Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
The last year you guys made the mistake of not acknowledging Paul Verhoeven's improvement from Showgirls to last year's Elle.

Is Salma Hayek is a good option this year? She has received a lot of Oscar buzz for her performance in Beatriz at Dinner. Critics have called it her best performance since Frida, which earned her an Oscar nomination in 2002.

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

oiram
I'd say... sure, she has a shot.

Yeah, I was as surprised as you are about the fact that Paul Verhoeven did not win. I guess it was because Mel Gibson got more recognition. *shrugs*
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: Salma Hayek for Razzie Redeemers Award... yay or nay?

babyshowers
They could still nominate Paul, I don't know why they only chose a winner instead of the usual 5 nominees. I think that category will disapear as well.

Anyways, I hope they still acknowledge Salma Hayek for her tremendous improvement after a string of bad "comedies" for the last decade. The film is openly anti-Trump and left winged, so there shouldn't be any excuses this time.