MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2

GTAHater
This sequel to the 2002 nuptial comedy hit was the first of two worst new films of the week on March 25. Here are the relevant facts that enable it to compete for the Worst of 2016 RAZZIES:

*Writer and leading lady Nia Vardalos reprises her roles, but now has some scant history with us as a semifinalist for Worst Actress of 2009 for My Life In Ruins and I Hate Valentine's Day.

*Director Kirk Jones last directed What To Expect When You're Expecting back in 2012, which became a finalist for different categories.

*Though seldom criticized as mean-spirited or patently offensive, audiences today had different sensibilities 14 years after the original, and were no longer open to the caricatures of Greek culture.

*It was dismissed as a bad sitcom piece, hardly better than the 7 episodes of a TV adaptation made in 2003.

*It scored generally negative reviews from critics, with a 29% Tomatometer approval rating and 37% Metascore curved review average.

*Similar to Zoolander 2, this might have an edge in the Worst Prequel, Sequel, Crossover, or Spin-Off category if making the sequel after more than a decade means anything.

*Depending on how the leading couple acted when their characters were written to have their marriage on the rocks, it would have slight odds for Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley (since merged with Worst Ensemble to make Worst Screen Combo)

Discuss below!

Re: MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2

Vits
Richard Roeper's review.

Peter Travers' review.

Christy Lemire's review.
GTAHater wrote
It scored generally negative reviews from critics, with a 29% Tomatometer approval rating
And the consensus reads "It's as sweet and harmless as the original, but its collection of sitcom gags and stereotypes never coalesces into anything resembling a story with a purpose."

Re: MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2

Vits
I just saw it. I don't think it should be nominated for anything.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile