason Drucker is only eleven years old. However his unfunny presence is too difficult to ignore.

Worst Supporting Actor
Charlie Wright. His performance is also bereft of comical presence.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
Despite a new cast this is a sequel to Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days.

Worst Director
David Bowers. His direction failed to get decent performances from the cast. Despite a run time of ninety-one minutes the movie appears slow-paced in some parts.

Worst Screenplay
Jeff Kinney and David Bowers. The screenplay has little humor in it. There are a few times worthy of a weak smile but not much else. Most the "gags" are more stupid than humorous.

Worst Screen Combination
The entire cast should be considered for being unfunny.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Alicia Silverstone is dull and unfunny but this year there are others more worthy of nomination.

oiram wrote
Razzie winner Alicia Silverstone is in this, but she might not get nominated. Worst Sequel is most likely.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Supporting Actor for Charlie Wright and for Christopher A. Coppola.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.
Oh, and maybe Worst Supporting Actress for Alicia Silverstone.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Dun-Ida
Vits wrote
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Supporting Actor for Charlie Wright and for Christopher A. Coppola.
Charlie Wright is more worthy of a nomination.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Vits
I already posted that review.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Dun-Ida
Whoops. I did not notice.

Vits wrote
I already posted that review.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Dun-Ida
An analysis of the main protagonist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIFmnn47OoM

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Vits
I never read the books, but I did have a similar opinion about him when watching the 1st movie... and the sequels just confirmed it.

Re: Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Dun-Ida
I never liked the main character. The analysis strengthened my dislike of him.

Vits wrote