Quantcast

THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR

GTAHater
The Huntsman: Winter's War was the worst new film of the week on April 22. Here's what I recall:

*It's part-sequel and part-prequel to Snow White and the Huntsman, which Won Worst Actress of 2012 for Kristen Stewart.

*Its main stars are Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Emily Blunt, and Jessica Chastain

*Kristen Stewart as Queen Snow White only appeared in archival scenes.

*It was criticized for knocking off Disney's Frozen in costume design, hair styling, and winter themes, and adding elements from every successful fantasy or sword & sorcery work since the mid 1980s.

*Many viewers were uncomfortable, because the characters were described as deeply scornful and quick to betray each other in cold blood, and they couldn't pull it off the way Game of Thrones succeeded in doing.

*It was panned by critics with a 16% Tomatometer review score and 35% Metascore review average, as well as a "T-Minus one day" (moderately negative) score from famed young YouTube film critic Jeremy Jahns.

Discuss below!

Re: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR

Vits
R.T. (15-20%): "It's s visually arresting and boasts a stellar cast, but neither are enough to recommend this entirely unnecessary sequel."

Peter Travers' review.

Chris Bumbray's review.

Jeremy Jahns' review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review.
Follow me at @Vits_Chile

Re: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR

I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel and Sequel.
Oh, and maybe Worst Picture. But not:
-Worst Screen Couple for Chris Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Director.
-Worst "Original" Song for CASTLE by Halsey.
GTAHater wrote
It was criticized for knocking off Disney's Frozen in costume design, hair styling, and winter themes
FREYA is THE SNOW QUEEN, just as ELSA was. She's not a knock off, just another adaptation of the character.
Follow me at @Vits_Chile

Re: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR

oiram
Question, why no Emily Blunt? I know many have heavily criticized her performance in this. One reviewer even compared her to Eddie Redmayne's Razzie winning role in Jupiter Ascending.
Please let Robert De Niro finally be nominated for Worst Actor.

Please do not Razz Ben Affleck this year, at least, because there are others more deserving.

If no one will make this a quote, I will: Emily Blunt played the worst ice based character since Martin Short as Jack Frost and, before that, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Re: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR

Ryan Austin
Don't forget
Worst Supporting Actor: Eshan Gopal, Yusuf Hofri, Conrad Khan, Nana Agyeman-Bediako, Jack Brash
Worst Supporting Actress: Natahlia Colbourne, Annie Guy, Niamh Walter, Amelia Crouch,

Re: THE HUNTSMAN: WINTER'S WAR

oiram wrote
Question, why no Emily Blunt? I know many have heavily criticized her performance in this. One reviewer even compared her to Eddie Redmayne's Razzie winning role in Jupiter Ascending.
Not to me.
Follow me at @Vits_Chile