HOME AGAIN

oiram
From the daughter of Charles Shyer and Nancy Meyers comes a dud rom-com. Starring Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon and Razzie nominee Candice Bergen, the film appears to be brought down by bad clichés implemented in the script. Maybe this is the film that will finally give Reese a Worst Actress nom? You make the call.

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: HOME AGAIN

GTAHater
I'm on the fence about voting for this in the RAZZIEs, and quite frankly I'm leaning towards snubbing it. Just like A Dog's Purpose, The Return of Xander Cage, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Smurfs: The Lost Village, How to Be a Latin Lover, Rough Night, Luis Prieto's version of Kidnap, and The Hitman's Bodyguard, I only feel semi-negatively about Hallie Meyers-Shyer's version of Home Again. One more wide release film with RAZZIE pedigree and mixed-to-negative reviews, and I'll have a round 10 films to ideally name to my Dishonorable Mentions before handpicking and counting down the Bottom 40 Films of '017.

Re: HOME AGAIN

Vits
R.T. (30% - 5/10): "It gathers a talented crowd of rom-com veterans on both sides of the camera -- all of whom have unfortunately done far better work."

Richard Roeper's video review.

Peter Travers' video review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

Re: HOME AGAIN

GTAHater wrote
I'm on the fence about voting for this in the RAZZIEs, and quite frankly I'm leaning towards snubbing it. Just like A Dog's Purpose, The Return of Xander Cage, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Smurfs: The Lost Village, How to Be a Latin Lover, Rough Night, Luis Prieto's version of Kidnap, and The Hitman's Bodyguard, I only feel semi-negatively about Hallie Meyers-Shyer's version of Home Again. One more wide release film with RAZZIE pedigree and mixed-to-negative reviews, and I'll have a round 10 films to ideally name to my Dishonorable Mentions before handpicking and counting down the Bottom 40 Films of '017.
If you don't want to vote for it, that's fine. As for me though, I wanted to get more actresses to be considered, as there are some actresses on my list right now whom I am hoping to not keep, like Rosario Dawson. Since you laid out the under 40 at RT and 45 at MC rule, and Home Again is under both, I thought that makes it okay for me. Besides, if you want to not see people like ScarJo on the list anymore, you gotta make some sacrifices. That's not to say I want noms across the board. Had this been a lesser year, maybe I would have said Hallie may pull a Jennifer Lynch*, but right now, I doubt she'd even make the ballots.

*Though, in doing some research, I concluded that it wasn't just the nepotism angle that got Lynch the Razzie.