Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
The last year you guys made the mistake of not acknowledging Paul Verhoeven's improvement from Showgirls to last year's Elle.

Is Salma Hayek is a good option this year? She has received a lot of Oscar buzz for her performance in Beatriz at Dinner. Critics have called it her best performance since Frida, which earned her an Oscar nomination in 2002.

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

oiram
I'd say... sure, she has a shot.

Yeah, I was as surprised as you are about the fact that Paul Verhoeven did not win. I guess it was because Mel Gibson got more recognition. *shrugs*

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
They could still nominate Paul, I don't know why they only chose a winner instead of the usual 5 nominees. I think that category will disapear as well.

Anyways, I hope they still acknowledge Salma Hayek for her tremendous improvement after a string of bad "comedies" for the last decade. The film is openly anti-Trump and left winged, so there shouldn't be any excuses this time.