GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Dun-Ida
I just watched this. Here are my suggestions for nominations:

Worst Picture

Worst Actress
Scarlett Johansson. There are many times in the movie where her performance is wooden. Her acting does not flow smoothly as it should. A lot of the time she looks like she is just memorizing the screenplay and not doing much else.

Worst Supporting Actor
Pilou Asbæk. He also gives a wooden presence on screen. Just like Johansson he seems like he is just memorizing the screenplay.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel

Worst Director
Rupert Sanders. His direction looks all over the place at some scenes. He spent way too much time with the visuals and not enough focus on the story and characters.

Worst Screenplay
Jamie Ross, William Wheeler and Ehren Kruger. The screenplay is quite dull most of the time. The story is barely visible. The characters in the story have little depth. This makes it difficult to pay attention to the movie.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

R.T. (40-45%): "It boasts cool visuals and a compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson, but the end result lacks the magic of the movie's classic source material."

Richard Roeper's review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Vits
Tamara Chambers and Cody Melcher's video review.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

I was almost hoping for this movie to be lambasted more because I so wanted revenge against Rupert Sanders. I personally am shocked he actually got to direct this even after the news coverage about his affair with future Razzie winner Kristen Stewart.

As for Black Widow... I guess there really won't be a movie anytime soon, if ever.

But seriously, considering that it wasn't as criticized as some other movies, I am not sure if Scarlett Johansson will get a Razzie nomination. It is all going to depend on how well, or should I say poorly, Rough Night does.
Worst Actor - Tom Cruise (nom) (Winner of the Razzie for Worst Screen Couple and the Razzie for Most Tiresome Tabloid Target (which really didn't have anything to do with movies, but whatever), but he never won Worst Actor, where he was nominated twice. Will third time be the charm?), Matt Damon (nom) (Been called uninteresting and is also accused of promoting a white savior movie. Also since his buddy Ben Affleck has been nominated multiple times, why not him?), Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.), Jamie Dornan (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (nom) (Not only did his movie pretty much flop, but he ends up complaining about the criticism on Twitter! Plus, he's been nominated before and Jumanji doesn't look so hot either.), and Mark Wahlberg (nom) (If this is his last "hurrah" in the Transformers movies, maybe he should get a nom as extra motivation to stay away. Marky Mark doesn't want to become a repeat offender, does he?)

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom) (The series that gave her something resembling a career has hit a new low. Will it final get her a Worst Actress award?), Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!), Scarlett Johansson (nom) (Starred in two box-office bombs, one of them with the stigma of whitewashing. Plus it'd be interesting to have her.), Dakota Johnson (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Milla Jovovich (nom) (Considering that the last outing got her a nom, maybe she'll receive another one.), and Amy Schumer (nom) (Not only has her humor been described as getting stale and one-note, but she's been labeling any criticisms of that as "evil conservatives" to try and dismiss them, and now this led up a movie that is not so well received for many reasons, not the least of which being that she did not bring the funny, and did pretty poorly at the box-office.)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom) (He does not lend much to the movie he stars in, and the special effects on him make his performance look worse!), Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!), Eric Johnson (nom) (Basically used to make Christian Grey look less bad by comparison!), Ben Kingsley (nom) (Not only a Razzie repeat offender, but his character in Collide keeps watching the Razzie nominated movie Perfect and keeps talking almost creepily about Razzie perennial Burt Reynolds!), Rob Lowe (nom) (Previously won a Razzie in this category, why not nominate him again if he's going to appear in films like Monster Trucks?), and John Turturro (nom) (He has made the ballots for the Transformers movies before, but always gets shut out. Maybe this will be his chance at a nom.)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.), Faye Dunaway (nom) (Razzie perennial Dunaway is attempting to make a big comeback, but starting off with The Bye Bye Man, not to mention being a part of the Best Picture flub at the Oscars, things do not look good for her.), Laura Haddock (nom) (She seems to be a good actress, but when put into a Bay movie where she has to look pretty while being a scientist, Star-Lord's mom cannot pull it off.), Marcia Gay Harden (nom) (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?), Goldie Hawn (nom) (Making her big-screen comeback in Snatched... a movie which stunk and she stunk in it, a surefire way to receive a second nom in this category.), and Isabela Moner (nom) (Comes off as a preachy character, more than likely going to annoy some.)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom) (Going to go down in history as the most Razzie nominated director thanks to these Transformers movies. I would not be surprised if he wins.), James Foley (Previous Razzie nominee has returned after about three decades to direct the sequel to the Razzie winning Fifty Shades of Grey. I'd say he has this in the bag.), Alex Kurtzman (nom) (Speaking of Transformers, one of the Razzie winning writers of the first and second one tried to start a cinematic universe, and boy howdy, did it get off to a rocky start!), Guy Ritchie (nom) (Speaking of cinematic universes, previous Razzie winner and husband of Madonna tried to start one too, and man did it turn out messy!), Chris Wedge (nom) (Going from animation to live-action and came out with a write-off... yeah...), and Zhang Yimou (nom) (Even with his stylized directing, he could not make the characters interesting, or those lizard creatures look convincing.)

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration: