FIST FIGHT

COMEDIES, NOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO GET RAUNCHY, HAVE ALSO GOTTEN LAZY. A LOT OF THE WRITERS ON THESE SEEM TO THINK THAT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS HAVE CHARACTERS SAY EXPLICIT CUSS WORDS, OR SAY AND DO CRAZY THINGS, AND THEN IT WILL BE AN INSTANT HIT, BUT THAT IS NOT SO SIMPLE. THESE MOVIES SEEM TO FORGET HOW TO BE CLEVER, AND OUT OF ALL OF THESE UNCLEVER, RAUNCHY MOVIES… THIS FILM, FIST FIGHT, IS JUST ONE OF THEM.

THE WRITING DOESN’T MAKE SENSE, AS IT APPEARS TO TAKE PLACE IN A WORLD WHERE CHILDREN CAN BASICALLY BEAT UP ADULTS WITH NO REPERCUSSIONS FOR DOING SO. ALSO, ICE CUBE’S CHARACTER THINKS THAT MONEY IS NOT BEING SPENT PROPERLY FOR THE SCHOOL. OKAY… BUT DOES DAMAGING PROPERTY WITH AN AXE REALLY HELP MATTERS? AND SPEAKING OF MR. CUBE, HE ESSETIALLY DOES THE SAME SCHTICK HE DOES IN EVERY MOVIE. CHARLIE DAY ESSENTIALLY DOES THE SAME SCHTICK HE DOES IN EVERY MOVIE. TRACY MORGAN ESSENTIALLY DOES THE SAME SCHTICK HE DOES IN EVERY MOVIE (HEY, I’M GLAD YOU SURVIVED THAT CRASH, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I’LL GO EASY ON YOU). BASICALLY, NEARLY EVERY ACTOR IN THS MOVIE IS DOING THE SAME SCHTICK THEY DO IN EVERY MOVIE. ANOTHER THING WORTHY OF NOTE IS THAT THE FILM SEEMS VAGUELY SIMILAR TO THAT OF AN OLD 80S FILM CALLED THREE O’CLOCK HIGH, WHICH MANY AGREE USED ITS PREMISE TO BETTER EFFECT.

WHILE PEOPLE HAVE SAID THAT THE TITULAR “FIST FIGHT” WAS WELL DONE AT THE END OF THE MOVIE, IT DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR ALL THE SCENES THE AUDIENCE HAS TO SUFFER THROUGH TO GET THERE. MIGHT AS WELL WAIT UNTIL THE SCENE GETS ON YOUTUBE. BUT THAT’S ENOUGH FROM ME, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? IS THIS A GOOD CONTENDER FOR WORST SCREEN COMBO?
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!)

Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.)

Worst Supporting Actress (nom) - Marcia Gay Harden (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?)

Re: FIST FIGHT

Vits
R.T. (35%): "It boasts a surplus of comedic muscle but flails lazily, and far too few of its jokes land with enough force to register."

Richard Roeper's review.

Peter Travers' review.

Chris Bumbray's review.
oiram wrote
TRACY MORGAN ESSENTIALLY DOES THE SAME SCHTICK HE DOES IN EVERY MOVIE (HEY, I’M GLAD YOU SURVIVED THAT CRASH, BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I’LL GO EASY ON YOU).

ANOTHER THING WORTHY OF NOTE IS THAT THE FILM SEEMS VAGUELY SIMILAR TO THAT OF AN OLD 80S FILM CALLED THREE O’CLOCK HIGH, WHICH MANY AGREE USED ITS PREMISE TO BETTER EFFECT.
1) LOL!
2) When I checked its Wikipedia page at the beginning of the month, it said that it was a remake of 3 O'CLOCK HIGH... and I believed it!

Re: FIST FIGHT

Re: FIST FIGHT

Dun-Ida
My suggestions for nominations.

Worst Picture

Worst Actor
Charlie Day. He is more irritating than funny.
Ice Cube. He spends most of his time putting on a mean face and does little else.

Worst Supporting Actress
Christina Hendricks. Being easy on the eyes does not hide the fact that her performance is bland and unfunny.
Jillian Bell. Her presence is just as annoying as Charlie Day's.

Worst Supporting Actor
Dean Norris. He appears to be just going through the motions with his performance and doing not much else. This result in an insignificant presence on screen.

Worst Director
Richie Keen's directing is of poor standard. The result is the scenes looking like they have been randomly selected before being put together. He also failed to get funny performances from the actors.

Worst Screenplay
Van Robichaux and Evan Susser. The screenplay is bereft of anything funny.

Re: FIST FIGHT

Re: FIST FIGHT

Re: FIST FIGHT

Re: FIST FIGHT