KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

12

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Dun-Ida
Here are my suggestions for this sequel:

Worst Picture

Worst Actor
Taron Egerton. He quite insipid in this movie.

Worst Supporting Actress
Hanna Alström. Her performance is the most wooden in the movie.

Worst Supporting Actor
Edward Holcroft. His appearance as the villain's enforcer is dull. He is even more dull than Sofia Boutella's enforcer in Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel

Worst Director
Matthew Vaughn. His direction shows lack of control in many scenes. This makes it difficult to follow the story and characters.

Worst Screenplay
Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn. The screenplay lacks humor in what is supposed to be an action comedy. In addition to the absence of humor the characters are weakly developed and the story is tiresome.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

oiram
Well, even though a 55% and a 49, at the time of writing this, are not considered Razzie worthy by some, it is still hard to argue that this is actually a good movie. I humbly have to say that this is probably deserving of some discussion.

I just have two questions:

1: Hanna Alström and Edward Holcroft were in the last movie too, but I don't think you suggested them for nominations. Were they legitimately worse than they were in the first movie?
2: So, do you think this is actually the worst movie you saw this year, or were there other ones you saw that were worse than this?
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Izïa Higelin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Vits
Chris Bumbray's review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Some consider this Razzie worthy, including me.

As for the rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the rating among those classed as Top Critics is 21%.

oiram wrote

Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Hanna Alström and Edward Holcroft's roles in the previous movie lacks prominence. So it is difficult to determine how bad they are. However in this sequel they have much more presence. Their increased presence makes their bad performances much more noticeable.

oiram wrote
I just have two questions:

1: Hanna Alström and Edward Holcroft were in the last movie too, but I don't think you suggested them for nominations. Were they legitimately worse than they were in the first movie?

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

This movie is currently in the top five of my shortlist.

oiram wrote
2: So, do you think this is actually the worst movie you saw this year, or were there other ones you saw that were worse than this?

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

GTAHater
It's currently in the top 5 of MY shortlist... for a hypothetical award show based on mediocrity for Most Average Picture. The only ranked list I can see myself giving The Golden Circle or the Lego Ninjago Movie is a Middle 40 list.

P.S. If one JacobD were to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2 within the innermost (#1 to #5) rankings on a Middle 40 Films of '014, a film he hated with such a traumatized passion, he'd realize I was too soft on it by such a margin that I imagine he'd be screaming so loud into the night, his neighbors would think someone locked him in a dungeon and tortured him with superheated sharp blades!

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Vits
R.T. (50% - 5.5/10): "It offers more of everything that made its predecessor so much fun, but lacks the original's wild creative spark."

Richard Roeper's review.

Peter Travers' review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.

I just saw it. I don't think it should be nominated for anything.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Dun-Ida
At a length of two hours and twenty-one minutes Kingsman: The Golden Circle is quite long (too long) for a movie that is supposed be a comedy. Apparently the original cut was three hours and forty minutes long. Matthew Vaughn claims the longer cut "mostly worked". Yeah, right.

http://screenrant.com/kingsman-2-deleted-scenes-directors-cut/

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Dun-Ida
It seems this sequel tries to "one-up" James Bond. If it did attempt this it failed just like the first installment did:

https://www.inverse.com/article/36820-kingsman-2-the-golden-circle-james-bond

A lot of people complained that the way in which PRINCESS TILDE threw herself at EGGSY was sexist (yeah, that was the joke!). I think that made the writers re-write the script. That's why EGGSY & TILDE are in a serious relationship and ROXY is just a friend.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Dun-Ida
I am not offended by the joke about Princess Tilde at the end of Kingsman: The Secret Service. I just thought it is stupid (just like most of the movie).

As for the idea the writers being forced to rewrite the script to make Eggsy and Tilde in a serious relationship and Roxy/Agent Lancelot as just a friend, it does not surprise me. Studio interference often worsens the movie. No wonder this sequel is even worse than the poorly made previous installment.

Vits wrote
A lot of people complained that the way in which PRINCESS TILDE threw herself at EGGSY was sexist (yeah, that was the joke!). I think that made the writers re-write the script. That's why EGGSY & TILDE are in a serious relationship and ROXY is just a friend.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE