POLL: YOUR ACTING PICKS

I was thinking, since there appears to be no new worse of the week, why don't we have a poll?

I know many here are in agreement that the list of actor choices last year were shockingly lacking for the Razzies, so why don't we try to have polls every two months to show what we the people are really thinking in terms of actors and actresses?

The way this works is that each of you put down a list of who you think deserves to be strongly considered for the ballots: Worst Actor, Worst Actress, Worst Supporting Actor, and Worst Supporting Actress. Then based on those results, I will make a poll on Misterpoll, and then what we can have votes which show off we really want.

Just to give an example:

Worst Actor
Asa Butterfield/The Space Between Us
Matt Damon/The Great Wall
Charlie Day/Fist Fight
Vin Diesel/XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Jamie Dornan/Fifty Shades Darker
Jamie Foxx/Sleepless
Josh Gad/A Dog’s Purpose
Nicholas Hoult/Collide
Ice Cube/Fist Fight
Lucien Laviscount/The Bye Bye Man
Alex Roe/Rings
Douglas Smith/The Bye Bye Man
Lucas Till/Monster Trucks
Sam Worthington/The Shack

Worst Actress
Kate Beckinsale/Underworld: Blood Wars
Cressida Bonas/The Bye Bye Man
Dakota Johnson/Fifty Shades Darker
Felicity Jones/Collide
Milla Jovovich/Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Anna Kendrick/Table 19
Jane Levy/Monster Trucks
Matilda Lutz/Rings
Octavia Spencer/The Shack

Worst Supporting Actor
Willem Dafoe/The Great Wall
Vincent D’Onofrio/Rings
Johnny Galecki/Rings
Danny Glover/Monster Trucks
Luke Grimes/Fifty Shades Darker
Dennis Haysbert/Fist Fight
Anthony Hopkins/Collide
Ice Cube/XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Theo James/Underworld: Blood Wars
Eric Johnson/Fifty Shades Darker
Ben Kingsley/Collide
Andy Lau/The Great Wall
Rob Lowe/Monster Trucks
Tim McGraw/The Shack
Scoot McNairy/Sleepless
Stephen Merchant/Table 19
Tracy Morgan/Fist Fight
Dermot Mulroney/Sleepless
Dean Norris/Fist Fight
Gary Oldman/The Space Between Us
Victor Rasuk/Fifty Shades Darker
Tony Revolori/Table 19
Shawn Roberts/Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Craig Robinson/Table 19
Wyatt Russell/Table 19

Worst Supporting Actress
Kim Basinger/Fifty Shades Darker
Jillian Bell/Fist Fight
Amanda Crew/Table 19
Nina Dobrev/XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Faye Dunaway/The Bye Bye Man
JoAnna Garcia/Fist Fight
Carla Gugino/The Space Between Us
Marcia Gay Harden/Fifty Shades Darker
Bella Heathcote/Fifty Shades Darker
Christina Hendricks/Fist Fight
Lisa Kudrow/Table 19
Ali Larter/Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Radha Mitchell/The Shack
Michelle Monaghan/Sleepless
Bonnie Morgan/Rings
Eloise Mumford/Fifty Shades Darker
Rita Ora/Fifty Shades Darker
Britt Robertson/A Dog’s Purpose and The Space Between Us
Amy Ryan/Monster Trucks
June Squibb/Table 19
Aimee Teegarden/Rings
Jing Tian/The Great Wall
Gabrielle Union/Sleepless
Worst Actor - Tom Cruise (nom) (Winner of the Razzie for Worst Screen Couple and the Razzie for Most Tiresome Tabloid Target (which really didn't have anything to do with movies, but whatever), but he never won Worst Actor, where he was nominated twice. Will third time be the charm?), Matt Damon (nom) (Been called uninteresting and is also accused of promoting a white savior movie. Also since his buddy Ben Affleck has been nominated multiple times, why not him?), Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.), Jamie Dornan (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (nom) (Not only did his movie pretty much flop, but he ends up complaining about the criticism on Twitter! Plus, he's been nominated before and Jumanji doesn't look so hot either.), and Mark Wahlberg (nom) (If this is his last "hurrah" in the Transformers movies, maybe he should get a nom as extra motivation to stay away. Marky Mark doesn't want to become a repeat offender, does he?)

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom) (The series that gave her something resembling a career has hit a new low. Will it final get her a Worst Actress award?), Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!), Scarlett Johansson (nom) (Starred in two box-office bombs, one of them with the stigma of whitewashing. Plus it'd be interesting to have her.), Dakota Johnson (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Milla Jovovich (nom) (Considering that the last outing got her a nom, maybe she'll receive another one.), and Amy Schumer (nom) (Not only has her humor been described as getting stale and one-note, but she's been labeling any criticisms of that as "evil conservatives" to try and dismiss them, and now this led up a movie that is not so well received for many reasons, not the least of which being that she did not bring the funny, and did pretty poorly at the box-office.)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom) (He does not lend much to the movie he stars in, and the special effects on him make his performance look worse!), Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!), Eric Johnson (nom) (Basically used to make Christian Grey look less bad by comparison!), Ben Kingsley (nom) (Not only a Razzie repeat offender, but his character in Collide keeps watching the Razzie nominated movie Perfect and keeps talking almost creepily about Razzie perennial Burt Reynolds!), Rob Lowe (nom) (Previously won a Razzie in this category, why not nominate him again if he's going to appear in films like Monster Trucks?), and John Turturro (nom) (He has made the ballots for the Transformers movies before, but always gets shut out. Maybe this will be his chance at a nom.)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.), Faye Dunaway (nom) (Razzie perennial Dunaway is attempting to make a big comeback, but starting off with The Bye Bye Man, not to mention being a part of the Best Picture flub at the Oscars, things do not look good for her.), Laura Haddock (nom) (She seems to be a good actress, but when put into a Bay movie where she has to look pretty while being a scientist, Star-Lord's mom cannot pull it off.), Marcia Gay Harden (nom) (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?), Goldie Hawn (nom) (Making her big-screen comeback in Snatched... a movie which stunk and she stunk in it, a surefire way to receive a second nom in this category.), and Isabela Moner (nom) (Comes off as a preachy character, more than likely going to annoy some.)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom) (Going to go down in history as the most Razzie nominated director thanks to these Transformers movies. I would not be surprised if he wins.), James Foley (Previous Razzie nominee has returned after about three decades to direct the sequel to the Razzie winning Fifty Shades of Grey. I'd say he has this in the bag.), Alex Kurtzman (nom) (Speaking of Transformers, one of the Razzie winning writers of the first and second one tried to start a cinematic universe, and boy howdy, did it get off to a rocky start!), Guy Ritchie (nom) (Speaking of cinematic universes, previous Razzie winner and husband of Madonna tried to start one too, and man did it turn out messy!), Chris Wedge (nom) (Going from animation to live-action and came out with a write-off... yeah...), and Zhang Yimou (nom) (Even with his stylized directing, he could not make the characters interesting, or those lizard creatures look convincing.)

Re: POLL: YOUR ACTING PICKS

Vheid
I feel for me it's a bit too early for that...

[...]

Vheid
I understand but i haven't seen any of them yet... Because i never see them in cinemas and always wait for them to come out on DVD or VOD (just to spend the least amount of money on bad movies)

Re: POLL: YOUR ACTING PICKS

Vits
I also haven't seen any movies I would recommend yet. I do like the idea of making polls more often, but the ballots don't really reflect what the forums say. Every year there are a couple of names and titles that were literally not mentioned in any forum.

Oh, definitely. Otherwise, why have a forum at all?

[...]

Worst Actor:
-Matt Damon for THE GREAT WALL (maybe).
-Dane DeHaan for A CURE FOR WELLNESS (maybe).
-Jamie Dornan for 50 SHADES DARKER.

Worst Actress:
-Dakota Johnson for 50 SHADES DARKER.
-Milla Jovovich for RESIDENT EVIL PART 6 (maybe).

Worst Supporting Actor:
-Iain Glen for RESIDENT EVIL PART 6 (maybe).

Worst Supporting Actress:
-Ever Anderson for RESIDENT EVIL PART 6.
-Kim Basinger for 50 SHADES DARKER.
-Ruby Rose for JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2, RESIDENT EVIL PART 6 and XXX PART 3.
-Jessica Sula for SPLIT.

Re: POLL: YOUR ACTING PICKS

#resistrazzmindset
This post was updated on .
(Going with 6 in each category, ala last year; those capitalized are virtual locks in a just Bad Movie Ballot world)

WORST ACTOR
Tom Cruise- The Mummy
Charlie Day- Fist Fight
JOHNNY DEPP- Pirates #5
Vin Diesel- XXX: Return of Xander Cage
JAMIE DORNAN- Fifty Shades Darker
DAX SHEPARD-BELL- CHIPs

WORST ACTRESS
Kate Beckinsale- Underworld: Blood Bores
KATHERINE HEIGL- Unforgettable
Dakota Johnson- Fifty Shades Darker (Deserving for now *unlike last time*, but not yet a lock; we'll see what the second half of the year brings)
Milla Jovovich- Resident Evil: Whatever # They're At Now
Nicole Kidman- Queen of the Desert
Naomi Watts- The Book of Henry (only)

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
JON BASS- Baywatch
Josh Gad- Beauty and the Beast (His usual overbearing self, RT scores be damned!)
Theo James- Underworld: Blood Bores
Jake Johnson- The Mummy (Also stunk out loud in 2014's Let's Be Cops)
JASON MANTZOUKAS- The House (Was also the worst thing in last year's Dirty Grandpa, but inexplicably NOT nominated for the Worst Supporting Actor award he so 'richly' deserved)
Tracy Morgan- Fist Fight

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
None really stand out yet to go after, unlike last year at this time, when Jenny Zigrino stunk up theatre screens in Fifty Shades of Black...
GP

Re: POLL: YOUR ACTING PICKS

GP
Definitely one of the memorable (as bad as Chris Klein's "Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li" performance) I've seen this year was Jack Guzman's in the Scott Eastwood rom-com-looking-but-actually-drama vehicle "Walk of Fame."

He played two characters as "Rubisio" and "Officer W.G.A.S." and film tried so hard to make his catch-phrase "Uccellini!" a thing!

It had a limited theatrical release in March (so hey the film is eligible!) but most people will probably think it went straight-to-Redbox. Also on Netflix now as well, so check it out & let's get him nominated!

FYC: Worst Supporting Actor - Jack Guzman in "Walk of Fame"
1. Performance.
2. Playing two characters.
3. Trying to make a catchphrase happen ("Uccelini!").

(also: "Walk of Fame" for Worst Picture, Scott Eastwood for Worst Actor, and Jamie Kennedy/Chris Kattan/Malcolm McDowell for additional Worst Supporting Actor)