Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

Tom

Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

Tom
Last year it went 100% political and everyone tuned out to that. It's now a shell of it's formal self. Make this about movies and not the politics of the Razzie founder. This site's and the awards are not fun anymore.

Re: Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

babyshowers
I think the people who run the awards are getting way too old. Still targeting their 80s favorites, still targeting remakes of forgotten 60s shows, still shoving their left wing politics down everybody's throat like they always have.

Re: Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

#resistrazzmindset
Amen to both posts! Plus, John B. Wilson* should step down already, and hand over the reins to someone who might actually know what they're doing (or failing that, just end it already). JBW came off as totally full of crap in his recent Ringer interview (insisting there was great demand to Razz Hillary's America on this very forum when there really WASN'T!), proof negative that he's just in it for the (stealing of) money...

*Someone tell this old coot that nominating men (like Tyler Perry) for Worst Actress (because they dress up as a woman! So cutting edge of him) seemingly every year stopped being funny for those of us who graduated from the third grade. Also, how about ya shave that fugly beard, too!

Re: Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

I could go and talk about why nominating this documentary seemed wrong, but the thing that got to me the most was that, in order to get this film i's nominations, they had to sacrifice Nine Lives. Seriously, it would be one thing if that Kevin Spacey cat film was on the ballots and the voters didn't vote for it, but the fact that Nine Lives was no where on the ballots just felt absolutely mind-boggling!

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

babyshowers
I don't get it! if razzie voters are required to pay for them to have the right to vote in first place, I don't get how only a handful of people get to decide what is on the ballots or not

Nine Lives is a very good example of this, but what about Baby Geniuses 1, Dragons and Dungeons or Norm of the north

Re: Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

babyshowers
#resistrazzmindset wrote
and if Razzie founders are so left winged, why are they still using transphobia in 2017?

Re: Razzie should get it's own Razzie.

#resistrazzmindset
babyshowers wrote
#resistrazzmindset wrote
*Someone tell this old coot that nominating men (like Tyler Perry) for Worst Actress (because they dress up as a woman! So cutting edge of him) seemingly every year stopped being funny for those of us who graduated from the third grade. Also, how about ya shave that fugly beard, too!
and if Razzie founders are so left winged, why are they still using transphobia in 2017?
My guess- hypocrisy (as usual)...