RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

moviecritic1994

Rotten Tomatoes

Fifty Shades Darker Website

WOW! Talk about a serious down grade! Granted, the first Fifty Shades was no real winner (except at last Year's Razzie Awards) but the critics are even meaner this time giving Fifty Shades Darker a staggering 8% on Rotten Tomatoes. Here are some of my favorite critic's quotes about the film:

"Pull down all Fifty Shades. This movie made me sleepy".- Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times

"The only thing Fifty Shades Darker succeeds at is making Fifty Shades of Grey look like a better movie".-Joshua Starnes, comingsoon.net

"Fifty Shades Dumber is more like it. The only conviction Johnson and Dornan bring to their roles comes in their mutual awkwardness. This soft core swill is hardcore awful". Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

Soon, I'll be adding my own 10 cents into Fifty Shades Darker. Who knows? This could be the Razzie equivalent of The Godfather movies. Fifty Shades 1 won Worst Picture, maybe this sequel will win the "grand prize" next year. Leave your favorite reviews, your own reviews and any other thoughts down below!

Box Office for Fifty Shades

You can see reviews of older films under Tommy Bay at hubpages.com

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

GTAHater
Only two franchises are left that could potentially mark themselves the first to win Worst Picture twice within the decade, they are the Fifty Shades trilogy and Bayformers whether under or post- Michael Bay. In this case, I don't think I could make a less stimulating scene than the Fifty Shades films if I drew fifty shades down over the windows and lights (That would be a lot of fabric!). I hope this won't pave the way to saturating the Worst Picture trophy collection with very few franchises, but in winning Worst Picture twice, I have to admit Fifty Shades would be a good start.

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

Gabriel Bahamondes (1/6): "It tries to be bold, controversial and kinky, but it's nothing more than another romantic story that's badly-told, with many loose ends and an endless cheesyness."

Magdalena Andrade (2/5): "The story moves forward through dramatic twists and secondary characters that are as inconsequential as they are boring. For example, Kim Basinger herself, who seems to be there only to remind us of her past glory in 9 1/2 WEEKS."

Peter Travers' review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

Oh, let us not forget that the new director here has been Razzie nominated before, all the way back in the 80s. He was nominated Worst Director for the Madonna film Who's That Girl.

And Kim Basinger, Razzie perennial, is in this. Maybe she'll finally win one.
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!)

Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.)

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

JimmyO's review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

Come to think of it, if The Last Knight turns out this badly, perhaps Bayformers and Fifty Shades can <jointly> be the first franchises to win Worst Picture twice.

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

oiram
GTAHater wrote
Come to think of it, if The Last Knight turns out this badly, perhaps Bayformers and Fifty Shades can <jointly> be the first franchises to win Worst Picture twice.
However, they may have competition depending on how Justice League does.

Schmoes review
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!)

Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.)

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

Dun-Ida
Suggestions for nominations:

Worst Picture

Worst Actress
Dakota Johnson. Her acting is quite bland in this movie. She barely displays any emotions in most of her scenes.

Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson. His boring presence can put someone to sleep.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel

Worst Director
James Foley. His direction is quite lazy. It is obvious he just turned up to the movie set and barely took charge.

Dishonorable mentions: Jamie Dornan for Worst Actor. Kim Basinger for Worst Supporting Actress. Niall Leonard for Worst Screenplay.

Re: RAZZIE SPOTLIGHT: Fifty Shades Darker

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Jamie Dornan.
-Worst Actress for Dakota Johnson.
-Worst Supporting Actress for Kim Basinger.
-Worst Screen Couple for Johnson and Dornan.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.
Oh, and maybe Worst Screenplay. But not:
-Worst Supporting Actress for Marcia Gay Harden.
-Worst Original Song for I DON'T WANNA LIVE FOREVER by Zayn and Taylor Swift.