TULIP FEVER

oiram
This film has had problems since 2004, where originally the stars were Jude Law and Keira Knightley, but changes in tax rules caused the production to cease. It began again in the 2010s with new stars, including soon to be Oscar winner Alicia Vikander. The film pretty much wrapped in 2014, but when an early test screening was made, the audiences did not react positively to the movie.

Thus began it's almost never-ending series of pushbacks, where the film kept changing release dates, attempting to delay the inevitable. It seemed like it would never actually get released in theaters... until today. And even THEN, there was a point made to have the embargo on the reviews not be lifted until the day of release!

We can now clearly see that despite having a mostly good cast, it is just lame romantic "drama." Should a movie like this get some Razzie gold?
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: TULIP FEVER

Vits
R.T. (4.5/10 - 10%): "A lush, handsomely-mounted period piece undone by uninspired dialogue and excessive plotting."

Re: TULIP FEVER

Vheid
When i watched the trailers i was already bothered by the fact that it was not even shot in the Netherlands.

As a native Dutchman i can clearly see when you try and fake the really destinct Dutch cities.
My votes:
W. Picture/Director/Screenplay: Emoji Movie
W. Actor: T. Cruise
W. Actress: K. Heigl
W. Sup. Actor: M. Gibson
W. Sup. Actress: S. Boutella
W. remake/sequel: Baywatch
W. Screen Combo: I honestly can't remember

Re: TULIP FEVER

oiram
Vheid wrote
When i watched the trailers i was already bothered by the fact that it was not even shot in the Netherlands.

As a native Dutchman i can clearly see when you try and fake the really destinct Dutch cities.
Hey Vheid, been a while since you have posted.

Yeah, I can understand how annoying that could be. Why not try and shoot your film at the real location? Though, it could be because of the budget.
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: TULIP FEVER

Vheid
oiram wrote
Vheid wrote
When i watched the trailers i was already bothered by the fact that it was not even shot in the Netherlands.

As a native Dutchman i can clearly see when you try and fake the really destinct Dutch cities.
Hey Vheid, been a while since you have posted.

Yeah, I can understand how annoying that could be. Why not try and shoot your film at the real location? Though, it could be because of the budget.
I understand that but if the entire movie is supposed to take place in one country with a very distinct building and city-planning style. I feel you should atleast consider contacting he government of that country to ask if you can shot the exterior shots there. If shooting in busy cities Amsterdam or Delft is too expensive try an other old town with canals and a smaller population (of which we easily have more then a hundred.).
W. remake/sequel: Baywatch