STRATTON

oiram
Got released in the USA a few days ago, and it STILL has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.

We cannot ignore this.
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Izïa Higelin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: STRATTON

MiguelAntilsu
Rotten Tomatoes Critics Consensus: Stratton's action-thriller ambitions are roundly thwarted by a derivative story, misguided casting, and a low-budget feel underscored by unimpressive set pieces.

Re: STRATTON

Chris Bumbray's review.
oiram wrote
a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes.
And the average rating is 3/10.

Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: STRATTON

Vheid
oiram wrote
Dang... I just checked this link, and it turns out that Stratton had a Digital HD and VOD release at the same time as its theatrical release. That unfortunately means that it doesn't count.
I was wondering.

If we are reconsidering the rules because of Netflix (because the Academy Awards did that also), Should we then also reconsider if this film is eligable or not. I mean it did get a limited release in the U.S.
For links to every discussion thread started on this forum so far, see the list of every 2018 release so far

Re: STRATTON

oiram
Vheid wrote
oiram wrote
Dang... I just checked this link, and it turns out that Stratton had a Digital HD and VOD release at the same time as its theatrical release. That unfortunately means that it doesn't count.
I was wondering.

If we are reconsidering the rules because of Netflix (because the Academy Awards did that also), Should we then also reconsider if this film is eligable or not. I mean it did get a limited release in the U.S.
I think that can only go so far. Netflix is becoming more and more prominent in the movie market, so being more eligible, especially now, is certainly not out of the question. However, that does not mean every available online movie is eligible. It's not like that Stratton was released on Netflix. Not even on Amazon or Hulu, just a vague "VOD release." Of course it's sad to leave some movies out like this, but if we start accepting every movie, it gets harder to narrow things down.
Worst Screenplay

Sorry, I did not know it was released only on VOD. I thought it was release in U.S. cinema's at the same time. If that's the case then you are right.
[...]

Actually, it was released in theaters the same time, but the vague "VOD release" thing puts its eligibility into question. We don't know where it was released simultaneous with its theatrical release. It might be on something so obscure that it would not count anyways, because it is no where near the level of Netflix.