What about a new category for Worst CGI/special effects?

What about a new category for Worst CGI/special effects?

Tsarstepan
Throwing this one out there.

There are plenty of options and though I thoroughly enjoyed Batman V Superman, I think it could easily be a contender.

I thought of this idea when watching Nine Lives last night and was utterly baffled by the unnecessarily bad CGI of the glass elevator scenes (amongst other visual travesties of the film).
Ennui (and terrible movies) are my default state of being.

Re: What about a new category for Worst CGI/special effects?

Vits
Welcome, Tsarstepan. This category did exist. It was awarded in the 7th and 8th ceremony. I do think it would be a good idea to bring it back, since there's definitely enough contenders.

Re: What about a new category for Worst CGI/special effects?

I would like to welcome you too, Tsarstepan.

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actor - Tom Cruise (nom), Matt Damon (nom), Johnny Depp, Jamie Dornan (nom), Charlie Hunnam (nom), and Charlie Sheen (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Anna Kendrick (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Mel Gibson (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), J. K. Simmons (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger, Faye Dunaway (nom), Laura Haddock (nom), Goldie Hawn (nom), Isabela Moner (nom), and Rebel Wilson (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan