TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

GTAHater
WE ALL KNOW HOW BADLY THE 2014 ADAPTATION OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES FLOPPED TWO SUMMERS AGO, LANDED A WORST PICTURE NOMINATION, AND WON WORST ACTRESS FOR OSTENSIBLE MICHAEL BAY FAVORITE MEGAN FOX AS APRIL O’NEIL. THAT FILM FOCUSED FAR TOO MUCH ON HER ANYWAY, AND FAR TOO LITTLE ON THE TURTLES OR SHREDDER. THE COSTUME DESIGN WAS HIDEOUS, JUST LIKE DR. DOOM IN SUMMER 2015’s FANT4STIC. EVERYONE KNEW IT WOULD SUCK FROM THE MOMENT WE LAID EYES ON THOSE OVERGROWN TURTLE SUITS WITH BIG, WEIRDLY-SHAPED HEADS, SCARY SMILES, AND MUSCLES THAT REEKED OF ANABOLIC STEROIDS.

IN THAT CASE, IT COULD’VE BEEN A MAJOR BLOW TO FILMGOERS WHEN THE SEQUEL WAS ANNOUNCED. ACCORDING TO RUMOR, HOLLYWOOD IS EVEN CONSIDERING EXTENDING THE FRANCHISE INTO 5 FILMS! DOESN’T MICHAEL BAY EVER GIVE UP WHEN HE’S OUTMATCHED BY THE CRITICS?

THERE ARE ALSO A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO GOT THEIR HOPES UP BECAUSE THE FOCUS WAS SHIFTING BACK FROM O’NEIL TO THE TURTLES, BUT THEY EVIDENTLY GOT COMPLACENT TOWARDS THE UGLY DESIGNS, BECAUSE THE IMPROVEMENT OVER TMNT ‘014 IS NEGLIGIBLE! CRITICS ARE DRUBBING “OUT OF THE SHADOWS” AS ONE OF THE YEAR’S LOUDEST, MOST OBNOXIOUS NOISE MACHINES, WHICH JOE WRIGHT’S PAN WAS CRITICIZED AS LAST YEAR, IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME. THOUGH, TO THE FILM’S CREDIT, MANY WILL CONCEDE IT’S THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS COMPARED TO ITS PREDECESSOR. MICHAEL BAY WILL BE LUCKY TO EVER SCORE MUCH BETTER THAN THIS WITH ANOTHER TMNT SEQUEL. IN SHORT, HE NEXT TO CERTAINLY WILL NEVER GET ACCLAIMED FOR BUTCHERING OUR NINJA TURTLES CHILDHOOD WITH SAIS AND A NINJATO.

SHOULD THIS GO FURTHER IN THE WORST OF 2016 RAZZIES COMPETITION: SEND TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS BACK INTO THE SHADOW IT CRAWLED FROM BELOW!

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Vits
R.T. (35%): " It's a slight improvement over its predecessor, but still lacks the wit or anarchic energy of the comics that birthed the franchise."

Peter Travers' review.

JimmyO's review.

Jeremy Jahns' review.
GTAHater wrote
WON WORST ACTRESS FOR OSTENSIBLE MICHAEL BAY FAVORITE MEGAN FOX AS APRIL O’NEIL.
*Worst Supporting Actress.

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Raj Rawal's video review.

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Dun-Ida
I just watched this recently. My suggestions:

Worst Actress.
Megan Fox. As usual she just appears on front of the camera and does little else.

Worst Supporting Actor.
Brad Garrett. Since his character Krang is a creepy, slimy slug with tentacles he should sound cranky and menacing at the same time. Instead Garrett's Krang sounds like the schoolyard buffoon.

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

DTLizard
At a 38% Rotten Tomatoes rating, it looks like a likely contender for a Razzie. Maybe Worst Sequel/Remake/Reboot as well. I guess I'll watch it some time later this year along with some other potential Razzie nominees to see which categories I want to nominate it for.

How it should have ended.

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration, maybe:
-Worst Supporting Actress for Megan Fox.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Picture.
But not:
-Worst Supporting Actor for Tyler Perry nor for Brian Tee nor for Brad Garrett.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.

Everything wrong with this movie.

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

oiram
That review pretty much proves that Ms. Fox is deserving of another Razzie nomination.
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!)

Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.)

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Vits
Everything great about this movie.

Re: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Justin Kyle Surendranath
 I can't believe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows Going to The Golden Razzies and I wish Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows did not go to The Golden Razzie this year and I also Wish Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows went to the Oscar's best awards