King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Vheid
A new movie about the king Arthur legend directed by Snatch/Shetlock Holmes director, former Madonna husband and Razzie winner Guy Ritchie starring the guy from Sons of Anarchy. It's cyrrently at 27% on RT. Any category-predictions?
My votes:
W. Picture/Director/Screenplay: Emoji Movie
W. Actor: T. Cruise
W. Actress: K. Heigl
W. Sup. Actor: M. Gibson
W. Sup. Actress: S. Boutella
W. remake/sequel: Baywatch
W. Screen Combo: I honestly can't remember

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

oiram
Worst Remake is most likely. Maybe Worst Director and Worst Actor too.

Worst Supporting Actor for Djimon Hounsou could end up being the main frontrunner if Same Kind of Different as Me turns out to be just as bad as most people believe it is going to be.
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Richard Roeper's video review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.
Vheid wrote
It's cyrrently at 27% on RT.
And the consensus reads: "It piles mounds of modern action flash on an age-old tale -- and wipes out much of what made it a classic story in the first place."

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

GTAHater
On the Tomatometer, it has a 27% (a solid D), and on Metacritic, 41% (a C Minus). This begs the question of why it has a 77% Flixster Bucket score and 76% User Metascore (both B Plusses). Don't get me wrong, it still deserves consideration from us depending on competition, but why isn't it getting a C Minus or less across the board?

Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Vits
Chris Stuckmann's video review.

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

My recommendations for nomination:

Worst Picture

Worst Supporting Actress
Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey. Her acting is quite dull and wooden.

Worst Supporting Actor
David Beckham. His appearance in the movie is cumbersome.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel

Dishonorable mentions: Worst Director, Guy Ritchie. Worst Screenplay; Joby Harold, Guy Ritchie and Lionel Wigram.

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Vits
Mitch Hansch's review.

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake or Rip-Off.
-Worst Picture.
But not:
-Worst Actor for Charlie Hunnam.
-Worst Supporting Actor for Jude Law.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.

Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Vits
That one didn't interest me.

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

After web-crawling through the 2004 RAZZIE website looking for that year's quarterfinalists, I soon gave that version of King Arthur a place of eternal infamy and shame, opening up the countdown as #40 on the Bottom 40 Films of '004. It bears repeating, since some people get this confused, but that means I was declaring it the 40th worst film of that year.

Re: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Vits
Armond White's review.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile