SNATCHED

Here are my suggestions:

Worst Picture

Worst Actress
Amy Schumer. Her onscreen presence is not funny. Sometimes Schumer is boring and sometimes she is irritating.

Worst Supporting Actress
Wanda Sykes. Her performance is annoying and unfunny.

Worst Director
Jonathan Levine. He did not do much in terms of direction. Levine just turned up to the film set and barely went through the motions.

Worst Screenplay
Katie Dippold. Most of her screenplay is bereft of humor. There a few times that are worthy of a weak smile/chuckle. However most of the time the screenplay is humorless.

Dishonorable mention. Worst Supporting Actor. Tom Bateman.

Re: SNATCHED

R.T. (35-40%): "It has a pair of terrifically talented stars, but their presence isn't enough to compensate for this rote comedy's threadbare plot and scattershot laughs."

Chris Bumbray's review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

Re: SNATCHED

Re: SNATCHED

GTAHater would probably point out that the Metacritic rating is at 46, therefore, not bad enough for the Razzies.

Admittedly, it would have been funny to see Amy Schumer Razzie nominated, as well as Goldie Hawn receive another Razzie nom.

On the other hand, going by GTAHater's thinking, it does narrow the fields down and give some other potential nominees a chance, so I am not too sad about it.
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!)

Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.)

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: SNATCHED

Vits
William Bibbiani's review.

Re: SNATCHED

My argument was more than just a 46% Metascore. Not only do the D Plus (35% to 39%) on Rotten Tomatoes and the 46% (C Neutral) Metascore not stand it out enough to compete with much worse films, but it has more B's than D's on Metacritic, Plusses and Minuses notwithstanding. Remember, that implies that besides the critics who didn't mind Snatched, most of them actually liked it, and hardly any disliked it.

Honestly, I think Dun-Ida's just picking on the most average films every month because his or her outlook on terrible vs forgivable films conveniently happens to be inverted from the consensus. All I've gotten from his or her post is he or she just saying the performance or the script or whatever element sucked with nothing more than rudimentary regard for why they were inferior.

Re: SNATCHED

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: SNATCHED

Dun-Ida
Star Wars: Episode II- Attack of the Clones has a 54% rating on metacritic and it earned seven Razzie nominations.

oiram wrote
Snatched is now at a 45% on Metacritic, maybe making it barely eligible.

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: SNATCHED

To oiram: Snatched has slumped once again in approval ratings with pro critics and absolutely plunged with common audiences, so I'm considering it as a middle runner for the RAZZIES and my annual worst films list.

To Dun-Ida: The only reasons Attack of the Clones swept the RAZZIE semifinals in '002 when so few other films with neutral reviews could manage that since then were because of the botched romance between Anakin and Padme which apparently didn't bother critics that badly, and for being in the shadow of The Empire Strikes Back.

Re: SNATCHED

Re: SNATCHED

Vits
Mitch Hansch's review.