Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
The last year you guys made the mistake of not acknowledging Paul Verhoeven's improvement from Showgirls to last year's Elle.

Is Salma Hayek is a good option this year? She has received a lot of Oscar buzz for her performance in Beatriz at Dinner. Critics have called it her best performance since Frida, which earned her an Oscar nomination in 2002.

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

oiram
I'd say... sure, she has a shot.

Yeah, I was as surprised as you are about the fact that Paul Verhoeven did not win. I guess it was because Mel Gibson got more recognition. *shrugs*
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Izïa Higelin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
They could still nominate Paul, I don't know why they only chose a winner instead of the usual 5 nominees. I think that category will disapear as well.

Anyways, I hope they still acknowledge Salma Hayek for her tremendous improvement after a string of bad "comedies" for the last decade. The film is openly anti-Trump and left winged, so there shouldn't be any excuses this time.