THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT

GTAHater
The 3rd installment in the film tetralogy adapting the dystopian trilogy of young adult novels was the worst new film of the week on March 18. Here are what I believe to be the factors that give it good odds in the Worst of 2016 RAZZIES:

*In the 2nd film, The Divergent Series: Insurgent, Shailene Woodley gave it her all, even when the rest of the cast would've rather been anywhere but the Divergent world. Now, in the 3rd of the 4 films, even lead star Woodley herself is getting miserably bored. Just like audiences, the cast and crew have not been looking forward to the next one, nor did they get enthusiastic about any other Divergent sequel.

*Director Robert Schwentke now has some slight history with the RAZZIES, because he directed Worst of 2013 RAZZIE semifinalist R.I.P.D.

*Allegiant only made 66 Megadollars at the domestic box office, and needed the 104 Mega from abroad to bring the planetary grosses above the 110 Megadollar budget. Studios, in a vestigial, old-fashioned trend, still use domestic box office as their metric, so they slashed the budget for the 4th installment, The Divergent Series: Ascendant, which is in the works for release in June 2017.

*It was panned by critics, with a 12% Tomatometer approval rating and 33% Metascore review average.

*Critics had a myriad of complaints. They said it was derivative and didn't advance the character development. Similar to their criticism of 2015 RAZZIE semifinalist TAK3N, critics also complained the series had been dragging on for far too long. It was obvious to them how bored everyone, cast, crew, and viewers, were getting of the franchise.

Discuss below!

Re: THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT

Vits
Peter Travers's review.

Chris Bumbray's review.

Jeremy Jahns' review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s review.
GTAHater wrote
It was panned by critics, with a 12% Tomatometer approval rating
And the consensus reads: "It improves on previous entries in the series on a few superficial levels, but they aren't enough to counteract a sense of growing boredom with a franchise that's gone on too long."

Re: THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT

RedDevil
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT

I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.

Oh, and maybe Worst Picture. But not:
-Worst Actor for Theo James.
-Worst Actress for Shailene Woodley.
-Worst Supporting Actor for Jeff Daniels nor for Miles Teller.
-Worst Supporting Actress for Naomi Watts nor for Octavia Spencer.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Screen Couple for Woodley and James.
-Worst Original Song for SCARS by Tove Lo.

CONTENTS DELETED

What are you talking about? I also mentioned a couple of actresses.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT

He's not off my list yet.

EDIT: Now he is.

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jon Bass (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: THE DIVERGENT SERIES: ALLEGIANT

Vits
I can assure you that I write my FYC's based on my personal taste without a hidden agenda. I didn't love Miles' performance, but I didn't dislike it. It has nothing to do with him being a man.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile