THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

12

THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

RyanAustin
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Vits
Why did you re-post this?

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

RyanAustin
I had lots of prototypes of this post in the past

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

The movie is currently #12 in IMDB's Bottom 100!

Eric Walkuski's review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

Tamara Chambers and Cody Melcher's video review.
RyanAustin wrote
6% on R.T.
The average rating is 2/10. The consensus reads: "🚫"

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Vits
DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

RyanAustin
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Vits
1) I'll let you know after I see it.
2) Don't restrict us. If we think Patrick's performance is bad, we'll vote for him.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

RyanAustin
What are your Razzie predictions for this movie?

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Dun-Ida
I saw this movie recently. Here is my suggestions for nominations:

Worst Picture

Worst Actor
T.J. Miller. His voice over is quite dull. This results in a character that is difficult to side with.

Worst Supporting Actress
Maya Rudolph. She is irritating as the Smiler emoji.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel
This is an obvious rip off of the much better Wreck-It Ralph.

Worst Screenplay
Tony Leondis, Eric Siegel and Mike White. Their screenplay lacks humor. The characters are underdeveloped and the story is bland.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

babyshowers
For Your Consideration:
WORST PICTURE
WORST ACTRESS (Anna Faris)
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS (Maya Rudolph, also for CHIPS and The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature)
WORST SCREENPLAY (Tony Leondis, Eric SiegelMike White)
WORST RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (Inside-Out/Wreck-It Ralph rip off)

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

oiram
babyshowers wrote
For Your Consideration:
WORST RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (Inside-Out/Wreck-It Ralph rip off)
Don't forget The Lego Movie.
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Dun-Ida
Agreed. It is a rip-off of Inside Out, Wreck-It Ralph and The Lego Movie.

oiram wrote
babyshowers wrote
For Your Consideration:
WORST RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (Inside-Out/Wreck-It Ralph rip off)
Don't forget The Lego Movie.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

babyshowers
Does this movie have any chances? The razzies have already "snubbed" dreadful films like Baby Geniuses and Norm of the North because they don't usually target "kids' movies". The fact that they nominated Baby Geniuses 2 and The Oogieloves for Worst Picture keeps the hopes alive

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

oiram
babyshowers wrote
Does this movie have any chances? The razzies have already "snubbed" dreadful films like Baby Geniuses and Norm of the North because they don't usually target "kids' movies". The fact that they nominated Baby Geniuses 2 and The Oogieloves for Worst Picture keeps the hopes alive
I think it does have a chance at a few noms.
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake or Rip-Off (rip-off of INSIDE OUT, THE LEGO MOVIE, TOY STORY* and WRECK-IT RALPH).
Oh, and maybe:
-Worst Screen Couple for T.J. Miller and Anna Faris and for Jake T. Austin and Tati Gabrielle.
-Worst Picture.
But not:
-Worst Actor for Miller.
-Worst Supporting Actor for Steven Wright.
-Worst Supporting Actress for Jennifer Coolidge.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.

*I didn't see that many similarities, but the director said he was inspired by it.
Vits wrote
The movie is currently #12 in IMDB's Bottom 100!
Now it's #53.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

This movie's IMDB standing has "improved". Now it is #92 in the Bottom 100.

Vits wrote
The movie is currently #12 in IMDB's Bottom 100!
Now it's #53.

Re: THE EMOJI MOVIE (2017)

Vits
The movie's honest trailer.