The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

Don

The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

Don
I know it's an art film, but The Lobster deserves serious consideration for the wort film of the year for one very important reason - almost all the film critics are recommending it!  If you have seen it, and don't leave disgusted and mildly nauseated over the last two hours of your life you wasted, then....good for you.  I just offer this, most comedies I see don't proudly proclaim that one of the romantic interests brags about how she kicked a border collie to death, and then shows the dog in a pool of blood.

I've seen plenty of bad movies, but usually not ones that had 90% critic approval ratings.  I think this one needs to get thrown back in the face of the movie critics, because they have done a terrible disservice recommending this disgusting piece of crap to an unsuspecting public thinking they were going to a comedy.

So this is the worst example of 2016 of expectations (from the critics) and reality.  It makes me question whether any critic's review can be trusted...

Re: The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

RXSpeedster
Don wrote
[...]

Don, to be honest, I seriously don't believe The Lobster should be considered for nominations just because 90% of all critics on Rotten Tomatoes are recommending it.

Sure, it may not appeal to everyone such as yourself and I, myself, have not seen the film, but it just sounds really petty to vent your disapproval so heavily.

The Razzies will only consider nominations for films under a 45% approval rating from all critics, and there are other films released this year that are more likely to be nominated by the end of 2016.

Re: The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

Vits
Richard Roeper's review.

Peter Travers' review.

Mitch Hansch's review.

Chris Bumbray's review.

JimmyO's review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.
RXSpeedster wrote
90% of all critics on Rotten Tomatoes are recommending it.
And the consensus reads: "As strange as it is thrillingly ambitious, the film is definitely an acquired taste -- but for viewers with the fortitude to crack through Yorgos Lanthimos' offbeat sensibilities, it should prove a savory cinematic treat."

Re: The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

RedDevil
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Just because a movie gets its own thread here it doesn't mean it'll be nominated. There's no need to delete it. We all have the right to talk about the movie we personally dislike.

CONTENTS DELETED

It's not a simple movie forum. It's a forum for people to say what movies they would like to see nominated. And a person isn't weird for not liking a movie, no matter how acclaimed it is. We all have different taste.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

Vits
RedDevil wrote
The point is, that just because a certain individual dislikes a certain acclaimed movie, he/she shouldn't make silly forums to spread the hate on a Razzie Forum.

In the old days only those film had forums which were actual contenders.

If we start posting new forums of all films, instead of sharing our opinion in the common thread, this "Razzie forum" will simply be no longer a "Razzie forum".

Vits, you can also do me a favor, stop replying! Really! You clearly don't understand my points and I'm really not in the mood to fight.
1) There's no need to attack Don. Even if his forum isn't necessary as you say, it's not silly. And he's not spreading hate because he didn't say anything to try to convince us to dislike the movie too.
2) The official forums made by John Wilson were for potential contenders, but users would create their own forums to talk about what they wanted. Actually, some user forums were made by official after a week.
3) We're halfway through the year and this is the only forum of a well-reviewed movie. Yes, I'm taking the old site into consideration. I don't think allowing this forum will create a new trend. Specially since we lost a lot of members during the transitions and I don't think we'll get new ones anytime soon.
4) I'm not trying to fight. If you don't want me to reply, why are you in a forum?

CONTENTS DELETED

Why then?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

Vits
I just saw it. I don't think it should be nominated for anything.

Re: The Lobster - Worst Movie of the Year

Risikostreuung
I liked the first half of the movie, but after they left the Hotel it was kinda okayish. But Overall, it shouldn't nominated for anything.