This year's likely Razzie contenders...

1234 ... 23

This year's likely Razzie contenders...

#1 Razzie Fan
The Darkness, Dirty Grandpa, Mother's Day and the up-coming FIFTY SHADES sequel top my short list. What's on yours??

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Janet
Mother's Day really wasn't that bad.

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

These are the films from January to May I'm considering to vote for:

The 5th Wave
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Boss, directed by Ben Falcone
The Boy, directed by William Brent Bell
The Choice
The Darkness, directed by Greg McLean
Dirty Grandpa / Kitanai Ojiisan
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Fifty Shades of Black
The Forest, directed by Jason Zada
Gods of Egypt
The Huntsman: Winter's War
London Has Fallen
Meet the Blacks
Mother's Day
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Norm of the North
Ratchet & Clank
Regression
Ride Along 2
Zoolander No. 2

To RazzieFan: I believe Fifty Shades Darker isn't coming until February of '017.

To Janet: Why were you that forgiving to Mother's Day?

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Janet
Hey GTA - H…

I guess because I saw it and I didn't puke,  like I thought I would!

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Dun-Ida
Here are the top choices of my short list, so far.....

God's Not Dead 2
The Choice
The Boss
How to Be Single
The 5th Wave
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
Gods of Egypt

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Too bad all the posts were erased. Well, I don't think it's necessary to re-post them. However, we should create again the threads, right? At least the ones from this year's contenders and the all the other ones that were active (e.g. the forum members' reviews). If not, I'll post my thoughts on the Razzie contenders here (I've seen a couple of contenders since the site's inactivity). By the way, will this be the main thread where we'll talk about... well, everything? I mean the news, the new releases in Chile, personal things, etc.?

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Man, this does not look all that great, but I guess I have to learn to live with it.

Hi Janet. Nice to see new faces.

Why don't I repost this again:

Worst Picture

The Boss
Criminal
Dirty Grandpa
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
The 5th Wave
Fifty Shades of Black
Gods of Egypt
The Huntsman: Winter's War
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Regression
Ride Along 2
Zoolander 2

Worst Actor

Gerard Butler/Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen
Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds/Criminal
Robert De Niro/Dirty Grandpa
Joel Edgerton/Jane Got a Gun
Zac Efron/Dirty Grandpa
Mike Epps/Meet the Blacks
Kevin Hart/Ride Along 2
Ethan Hawke/Regression
Chris Hemsworth/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Ice Cube/Ride Along 2
Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Benjamin Walker/The Choice
Marlon Wayans/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Actress

Jessica Chastain/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Melissa McCarthy/The Boss
Chloe Grace Moretz/The 5th Wave
Teresa Palmer/The Choice
Natalie Portman/Jane Got a Gun
Julia Roberts/Mother's Day
Nia Vardalos/My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Emma Watson/Regression
Shailene Woodley/The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Worst Supporting Actor

Andrew "King Bach" Bachelor/Fifty Shades of Black and Meet the Blacks
Justin Bieber/Zoolander 2
Benjamin Bratt/Ride Along 2
Affion Crockett/Fifty Shades of Black
Jeff Daniels/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Peter Dinklage/The Boss
Aaron Eckhart/London Has Fallen
Jesse Eisenberg/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Mike Epps/Fifty Shades of Black
Will Ferrell/Zoolander 2
Morgan Freeman/London Has Fallen
Ken Jeong/Norm of the North (voice only) and Ride Along 2
Tommy Lee Jones/Criminal
George Lopez/Meet the Blacks
Gary Oldman/Criminal
Geoffrey Rush/Gods of Egypt
Liev Schreiber/The 5th Wave
Miles Teller/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Mike Tyson/Meet the Blacks
Fred Willard/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Supporting Actress

Angela Bassett/London Has Fallen
Kristen Bell/The Boss
Maria Bello/The 5th Wave
Emily Blunt/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Penelope Cruz/The Brothers Grimsby and Zoolander 2
Courtney Eaton/Gods of Egypt
Alice Eve/Criminal
Gal Gadot/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Criminal, and Triple 9
Julianne Hough/Dirty Grandpa
Kate Hudson/Mother's Day
Maika Monroe/The 5th Wave
Olivia Munn/Ride Along 2
Aubrey Plaza/Dirty Grandpa
Jane Seymour/Fifty Shades of Black
Charlize Theron/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Naomi Watts/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Kristen Wiig/Zoolander 2
Elodie Yung/Gods of Egypt

Worst Screen Combo

Gerard Butler and either Angela Bassett, Aaron Eckhart, or any terrorist/London Has Fallen
Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds/Criminal
Robert De Niro and either Zac Efron or Aubrey Plaza/Dirty Grandpa
The Entire (Mostly White) Cast of Gods of Egypt
The Entire Cast of Mother's Day
The Entire Cast of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
The Entire Cast of Zoolander 2
Ethan Hawke and Emma Watson/Regression
Chris Hemsworth and either Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain, or Charlize Theron/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Ice Cube and either Kevin Hart or Olivia Munn/Ride Along 2
Melissa McCarthy and either Kristen Bell or Peter Dinklage/The Boss
Chloe Grace Moretz and either Nick Robinson or Alex Roe/The 5th Wave
Benjamin Walker and Teresa Palmer/The Choice
Marlon Wayans and Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Shailene Woodley and Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Fifty Shades of Black
God's Not Dead 2
The Huntsman: Winter's War
London Has Fallen
Meet the Blacks (Rip-off of The Purge)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Ride Along 2
Zoolander 2

Worst Director

Alejandro Amenabar/Regression
J Blakeson/The 5th Wave
Ben Falcone/The Boss
Kirk Jones/My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Dan Mazer/Dirty Grandpa
Babak Najafi/London Has Fallen
Cedric Nicolas-Troyan/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Alex Proyas/Gods of Egypt
Robert Schwentke/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Zack Snyder/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Tim Story/Ride Along 2
Michael Tiddes/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Screenplay

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer; Based on Batman by Bob Kane and Bill Finger; Based on Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster)
The Boss (Written by Ben Falcone, Steve Mallory, and Melissa McCarthy)
The Choice (Screenplay by Bryan Spie; Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks)
Criminal (Written by Douglas Cook and David Weisberg)
Dirty Grandpa (Written by John M. Phillips)
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Screenplay by Stephen Chbosky, Bill Collage, Adam Cooper, and Noah Oppenheim; Based on the novel Allegiant by Veronica Roth)
The 5th Wave (Screenplay by Susannah Grant, Akiva Goldsman, and Jeff Pinkner; Based on the novel by Rick Yancey)
Fifty Shades of Black (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
Gods of Egypt (Written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless)
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Written by Evan Spiliotopoulos and Craig Mazin; Based on the characters by Evan Daugherty; Based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen; Based on Snow White by The Brothers Grimm)
Jane Got a Gun (Screenplay by Brian Duffield, Anthony Tambakis, and Joel Edgerton; Story by Brian Duffield)
London Has Fallen (Screenplay by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, Chad St. John, and Christian Gudegast; Story by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt; Based on the characters by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Written by Nia Vardalos)
Regression (Written by Alejandro Amenabar)
Ride Along 2 (Written by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi; Based on the characters by Greg Coolidge)
Zoolander 2 (Written by John Hamburg, Ben Stiller, Nicholas Stoller, and Justin Theroux; Based on the characters by Drake Sather and Ben Stiller)

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jon Bass (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

During this "off time", I saw RISEN. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Picture.
But NOT:
-Worst Actor for Joseph Fiennes.
-Worst Supporting Actor for Cliff Curtis.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.

New releases here:
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS as ALICIA A TRAVÉS DEL ESPEJO (literal translation). / All ages
-EL HILO ROJO: An Argentinian woman and a Chilean man have a short romance. 9 years later, they ran into each other. They've married other people and have children, but they're still in love. / Over 14
-FRAGMENTOS DE LUCÍA: A Chilean bipolar woman looks for her biological mother in another city after receiving a letter from her. / Over 14
-NEIGHBORS 2: SORORITY RISING as BUENOS VECINOS 2 (GOOD NEIGHBORS 2) / Over 14
What should I do?

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

oiram
Hey guys, wanted you to be on the look out for this, a new Nicolas Cage movie that looks bad. Might be a contender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSTC6nnbaRo

DiCaprio finally won an Oscar, lets have Cage finally win a Razzie.

[...]
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Sorry for double posting, but nothing much has come out this month, so here's a new list:

Worst Picture

Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Boss
Dirty Grandpa
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
The 5th Wave
Fifty Shades of Black
Gods of Egypt
The Huntsman: Winter's War
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Regression
Ride Along 2
Zoolander 2

Worst Actor

Kevin Bacon/The Darkness
Gerard Butler/Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen
Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds/Criminal
Robert De Niro/Dirty Grandpa
Johnny Depp/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Joel Edgerton/Jane Got a Gun
Zac Efron/Dirty Grandpa
Kevin Hart/Ride Along 2
Ethan Hawke/Regression
Chris Hemsworth/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Ice Cube/Ride Along 2
Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Benjamin Walker/The Choice
Marlon Wayans/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Actress

Jessica Chastain/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Melissa McCarthy/The Boss
Radha Mitchell/The Darkness
Chloe Grace Moretz/The 5th Wave
Teresa Palmer/The Choice
Natalie Portman/Jane Got a Gun
Julia Roberts/Mother's Day
Nia Vardalos/My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Mia Wasikowska/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Emma Watson/Regression
Shailene Woodley/The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Worst Supporting Actor

Justin Bieber/Zoolander 2
Benjamin Bratt/Ride Along 2
Sacha Baron Cohen/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Affion Crockett/Fifty Shades of Black
Jeff Daniels/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Peter Dinklage/The Boss
Aaron Eckhart/London Has Fallen
Jesse Eisenberg/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Will Ferrell/Zoolander 2
Morgan Freeman/London Has Fallen
Ken Jeong/Norm of the North (voice only) and Ride Along 2
Tommy Lee Jones/Criminal
George Lopez/Meet the Blacks
Matt Lucas/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Gary Oldman/Criminal
Geoffrey Rush/Gods of Egypt
Liev Schreiber/The 5th Wave
Miles Teller/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Mike Tyson/Meet the Blacks
Fred Willard/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Supporting Actress

Angela Bassett/London Has Fallen
Kristen Bell/The Boss
Maria Bello/The 5th Wave
Emily Blunt/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Helena Bonham Carter/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Penelope Cruz/The Brothers Grimsby and Zoolander 2
Courtney Eaton/Gods of Egypt
Anne Hathaway/Alice Through the Looking Glass
[...]

Mia Wasikowska and Johnny Depp/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Marlon Wayans and Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Shailene Woodley and Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Fifty Shades of Black
God's Not Dead 2
The Huntsman: Winter's War
London Has Fallen
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Ride Along 2
Zoolander 2

Worst Director

Alejandro Amenabar/Regression
J Blakeson/The 5th Wave
James Bobin/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Ben Falcone/The Boss
Kirk Jones/My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Dan Mazer/Dirty Grandpa
Babak Najafi/London Has Fallen
Cedric Nicolas-Troyan/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Alex Proyas/Gods of Egypt
Robert Schwentke/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Zack Snyder/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Tim Story/Ride Along 2
Michael Tiddes/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Screenplay

Alice Through the Looking Glass (Written by Linda Woolverton; Based on the characters by Lewis Carroll)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer; Based on Batman by Bob Kane and Bill Finger; Based on Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster)
The Boss (Written by Ben Falcone, Steve Mallory, and Melissa McCarthy)
The Choice (Screenplay by Bryan Spie; Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks)
The Darkness (Written by Shayne Armstrong, S.P. Krause, and Greg McLean)
[...]

Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Vits
The 3rd MAZE RUNNER movie has been pushed back to 2018. Do you think it'll affect the box office sales?

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

RedDevil
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Vits
THE 5TH WAVE, ALLEGIANT, BATMAN V SUPERMAN, THE BOSS, FANT4STIC, THE HUNTSMAN, MOTHER'S DAY, RIDE ALONG PART 2 and ZOOLANDER PART 2 have been nominated for the Teen Choice Awards.
RedDevil wrote
My actual question is: will Johnny Depp finally win?

"Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass" "Mortdecai" "Transcendence" "The Lone Ranger" "Dark Shadows" "The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" "The Tourist" "Alice in Wonderland" "The Pirates of Caribbean: At World's End" - isn't he a bit overdue for our recognition? It's like he was one of the most promising actors of Hollywood, but today I call him one of the worst. It's time for him to win.
I haven't read many complains about his performance in ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS. He could still be nominated again, though.

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

MiguelAntilsu
Hate to break it to you, but "Fifty Shades Darker" doesn't come out until 2017.  That being said, here are my current Worst Picture contenders:

Alice Through the Looking Glass
The Boss
The Choice
Criminal
Dirty Grandpa
The Divergent Series: Insurgent
The Do-Over
The 5th Wave
Fifty Shades of Black
The Forest
God's Not Dead 2
Gods of Egypt
The Huntsman: Winter's War
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Norm of the North
Ratchet & Clank
Ride Along 2
Zoolander 2

And we're getting an onslaught of contenders in the next two months.  These include "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows", "Now You See Me 2", "Central Intelligence", "The Purge: Election Year", "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates", "Ghostbusters", "Ice Age: Collision Course", and the worst of them all, "Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party".

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Vits
The most obvious target this week is NINJA TURTLES 2. However, we should also focus on ME BEFORE YOU (it has received mixed early reviews) and POPSTAR.
RedDevil wrote
@Vits we can say the same about most Leading Lady contenders. McCarthy has good reviews, Woodley is considered as the best part of the Divergent Film Series and there is not much hate on Emma Watson or Jessica Chastain either.

So I don't see why we wouldn't take Depp seriously, someone who's not only terrible for years, but in that particular film as well.
Good point. I won't say more until I see the movie.

Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

So I found this video about a controversial video involving the new ghostbusters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRRDNHwV8co

Let me just say that if this film does turn out to be bad, I'll be SHOCKED if it does not sweep the Razzies.

Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: This year's likely Razzie contenders...

Vits
New releases here:
-FREEHELD as FREE LOVE: NO SIN ELLA (NOT WITHOUT HER). I have no idea why they used a title in English that's different from the original one. / Over 14
-MONEY MONSTER as EL MAESTRO DEL DINERO (THE MONEY MASTER) / Over 14
-TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS as TORTUGAS NINJA 2: FUERA DE LAS SOMBRAS (subtitle kept; title NINJA TURTLES 2). / All ages
-TINI: EL GRAN CAMBIO DE VIOLETTA: A series-finale-type of movie for VIOLETTA, a successful Argentinian telenovela for kids and teens about a teenage girl who (at the beginning) hasn't realized that she's a talented singer. / All ages
What should I do?
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile
1234 ... 23