THE SHACK

Vheid
This post was updated on .
With a very low 13% on Rotten Tomatoes it seem to be our first awfull religious movie of the year... Any thoughts on its Razzie-chances (and if it's nominated, in which categories?)

Edit: I won't be making a forum for Table 19 because i decided to not focus on limited release movies this year (unless i am sure that they get nominations or unless i really truelly despise them) if you guys want a forum for that movie you should make one yourself...
Another edit: Okay, so Table 19 is still shown in 868 theatres... I might still make a forum for it...

Re: THE SHACK

oiram
Wait, Table 19 is in limited release?

Anyways, I am trying to decide whether Octavia Spencer would be Lead or Supporting. Also, there is apparently controversy over the fact that God here is portrayed by Octavia Spencer: Link

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jon Bass (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: THE SHACK

Vheid
This post was updated on .
oiram wrote
Wait, Table 19 is in limited release?
According to the Box Office Mojo release schedule (unless you have a better source that proves otherwise)

oiram wrote
Anyways, I am trying to decide whether Octavia Spencer would be Lead or Supporting. Also, there is apparently controversy over the fact that God here is portrayed by Octavia Spencer: Link
Off course they are... That sounds like the kind of thing surden people can get unnecessarily angry over...

But the link doesn't seem to work for me...

Re: THE SHACK

Vheid wrote
oiram wrote
Wait, Table 19 is in limited release?
According to the Box Office Mojo-release schedule (unless you have a better source that proves otherwise)

oiram wrote
Anyways, I am trying to decide whether Octavia Spencer would be Lead or Supporting. Also, there is apparently controversy over the fact that God here is portrayed by Octavia Spencer: Link
Off course they are... That sounds like the kind of thing surden people can get unnecessarily angry over...

But the link doesn't seem to work for me...
That's odd, the link works fine for me. Well, here it is ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/12/21/why-god-is-a-curvy-black-woman-in-the-shack-and-some-christian-critics-say-its-heresy/?utm_term=.3646a20c41a6 ) if you want to try again, maybe use Google.

Also, for a limited release, it is still quite a number of theaters that Table 19 has. I say go for it anyways.

[...]
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: THE SHACK

Vheid
oiram wrote
Vheid wrote
oiram wrote
Wait, Table 19 is in limited release?
According to the Box Office Mojo-release schedule (unless you have a better source that proves otherwise)

oiram wrote
Anyways, I am trying to decide whether Octavia Spencer would be Lead or Supporting. Also, there is apparently controversy over the fact that God here is portrayed by Octavia Spencer: Link
Off course they are... That sounds like the kind of thing surden people can get unnecessarily angry over...

But the link doesn't seem to work for me...
That's odd, the link works fine for me. Well, here it is ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/12/21/why-god-is-a-curvy-black-woman-in-the-shack-and-some-christian-critics-say-its-heresy/?utm_term=.3646a20c41a6 ) if you want to try again, maybe use Google.

Also, for a limited release, it is still a number of theaters that Table 19 has. I say go for it anyways.
To be far... The number of theatres wasn't yet posted when i typed this...

Also all these people getting angry over nothing and the fact that Spencer seems to be the only good thing in the movie according some reviewers would make me a bit reluctant to vote for her when it's nomination-time (then again i haven't seen the movie yet, so what do i know)

Re: THE SHACK

Richard Roeper's review.
Vheid wrote
a very low 13% on Rotten Tomatoes
And the consensus reads: "The film's undeniably worthy message is ill-served by a script that confuses spiritual uplift with melodramatic clichés and heavy-handed sermonizing."
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile