GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Dun-Ida
I just watched this. Here are my suggestions for nominations:

Worst Picture

Worst Actress
Scarlett Johansson. There are many times in the movie where her performance is wooden. Her acting does not flow smoothly as it should. A lot of the time she looks like she is just memorizing the screenplay and not doing much else.

Worst Supporting Actor
Pilou Asbæk. He also gives a wooden presence on screen. Just like Johansson he seems like he is just memorizing the screenplay.

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel

Worst Director
Rupert Sanders. His direction looks all over the place at some scenes. He spent way too much time with the visuals and not enough focus on the story and characters.

Worst Screenplay
Jamie Ross, William Wheeler and Ehren Kruger. The screenplay is quite dull most of the time. The story is barely visible. The characters in the story have little depth. This makes it difficult to pay attention to the movie.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

R.T. (40-45%): "It boasts cool visuals and a compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson, but the end result lacks the magic of the movie's classic source material."

Richard Roeper's review.

Jeremy Jahns' video review.

WHAT THE FLICK?!'s video review.

Chris Stuckmann's video review.

DOUBLE TOASTED's video review.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Vits
Tamara Chambers and Cody Melcher's video review.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

I was almost hoping for this movie to be lambasted more because I so wanted revenge against Rupert Sanders. I personally am shocked he actually got to direct this even after the news coverage about his affair with future Razzie winner Kristen Stewart.

As for Black Widow... I guess there really won't be a movie anytime soon, if ever.

But seriously, considering that it wasn't as criticized as some other movies, I am not sure if Scarlett Johansson will get a Razzie nomination. It is all going to depend on how well, or should I say poorly, Rough Night does.
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Izïa Higelin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Remake or Rip-Off.
Oh, and maybe:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Picture.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Vits
The movie's honest trailer.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

Vits
Everything wrong with this movie.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

babyshowers
Yes, nominate the heck out of this. Make it up for DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION.

Re: GHOST IN THE SHELL (2017)

GTAHater
I don't know what you're talking about. Dragonball: Evolution was MUCH worse!