RATCHET & CLANK

The film adaptation of the Ratchet & Clank series was the 2nd worst new film of the week on April 29. Here's what I recall:

*It featured some of the same voice actors as some of the Ratchet & Clank games, as well as some big cinematic names, including Rosario Dawson, John Goodman, Paul Giamatti, and the RAZZIES' most frequent Winner before the New Millennium, Sylvester Stallone.

*On a budget of roughly 20 Megadollars, it grossed only 12 Megadollars, indicating a net loss of 8 Mega.

*Director Kevin Munroe had previously directed TMNT, which I named to my Bottom 40 Films of '007. He's also directing a film adaptation of a 2002 Sly Cooper game, which may or may not see a theatrical release in a year and a half.

*It was criticized by fans of the source material for the PlayStation console series because the action and gadgetry felt watered-down compared to the games.

*It was panned by critics, with a 16% Tomatometer approval rating and 29% Metascore review average, as well as a "T-Minus one day" (moderately negative) score from famous YouTube film critic Jeremy Jahns.

*Critics say it offers too little, too late, both as a film marketed to children, and as a 3D animated work.

Discuss below!

Re: RATCHET & CLANK

Vits
R.T. (15-20%): "It may satisfy very young viewers, but compared to the many superior options available to families and animation enthusiasts, it offers little to truly recommend."

Jeremy Jahns' review.

WHAT THE FLICK's review.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile