When to consider for Worst Supporting Actress/Actor?

When to consider for Worst Supporting Actress/Actor?

DTLizard
When do you folks consider someone's role in a movie enough to consider them for Worst Supporting Actor/Actress? Personally, I think Worst Supporting should have a minor role in the movie, but definitely more than just a one scene short cameo. It also seems fairer to me, because a one scene cameo isn't a lot to go on actingwise, and with a longer role you can compare it better to the other nominees for Worst Supporting.

Re: When to consider for Worst Supporting Actress/Actor?

Vits
I agree... unless someone is nominated for more than one movie. In that case, I don't mind it if one of his/her roles is a cameo.

Re: When to consider for Worst Supporting Actress/Actor?

Razzies are the Worst
I'm down with that idea, esp re. Zoolander 2, where Kyle Mooney (as an obnoxious hipster) deserves consideration far more than Justin Bieber does...
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: When to consider for Worst Supporting Actress/Actor?

DTLizard
Yeah, if, for example, Adam Sandler has a terrible cameo in movie A, and a terrible minor role in movie B, there's no reason why he can't be nominated for both. But if it is just a terrible cameo, like Justin Bieber in Zoolander 2, I'd rather give the award to someone I had to watch in the movie for more than a couple of minutes.

I guess voice-acting can be tricky to determine too, acting-wise, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it when I see Ice Age: Collission Course

Re: When to consider for Worst Supporting Actress/Actor?

Vits
Well, I recommended Bieber because I felt his performance was bad. The fact that I felt that way after seeing him for so little means that his performance is worse than most.