Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

oiram
Since there does not seem to be a way to create a poll, at least not to my knowledge, I have decided to make this into a survey instead.

So, what I wanna see is what are your top choices for the Worst thus far. I want to see you guys do it as a list for each category, then put in bold what you think will be the top five, and put an asterisk (*) next to which one you think may win.

I'm not doing my full list yet because I'm waiting for Mechanic Resurrection to come out, but I will put down my Worst Picture list thus far just to give an example.

Worst Picture

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Ben-Hur
The Boss
Dirty Grandpa
Fifty Shades of Black
Gods of Egypt
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Independence Day: Resurgence
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
Nine Lives*
Regression
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander 2

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jon Bass (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

Razzies are the Worst
This post was updated on .
WORST PICTURE (contenders)- Alice Through the Looking Glass, Ben-Hur, Criminal, Dirty Grandpa, The Divergent Series: Allegiant, The Do-Over, Fifty Shades of Black, Gods of Egypt, God's Not Dead 2, The Huntsman: Winter's War, Ice Age: Collision Course, Independence Day: Resurgence*, London Has Fallen, Meet the Blacks, Mother's Day, Nina, Nine Lives, Norm of the North, Now You See Me 2, Ride Along 2, Suicide Squad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Warcraft, X-Men: Apocalypse, Zoolander 2
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

Vits
-13 HOURS
-THE 5TH WAVE
-THE BOY
-THE CHOICE
-DIRTY GRANDPA*
-LONDON HAS FALLEN

-NORM OF THE NORTH
-PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES
-RISEN

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

It's a given that every film I vote for will have less than 40% approval rating (the low edge of C Minus) on Rotten Tomatoes, but mine will also underpass 45% (the low edge of C Neutral) on Metacritic, because that implies that the negative reviews outweigh the positive there.

After throwing the small release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the slim-chanced God's Not Dead 2 out the window, I'm left with a pool of 30 negatively reviewed films that I'd recommend for the RAZZIES before adding anything from Ags. 26 and beyond. I'll do oiram's instructions one better and list them from least to greatest of 30 evils. In the hypothetical scenario where these were the only bad films (mostly if not all wide releases) to come out this year, my Bottom 30 Films of '016 would've looked a little something like this:

30. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
29. The Boy (DIR William Brent Bell)
28. Criminal (DIR Ariel Vromen)
27. Suicide Squad
26. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
25. Independence Day: Resurgence
24. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
23. Zoolander No. 2
22. Alice Through the Looking Glass
21. Ben-Hur [remake]
20. Warcraft
19. The Boss (DIR Ben Falcone)
18. The 5th Wave
17. The Huntsman: Winter's War
16. Ratchet & Clank
15. Regression
14. Ride Along 2
13. The Forest (DIR Jason Zada)
12. The Divergent Series: Allegiant
11. Ice Age: Collision Course
10. The Choice
9. The Darkness (DIR Greg McLean)
8. Mother's Day
7. Fifty Shades of Black
6. Meet the Blacks
5. London Has Fallen
4. Gods of Egypt
3. Dirty Grandpa / Kitanai Ojiisan
2. Norm of the North
1. Nine Lives*

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

josephebacon
So far there are three that are sinking in the RAZZIE toilet bowl

1) Batman V Superman
2) Suicide Squad
3) Ben-Hur

Coming close to them:

4) Independence Day: Resurgence
5) Zoolander 2 (Dear God, Why?????)

Also how many more Bourne remakes are they going to inflict on us?????

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

MiguelAntilsu
Ben-Hur
The Darkness
Dirty Grandpa
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Gods of Egypt
Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
Nine Lives
Warcraft

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

josephebacon wrote
Also how many more Bourne remakes are they going to inflict on us?????
You mean sequels?

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

I want to thank all of you for participating so far. A lot of good and interesting choices. However, this was not meant to just be picks for Worst Picture. This was also meant to be picks for other categories. So I have compiled new lists for the rest of the categories. If you want to, you may follow suit.

Worst Actor

Kevin Bacon/The Darkness
Gerard Butler/Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen
Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds/Criminal
Robert De Niro/Dirty Grandpa
Johnny Depp/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Zac Efron/Dirty Grandpa and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
Kevin Hart/Ride Along 2
Ethan Hawke/Regression
Chris Hemsworth/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Liam Hemsworth/Independence Day: Resurgence
Jack Huston/Ben-Hur
Ice Cube/Ride Along 2
Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Will Smith/Suicide Squad
Kevin Spacey/Nine Lives*
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Benjamin Walker/The Choice
Marlon Wayans/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Actress

Jessica Chastain/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Melissa McCarthy/The Boss*
Chloe Grace Moretz/The 5th Wave
Teresa Palmer/The Choice
Natalie Portman/Jane Got a Gun
Margot Robbie/The Legend of Tarzan and Suicide Squad
Julia Roberts/Mother's Day
Nia Vardalos/My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Mia Wasikowska/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Emma Watson/Regression
Shailene Woodley/The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Worst Supporting Actor

Justin Bieber/Zoolander 2
Sacha Baron Cohen/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Affion Crockett/Fifty Shades of Black
Jeff Daniels/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Peter Dinklage/The Boss
Aaron Eckhart/London Has Fallen
Jesse Eisenberg/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice*
Will Ferrell/Zoolander 2
Morgan Freeman/Ben-Hur, London Has Fallen, and Now You See Me 2
Jeff Goldblum/Independence Day: Resurgence
Tommy Lee Jones/Criminal, Jason Bourne, and Mechanic: Resurrection
Toby Kebbell/Ben-Hur and Warcraft
Jared Leto/Suicide Squad
Tyler Perry/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Bill Pullman/Independence Day: Resurgence
Daniel Radcliffe/Now You See Me 2
Geoffrey Rush/Gods of Egypt
Liev Schreiber/The 5th Wave
Christopher Walken/Nine Lives
Fred Willard/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Supporting Actress

Jessica Alba/Mechanic: Resurrection
Angela Bassett/London Has Fallen
Kristen Bell/The Boss
Emily Blunt/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Helena Bonham Carter/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Penelope Cruz/The Brothers Grimsby and Zoolander 2
Cara Delevingne/Suicide Squad*
Megan Fox/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Jennifer Garner/Mother's Day and Nine Lives
Anne Hathaway/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Julianne Hough/Dirty Grandpa
Kate Hudson/Mother's Day
Maika Monroe/The 5th Wave and Independence Day: Resurgence
Aubrey Plaza/Dirty Grandpa and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
Jane Seymour/Fifty Shades of Black
Charlize Theron/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Naomi Watts/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Kristen Wiig/Zoolander 2

Worst Screen Combo

Kevin Costner and Ryan Reynolds/Criminal
Zac Efron and either Robert De Niro/Dirty Grandpa or Adam DeVine/Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
The Entire (Mostly White) Cast of Gods of Egypt
The Entire Cast of Mother's Day
The Entire Cast of Zoolander 2
Megan Fox and Stephen Amell/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Jeff Goldblum and either Charlotte Gainsbourg or Judd Hirsch/Independence Day: Resurgence
Woody Harrelson and Woody Harrelson/Now You See Me 2
Ethan Hawke and Emma Watson/Regression
Chris Hemsworth and either Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain, or Charlize Theron/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Liam Hemsworth and either Maika Monroe or Jessie Usher/Independence Day: Resurgence
Ice Cube and either Kevin Hart or Olivia Munn/Ride Along 2
Kevin Spacey and either Jennifer Garner, Christopher Walken, or the cat he voices/Nine Lives*
Brent Spiner and John Storey/Independence Day: Resurgence
Travis Tope and Angelababy/Independence Day: Resurgence
Benjamin Walker and Teresa Palmer/The Choice
Mia Wasikowska and Johnny Depp/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Marlon Wayans and Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Shailene Woodley and Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Nicolas Wright and DeObia Oparei/Independence Day: Resurgence

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben-Hur
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Fifty Shades of Black
Ghostbusters
God's Not Dead 2
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Ice Age: Collision Course
Independence Day: Resurgence*
London Has Fallen
Mechanic: Resurrection
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Now You See Me 2
Ride Along 2
Suicide Squad
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander 2

Worst Director

Alejandro Amenabar/Regression
David Ayer/Suicide Squad
Timur Bekmambetov/Ben-Hur
James Bobin/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Roland Emmerich/Independence Day: Resurgence*
Ben Falcone/The Boss
Dave Green/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Dan Mazer/Dirty Grandpa
Babak Najafi/London Has Fallen
Alex Proyas/Gods of Egypt
Robert Schwentke/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Zack Snyder/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Barry Sonnenfeld/Nine Lives
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Michael Tiddes/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Screenplay

Alice Through the Looking Glass (Written by Linda Woolverton; Based on the characters by Lewis Carroll)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer; Based on Batman by Bob Kane and Bill Finger; Based on Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster)
Ben-Hur (Screenplay by Keith R. Clarke and John Ridley; Based on Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ by Lew Wallace)
The Boss (Written by Ben Falcone, Steve Mallory, and Melissa McCarthy)
The Choice (Screenplay by Bryan Spie; Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks)
Dirty Grandpa (Written by John M. Phillips)
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Screenplay by Stephen Chbosky, Bill Collage, Adam Cooper, and Noah Oppenheim; Based on the novel Allegiant by Veronica Roth)
Fifty Shades of Black (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
Gods of Egypt (Written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless)
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Written by Evan Spiliotopoulos and Craig Mazin; Based on the characters by Evan Daugherty; Based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen; Based on Snow White by The Brothers Grimm)
Independence Day: Resurgence (Screenplay by Roland Emmerich, Dean Devlin, Nicolas Wright, James A. Woods, and James Vanderbilt; Story by Roland Emmerich, Dean Devlin, Nicolas Wright, and James A. Woods; Based on the characters by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin)
London Has Fallen (Screenplay by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, Chad St. John, and Christian Gudegast; Story by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt; Based on the characters by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Written by Nia Vardalos)
Nine Lives (Written by Gwyn Lurie, Matt R. Allen, Caleb Wilson, Daniel Antoniazzi, and Ben Shiffrin)*
Regression (Written by Alejandro Amenabar)
Suicide Squad (Written by David Ayer; Based on the characters by DC Comics)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Written by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec; Based on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird)
Zoolander 2 (Written by John Hamburg, Ben Stiller, Nicholas Stoller, and Justin Theroux; Based on the characters by Drake Sather and Ben Stiller)

PS: I want to say something else too. I am not sure if Zoe Saldana will make the ballots for Nina, but if she does, not only would I want her to be in the top five, I would also want her to win.

Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

So if you think Zoe Saldana (Nina) should win at this point (which she really should IMHO, just like Sofia Vergara should've in the same category last year), WHY isn't she on your ballot (and WHY is Margot Robbie there instead, who isn't a Leading Actress in Suicide Squad & Tarzan anyway)? #wtf

WORST ACTOR top contenders- Adrian Brody (Manhattan Night), Gerard Butler (Gods of Egypt/London Has Fallen), Kevin Costner (Criminal), Robert DeNiro (Dirty Grandpa), Mike Epps (Meet The Blacks), Kevin Hart (Ride Along 2), Chris Hemsworth (The Huntsman: Winter's War), Liam Hemsworth (Independence Day: Resurgence), Jack Huston (Ben-Hur), Oscar Isaac (X-Men: Apocalypse), Theo James (The Divergent Series: Allegiant), Adam Sandler (The Do-Over), Kevin Spacey* (Nine Lives), Ben Stiller (Zoolander 2), Vince Vaughn (Term Life), Marlon Wayans (Fifty Shades of Black)

WORST ACTRESS  top contenders: Megan Fox (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows), Kali Hawk (Fifty Shades of Black), Melissa Joan Hart (God's Not Dead 2), Zulay Henao (Meet the Blacks), Chloe Grace Moretz (The Fifth Wave), Teresa Palmer (The Choice), Emma Roberts (Nerve), Julia Roberts (Money Monster/Mother's Day), Zoe Saldana* (Nina), Shailene Woodley (The Divergent Series: Allegiant)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               (Worst Supporting and other categories coming soon; X-Men has been added to the Worst Picture pile, deservedly so...)
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: Survey: What are your picks for Worst so far?

I'm curious about a few things...

Someone who hated X-Men: Apocalypse more than you do would think it actually deserves to beat Dirty Grandpa, Norm of the North, and Nine Lives for Worst Picture. However, measuring Apocalypse against its own release week alone, it's clear Alice Through the Looking Glass was the worst new film of the week that ended May 27. How could it beat all the other films from the rest of the year for Worst Picture?

Besides that, since your focus seems to be, moreso than anyone else of us, on the limited releases that few of us have heard of, do you have any idea how you could successfully campaign for films like Nina and The Do-Over to beat the wide releases?

To whoever recommended The Sea of Trees for the RAZZIES: It would be the other side of the coin from its wide-release counterpart from the winter, Jason Zada's The Forest. Is there any way they could both be nominated for some RAZZIES?