So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

#resistrazzmindset
This post was updated on .
This is baffling, and inexplicable, because:

1) She wasn't the worst actress in the category- that would be Kate Hudson, who was also in a far worse movie (the director dropping dead last year doesn't change that).

2) There were far worse performances that didn't even appear on Head Razzie's lame-a$$ ballot, like Cara Delevinge (Suicide Squad), Jennifer Garner (Nine Lives, but NOT Mother's Day, since she wasn't in it, contrary to what some on this board think/believe), Emily Blunt (Huntsman: The Winter's War), and esp. Jenny Zigrino from
Fifty Shades of Black (who was even worse than the nominated Jane Seymour from the same movie, yet more proof that those who vote on these things don't watch the movies in question, or even know what they're doing/thinking).

3) She's too damn talented to even be in this category (as is Aubrey Plaza), so what are you basing this on again???

4) Nicole Kidman in Lion (inexcusably Oscar-nominated for that role, which she was barely in BTW) was far worse than Ms. Wiig, as well as Plaza, Seymour, and Sela Ward (as she tends to be); prove to me that I'm wrong!

5) Ms. Wiig was also nominated for her role in Masterminds, which she was actually VERY GOOD in (as was Nicolas Cage in Snowden)- yeah, there's no ignorant biases going on there...

6) Nobody else that wasn't in BvS or that Hillary movie you're all 'outraged' over won a Razzie, except for Ms. Wiig...REALLY? WTF people???

7) In conclusion, this was the WORST Razzie choice ever made, beating out the likes of Stanley Kubrick (The Shining, 1980), Jim Carrey (Worst New Star, 1994), Leo DiCaprio (The Beach, 2000- instead of Freddie Prinze, Jr.!), since they were merely nominated...so whoever decided that Kristen Wiig was 2016's Worst Supporting Actress (instead of a tie between the always-lame Kate Hudson and the beyond-atrocious Jenny Zigrino)  deserves to have their health insurance taken away, since they don't mind pi$$ing away $40 every year!

Re: So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

First of all, that is a better username there. Good job.

Now believe me, I wasn't exactly happy about Wiig winning either. She wasn't good, to me at least, but even I didn't nominate her. I definitely chose Kate Hudson to win, and the fact she didn't shocked me.

I may have two guesses as to why this happened, though:

1: Zoolander 2 got a ton of noms. Maybe the voters really wanted the movie to win something, and Wiig was the only one that didn't conflict with anything else.
2: Out of all of the actresses, Wiig had the most visually unappealing look, due to the make-up and wardrobe, which may lead those who haven't seen the movie to believe that she was the worst, even when she really wasn't that terrible, acting-wise.

Again, I do think that the Razzies can do better, which is why I want to start a poll after The House comes out. I want the Razzie higher ups to realize that there are better choices to pick, and people like you can help me. I know you think my list has problems too, but did I not have Emily Blunt, Jennifer Garner, and Cara Delevinge? We may not see eye-to-eye on all choices, but we do agree that the Razzies have a problem, and it can be fixed.

PS: If Garner really wasn't in Mother's Day, how do you explain these articles that mention her name?: LINK 1, LINK 2, LINK 3, and LINK 4
Worst Actor - Tom Cruise (nom) (Winner of the Razzie for Worst Screen Couple and the Razzie for Most Tiresome Tabloid Target (which really didn't have anything to do with movies, but whatever), but he never won Worst Actor, where he was nominated twice. Will third time be the charm?), Matt Damon (nom) (Been called uninteresting and is also accused of promoting a white savior movie. Also since his buddy Ben Affleck has been nominated multiple times, why not him?), Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.), Jamie Dornan (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (nom) (Not only did his movie pretty much flop, but he ends up complaining about the criticism on Twitter! Plus, he's been nominated before and Jumanji doesn't look so hot either.), and Mark Wahlberg (nom) (If this is his last "hurrah" in the Transformers movies, maybe he should get a nom as extra motivation to stay away. Marky Mark doesn't want to become a repeat offender, does he?)

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom) (The series that gave her something resembling a career has hit a new low. Will it final get her a Worst Actress award?), Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!), Scarlett Johansson (nom) (Starred in two box-office bombs, one of them with the stigma of whitewashing. Plus it'd be interesting to have her.), Dakota Johnson (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Milla Jovovich (nom) (Considering that the last outing got her a nom, maybe she'll receive another one.), and Amy Schumer (nom) (Not only has her humor been described as getting stale and one-note, but she's been labeling any criticisms of that as "evil conservatives" to try and dismiss them, and now this led up a movie that is not so well received for many reasons, not the least of which being that she did not bring the funny, and did pretty poorly at the box-office.)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom) (He does not lend much to the movie he stars in, and the special effects on him make his performance look worse!), Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!), Eric Johnson (nom) (Basically used to make Christian Grey look less bad by comparison!), Ben Kingsley (nom) (Not only a Razzie repeat offender, but his character in Collide keeps watching the Razzie nominated movie Perfect and keeps talking almost creepily about Razzie perennial Burt Reynolds!), Rob Lowe (nom) (Previously won a Razzie in this category, why not nominate him again if he's going to appear in films like Monster Trucks?), and John Turturro (nom) (He has made the ballots for the Transformers movies before, but always gets shut out. Maybe this will be his chance at a nom.)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.), Faye Dunaway (nom) (Razzie perennial Dunaway is attempting to make a big comeback, but starting off with The Bye Bye Man, not to mention being a part of the Best Picture flub at the Oscars, things do not look good for her.), Laura Haddock (nom) (She seems to be a good actress, but when put into a Bay movie where she has to look pretty while being a scientist, Star-Lord's mom cannot pull it off.), Marcia Gay Harden (nom) (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?), Goldie Hawn (nom) (Making her big-screen comeback in Snatched... a movie which stunk and she stunk in it, a surefire way to receive a second nom in this category.), and Isabela Moner (nom) (Comes off as a preachy character, more than likely going to annoy some.)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom) (Going to go down in history as the most Razzie nominated director thanks to these Transformers movies. I would not be surprised if he wins.), James Foley (Previous Razzie nominee has returned after about three decades to direct the sequel to the Razzie winning Fifty Shades of Grey. I'd say he has this in the bag.), Alex Kurtzman (nom) (Speaking of Transformers, one of the Razzie winning writers of the first and second one tried to start a cinematic universe, and boy howdy, did it get off to a rocky start!), Guy Ritchie (nom) (Speaking of cinematic universes, previous Razzie winner and husband of Madonna tried to start one too, and man did it turn out messy!), Chris Wedge (nom) (Going from animation to live-action and came out with a write-off... yeah...), and Zhang Yimou (nom) (Even with his stylized directing, he could not make the characters interesting, or those lizard creatures look convincing.)

Re: So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

I wasn't very happy with a lot of the nominations and wins, and I thought this category was very weak. That being said, because of the mannerism and especially the voice, I can understand why people would hate Kristen's performance. If you disagree, it's fine, but there's no need for you to insult nor act like you're right while everyone else is wrong.
#resistrazzmindset wrote
She's too damn talented to even be in this category (as is Aubrey Plaza), so what are you basing this on again???

Nicole Kidman in Lion (inexcusably Oscar-nominated for that role, which she was barely in BTW) was far worse than Ms. Wiig, as well as Plaza, Seymour, and Sela Ward (as she tends to be); prove to me that I'm wrong!

Ms. Wiig was also nominated for her role in Masterminds
1) That's exactly why was in the category: She can do better. Even the "ceremony" video mentioned that. Didn't you watch it?
2) I don't have to prove that you're wrong since you already did. You disliked an Oscar-nominated performance and now you're complaining because you liked a Razzie-winning performance.
3) Individual opinions don't matter more than majorities' opinions. Especially when the individual can't even check the facts.