Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
The last year you guys made the mistake of not acknowledging Paul Verhoeven's improvement from Showgirls to last year's Elle.

Is Salma Hayek is a good option this year? She has received a lot of Oscar buzz for her performance in Beatriz at Dinner. Critics have called it her best performance since Frida, which earned her an Oscar nomination in 2002.

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

oiram
I'd say... sure, she has a shot.

Yeah, I was as surprised as you are about the fact that Paul Verhoeven did not win. I guess it was because Mel Gibson got more recognition. *shrugs*

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Jon Bass (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
They could still nominate Paul, I don't know why they only chose a winner instead of the usual 5 nominees. I think that category will disapear as well.

Anyways, I hope they still acknowledge Salma Hayek for her tremendous improvement after a string of bad "comedies" for the last decade. The film is openly anti-Trump and left winged, so there shouldn't be any excuses this time.