So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

#timesup4razztardjbw
This post was updated on .
This is baffling, and inexplicable, because:

1) She wasn't the worst actress in the category- that would be Kate Hudson, who was also in a far worse movie (the director dropping dead last year doesn't change that).

2) There were far worse performances that didn't even appear on Head Razzie's lame-a$$ ballot, like Cara Delevinge (Suicide Squad), Jennifer Garner (Nine Lives, but NOT Mother's Day, since she wasn't in it, contrary to what some on this board think/believe), Emily Blunt (Huntsman: The Winter's War), and esp. Jenny Zigrino from
Fifty Shades of Black (who was even worse than the nominated Jane Seymour from the same movie, yet more proof that those who vote on these things don't watch the movies in question, or even know what they're doing/thinking).

3) She's too damn talented to even be in this category (as is Aubrey Plaza), so what are you basing this on again???

4) Nicole Kidman in Lion (inexcusably Oscar-nominated for that role, which she was barely in BTW) was far worse than Ms. Wiig, as well as Plaza, Seymour, and Sela Ward (as she tends to be); prove to me that I'm wrong!

5) Ms. Wiig was also nominated for her role in Masterminds, which she was actually VERY GOOD in (as was Nicolas Cage in Snowden)- yeah, there's no ignorant biases going on there...

6) Nobody else that wasn't in BvS or that Hillary movie you're all 'outraged' over won a Razzie, except for Ms. Wiig...REALLY? WTF people???

7) In conclusion, this was the WORST Razzie choice ever made, beating out the likes of Stanley Kubrick (The Shining, 1980), Jim Carrey (Worst New Star, 1994), Leo DiCaprio (The Beach, 2000- instead of Freddie Prinze, Jr.!), since they were merely nominated...so whoever decided that Kristen Wiig was 2016's Worst Supporting Actress (instead of a tie between the always-lame Kate Hudson and the beyond-atrocious Jenny Zigrino)  deserves to have their health insurance taken away, since they don't mind pi$$ing away $40 every year!
Jennifer Lawrence & Michelle Pfeiffer are way better at acting than HeadRazztard is at doing ANYTHING!

Re: So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

First of all, that is a better username there. Good job.

Now believe me, I wasn't exactly happy about Wiig winning either. She wasn't good, to me at least, but even I didn't nominate her. I definitely chose Kate Hudson to win, and the fact she didn't shocked me.

I may have two guesses as to why this happened, though:

1: Zoolander 2 got a ton of noms. Maybe the voters really wanted the movie to win something, and Wiig was the only one that didn't conflict with anything else.
2: Out of all of the actresses, Wiig had the most visually unappealing look, due to the make-up and wardrobe, which may lead those who haven't seen the movie to believe that she was the worst, even when she really wasn't that terrible, acting-wise.

Again, I do think that the Razzies can do better, which is why I want to start a poll after The House comes out. I want the Razzie higher ups to realize that there are better choices to pick, and people like you can help me. I know you think my list has problems too, but did I not have Emily Blunt, Jennifer Garner, and Cara Delevinge? We may not see eye-to-eye on all choices, but we do agree that the Razzies have a problem, and it can be fixed.

PS: If Garner really wasn't in Mother's Day, how do you explain these articles that mention her name?: LINK 1, LINK 2, LINK 3, and LINK 4
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: So HOW & WHY did Kristen Wiig win Worst Supporting Actress?

I wasn't very happy with a lot of the nominations and wins, and I thought this category was very weak. That being said, because of the mannerism and especially the voice, I can understand why people would hate Kristen's performance. If you disagree, it's fine, but there's no need for you to insult nor act like you're right while everyone else is wrong.
#resistrazzmindset wrote
She's too damn talented to even be in this category (as is Aubrey Plaza), so what are you basing this on again???

Nicole Kidman in Lion (inexcusably Oscar-nominated for that role, which she was barely in BTW) was far worse than Ms. Wiig, as well as Plaza, Seymour, and Sela Ward (as she tends to be); prove to me that I'm wrong!

Ms. Wiig was also nominated for her role in Masterminds
1) That's exactly why was in the category: She can do better. Even the "ceremony" video mentioned that. Didn't you watch it?
2) I don't have to prove that you're wrong since you already did. You disliked an Oscar-nominated performance and now you're complaining because you liked a Razzie-winning performance.
3) Individual opinions don't matter more than majorities' opinions. Especially when the individual can't even check the facts.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile