MOTHER!

Dun-Ida
My suggestions for nominations:

Worst Director
Darren Aronofsky. The movie is all over the place. It is poorly structured.

Worst Screenplay
Darren Aronofsky. The screenplay is full of pretentiousness. It is supposed to be an allegory of [spoiler alert] certain spiritual/religious texts. However the allegories do not work because the script is underdeveloped. This makes the "finished" movie disjointed for most of its run.

The only good thing about this movie is the performances, especially from Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris and Michelle Pfeiffer.

Re: MOTHER!

oiram
I don't mind this as much, though it's mostly unnecessary. Just be careful, you may invoke GTAHater's wrath.

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actor - Tom Cruise (nom), Matt Damon (nom), Johnny Depp, Jamie Dornan (nom), Charlie Hunnam (nom), and Charlie Sheen (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), Amy Schumer (nom), and Reese Witherspoon (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Mel Gibson (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: MOTHER!

R.T. (6.5/10 - 65%): "There's no denying that this is the thought-provoking product of a singularly ambitious artistic vision, though it may be too unwieldy for mainstream tastes."

Peter Travers' review.

Chris Bumbray's review.

Richard Roeper's video review.

Jeremy Jahns' video reviews (with and without spoilers).

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

WHAT THE FLICK's video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video reviews (with and without spoilers).

Doug Walker's video review.

Tamara Chambers and Cody Melcher's video review.

Re: MOTHER!

Though it got a C Minus on the Flixster Popcorn Bucket because a lot of common audiences are bitter that Jennifer Lawrence got so much attention from Hollywood since the Hunger Games franchise, and are dismissing Aronofsky as pretentious and out-of-touch with the lay public, we shouldn't waste any nominations on it. At least Aronofsky had some artistic ambition. Many RAZZIE-worthy directors weren't even challenging themselves, and they got the negative reviews from pro crix that it takes to deserve the RAZZIES much more.

Re: MOTHER!

MiguelAntilsu
Remember that we're looking for the worst in film of the year.  As far as I can see, this doesn't quite fit the bill.

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
Paramount is defending this movie.

Re: MOTHER!

I suggested nominations for Worst Director and Worst Screenplay but not Worst Picture.

MiguelAntilsu wrote
Remember that we're looking for the worst in film of the year.

Re: MOTHER!

A bad result is a bad result. Getting an (alleged) A or B for effort is no excuse.

GTAHater wrote
At least Aronofsky had some artistic ambition.

Re: MOTHER!

GTAHater
Not ordinarily, but if you ask me, it's more than enough to select 5 (in the finals) and 12 (in the semifinals) directors over Aronofsky. When reviewing the film itself, you could rant on his direction all you want from an absolute viewpoint, but in our awards race, we have plenty of far bigger concerns from a relative viewpoint.

Re: MOTHER!

Dun-Ida
Disagree. Aronofsky is currently one of the five that is worthy of getting nominated for Worst Director. The same goes for the category for Worst Screenplay.

GTAHater wrote
Not ordinarily, but if you ask me, it's more than enough to select 5 (in the finals) and 12 (in the semifinals) directors over Aronofsky.

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
I just saw it. I don't think it should be nominated for anything.

Re: MOTHER!

babyshowers
PLEASE! Nominate Darren Aronofsky for Worst Director. He hasn't done anything great since Requiem for a Dream imo. And "mother!" was a flop that divided the audience. C'mon! Blair Witch Project was much better and more acclaimed than this and it was up for TWO main Razzies.

Re: MOTHER!

Aronofsky deserves it? And 9/11, The Emoji Movie, Fifty Shades Darker, Transformers: The Last Knight, their directors, and something or another that critics and common audiences can agree on panning when it comes out this autumn don't?

Re: MOTHER!

Vits
Now it's Martin Scorsese's turn to put his 2 cents.

Re: MOTHER!

They voted The Blair Witch Project into the Worst Picture finals on a matter of principle. Baby Geniuses, 8MM, and Wing Commander would've had more of a chance if the "true story" about 3 student filmmakers mysteriously vanishing in a New English forest hadn't been a hoax!

Re: MOTHER!

Dun-Ida