MOTHER!

Dun-Ida
My suggestions for nominations:

Worst Director
Darren Aronofsky. The movie is all over the place. It is poorly structured.

Worst Screenplay
Darren Aronofsky. The screenplay is full of pretentiousness. It is supposed to be an allegory of [spoiler alert] certain spiritual/religious texts. However the allegories do not work because the script is underdeveloped. This makes the "finished" movie disjointed for most of its run.

The only good thing about this movie is the performances, especially from Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Re: MOTHER!

oiram
I don't mind this as much, though it's mostly unnecessary. Just be careful, you may invoke GTAHater's wrath.
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Izïa Higelin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: MOTHER!

R.T. (6.5/10 - 65%): "There's no denying that this is the thought-provoking product of a singularly ambitious artistic vision, though it may be too unwieldy for mainstream tastes."

Peter Travers' review.

Chris Bumbray's review.

Richard Roeper's video review.

Jeremy Jahns' video reviews (with and without spoilers).

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

WHAT THE FLICK's video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video reviews (with and without spoilers).

Doug Walker's video review.

Tamara Chambers and Cody Melcher's video review.

Re: MOTHER!

Though it got a C Minus on the Flixster Popcorn Bucket because a lot of common audiences are bitter that Jennifer Lawrence got so much attention from Hollywood since the Hunger Games franchise, and are dismissing Aronofsky as pretentious and out-of-touch with the lay public, we shouldn't waste any nominations on it. At least Aronofsky had some artistic ambition. Many RAZZIE-worthy directors weren't even challenging themselves, and they got the negative reviews from pro crix that it takes to deserve the RAZZIES much more.

Re: MOTHER!

MiguelAntilsu
Remember that we're looking for the worst in film of the year.  As far as I can see, this doesn't quite fit the bill.

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
Paramount is defending this movie.

Re: MOTHER!

I suggested nominations for Worst Director and Worst Screenplay but not Worst Picture.

MiguelAntilsu wrote
Remember that we're looking for the worst in film of the year.

Re: MOTHER!

A bad result is a bad result. Getting an (alleged) A or B for effort is no excuse.

GTAHater wrote
At least Aronofsky had some artistic ambition.

Re: MOTHER!

GTAHater
Not ordinarily, but if you ask me, it's more than enough to select 5 (in the finals) and 12 (in the semifinals) directors over Aronofsky. When reviewing the film itself, you could rant on his direction all you want from an absolute viewpoint, but in our awards race, we have plenty of far bigger concerns from a relative viewpoint.

Re: MOTHER!

Dun-Ida
Disagree. Aronofsky is currently one of the five that is worthy of getting nominated for Worst Director. The same goes for the category for Worst Screenplay.

GTAHater wrote
Not ordinarily, but if you ask me, it's more than enough to select 5 (in the finals) and 12 (in the semifinals) directors over Aronofsky.

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
I just saw it. I don't think it should be nominated for anything.

Re: MOTHER!

babyshowers
PLEASE! Nominate Darren Aronofsky for Worst Director. He hasn't done anything great since Requiem for a Dream imo. And "mother!" was a flop that divided the audience. C'mon! Blair Witch Project was much better and more acclaimed than this and it was up for TWO main Razzies.

Re: MOTHER!

Aronofsky deserves it? And 9/11, The Emoji Movie, Fifty Shades Darker, Transformers: The Last Knight, their directors, and something or another that critics and common audiences can agree on panning when it comes out this autumn don't?

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
Now it's Martin Scorsese's turn to put his 2 cents.

Re: MOTHER!

They voted The Blair Witch Project into the Worst Picture finals on a matter of principle. Baby Geniuses, 8MM, and Wing Commander would've had more of a chance if the "true story" about 3 student filmmakers mysteriously vanishing in a New English forest hadn't been a hoax!

Re: MOTHER!

Dun-Ida
GP

Re: MOTHER!

GP
While I think the film really polarized audiences, I'm on the side that think it was good, but not quite the masterpiece it aspired to be. Hope this can escape the path of Razzies just cause it disappointed at the box office.

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
The movie's honest trailer.

Re: MOTHER!

marshal25
For all the game to the play some jumblesolver.online one it is so great some one to play.