KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Dun-Ida
Here are my suggestions for this sequel:

Worst Picture

Worst Actor
Taron Egerton. He quite insipid in this movie.

Worst Supporting Actress
Hanna Alström. Her performance is the most wooden in the movie.

Worst Supporting Actor
Edward Holcroft. His appearance as the villain's enforcer is dull. He is even more dull than Sofia Boutella's enforcer in Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel

Worst Director
Matthew Vaughn. His direction shows lack of control in many scenes. This makes it difficult to follow the story and characters.

Worst Screenplay
Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn. The screenplay lacks humor in what is supposed to be an action comedy. In addition to the absence of humor the characters are weakly developed and the story is tiresome.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

oiram
Well, even though a 55% and a 49, at the time of writing this, are not considered Razzie worthy by some, it is still hard to argue that this is actually a good movie. I humbly have to say that this is probably deserving of some discussion.

I just have two questions:

1: Hanna Alström and Edward Holcroft were in the last movie too, but I don't think you suggested them for nominations. Were they legitimately worse than they were in the first movie?
2: So, do you think this is actually the worst movie you saw this year, or were there other ones you saw that were worse than this?

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Vits
Chris Bumbray's review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Some consider this Razzie worthy, including me.

As for the rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the rating among those classed as Top Critics is 21%.

oiram wrote
Well, even though a 55% and a 49, at the time of writing this, are not considered Razzie worthy by some,

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Hanna Alström and Edward Holcroft's roles in the previous movie lacks prominence. So it is difficult to determine how bad they are. However in this sequel they have much more presence. Their increased presence makes their bad performances much more noticeable.

oiram wrote
I just have two questions:

1: Hanna Alström and Edward Holcroft were in the last movie too, but I don't think you suggested them for nominations. Were they legitimately worse than they were in the first movie?

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

This movie is currently in the top five of my shortlist.

oiram wrote
2: So, do you think this is actually the worst movie you saw this year, or were there other ones you saw that were worse than this?

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

GTAHater
It's currently in the top 5 of MY shortlist... for a hypothetical award show based on mediocrity for Most Average Picture. The only ranked list I can see myself giving The Golden Circle or the Lego Ninjago Movie is a Middle 40 list.

P.S. If one JacobD were to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2 within the innermost (#1 to #5) rankings on a Middle 40 Films of '014, a film he hated with such a traumatized passion, he'd realize I was too soft on it by such a margin that I imagine he'd be screaming so loud into the night, his neighbors would think someone locked him in a dungeon and tortured him with superheated sharp blades!

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Vits
R.T. (50% - 5.5/10): "It offers more of everything that made its predecessor so much fun, but lacks the original's wild creative spark."

Richard Roeper's review.

Peter Travers' review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.

I just saw it. I don't think it should be nominated for anything.

Re: KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Dun-Ida
At a length of two hours and twenty-one minutes Kingsman: The Golden Circle is quite long (too long) for a movie that is supposed be a comedy. Apparently the original cut was three hours and forty minutes long. Matthew Vaughn claims the longer cut "mostly worked". Yeah, right.

http://screenrant.com/kingsman-2-deleted-scenes-directors-cut/