THE SPACE BETWEEN US

Vheid
Currently at a mere 5% on Rotten Tomatoes... Making it one of the worst reviewed wide releases of the year so far... And following a long tradition of Mars-based films that fail to get any enthusiasm...

Re: THE SPACE BETWEEN US

oiram
I believe the director of this movie has a Razzie nom under his belt, for Town & Country.
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!)

Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.)

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: THE SPACE BETWEEN US

Vits
Chris Bumbray's review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.
Vheid wrote
Currently at a mere 5% on Rotten Tomatoes... Making it one of the worst reviewed wide releases of the year so far... And following a long tradition of Mars-based films that fail to get any enthusiasm...
1) And the consensus reads: "It strands its star-crossed young lovers in a mind-numbingly vast expanse of shameless cheese that will send all but the most forgiving viewers eye-rolling for the exits."
2) What movies are you referring to?
oiram wrote
I believe the director of this movie has a Razzie nom under his belt, for Town & Country.
That's correct. He has actually directed 2 movies that won a Razzie (in the same category, actually), but he was only nominated for TOWN AND COUNTRY.

Re: THE SPACE BETWEEN US

Vheid
Its a couple of summers back and does not have the same awfull reviews... But I remember both John Carter and Mars Needs Moms bombing ever the studios pumped a lot of money in the budgets...

Re: THE SPACE BETWEEN US

Vits
Gabriel Bahamondes (2/7): "No one expects Chelsom's film to become MAN FACING SOUTHEAST, but a certain depth in some themes or the development of different questions is the least expected in a production of such scale."