Quantcast

FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

12

FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Was going to post at the beginning of December, but then I decided it is close enough already, and some might be eager.

So we are closing in on the end of the year, and the ballots will more than likely come out the beginning of next year if not very late December. With this in mind, what is your final list for the Razzies? You can update if necessary.

I'll post my personal final list later. I just like to be sure of what is worthy before posting.
Please let Robert De Niro finally be nominated for Worst Actor.

Please do not Razz Ben Affleck this year, at least, because there are others more deserving.

If no one will make this a quote, I will: Emily Blunt played the worst ice based character since Martin Short as Jack Frost and, before that, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Actor:
-Johnny Depp for ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.*
-Jesse Eisenberg for BATMAN V SUPERMAN, CAFÉ SOCIETY and NOW YOU SEE ME PART 2).
-Kevin Hart for RIDE ALONG PART 2 and THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS.
-Steven Krueger for SATANIC.
-Sam Riley for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.
-Benjamin Walker for THE CHOICE.

Actress:
-Kristen Bell for BAD MOMS and THE BOSS.*
-Sarah Hyland for SATANIC.
-Dakota Johnson for HOW TO BE SINGLE.
-Mia Wasikowska for ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.

Supporting Actor:
-Raymond J. Barry for THE PURGE PART 3.
-Justin Bieber for ZOOLANDER PART 2.
-Justin Chon for SATANIC.
-Johnny Depp for ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.*
-Peter Dinklage for THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE and THE BOSS.
-Ben Foster for THE FINEST HOURS, INFERNO and WARCRAFT.
-Samuel L. Jackson for CELL and THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-Tommy Lee Jones for JASON BOURNE and MECHANIC PART 2.
-Woody Harrelson for NOW YOU SEE ME PART 2.
-Sam Hazeldine for THE HUNTSMAN and MECHANIC PART 2.
-Ken Jeong for NORM OF THE NORTH and RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-Robert Pine for MOTHER'S DAY.
-Terry Serpico for THE 5TH WAVE and THE PURGE PART 3.

Supporting Actress:
-Kristen Bell for BAD MOMS and THE BOSS.*
-Helena Bonham Carter for ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-Sophie Dalah for SATANIC.
-Clara Mamet for SATANIC.
-Annie Mumolo for BAD MOMS and THE BOSS.
-Olivia Munn for RIDE ALONG PART 2.

Screen Couple:
-Kevin Spacey (as a human) and Jennifer Garner for 9 LIVES.
-Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Bell for THE BOSS.
-Lauren Cohan and BRAHMS the doll for THE BOY.
-Jesse Eisenberg and Blake Lively for CAFÉ SOCIETY.
-Julia Roberts and her wig for MOTHER'S DAY.
-Woody Harrelson and Woody Harrelson for NOW YOU SEE ME PART 2.
-Ice Cube and Olivia Munn for RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-Kevin Hart and Tika Sumpter for RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-Jackie Chan and Johnny Knoxville for SKIPTRACE.
-Paula Patton and either Travis Fimmel or Ben Schnetzer for WARCRAFT.

Screen Ensemble:
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-SATANIC.

Director:
-THE 5TH WAVE.
-9 LIVES.
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-ALLEGIANT.
-THE B.F.G.
-THE BOSS.
-THE BOY.
-CELL.
-THE CHOICE.
-DIRTY GRANDPA.
-THE FOREST.
-GHOSTBUSTERS.
-GOD'S NOT DEAD.
-ICE AGE PART 5.
-INDEPENDENCE DAY PART 2.
-JASON BOURNE.
-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-LONDON HAS FALLEN.
-MECHANIC PART 2.
-MOTHER'S DAY.
-NORM OF THE NORTH.
-PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.
-THE PURGE PART 3.
-RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-RISEN.
-SATANIC.
-SKIPTRACE.
-WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT.

Screenplay:
-9 LIVES.
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-THE BOSS.
-THE BOY.
-CAFÉ SOCIETY.
-THE CHOICE.
-DIRTY GRANDPA.
-THE FOREST.
-FREE STATE OF JONES.
-GHOSTBUSTERS.
-GOD'S NOT DEAD.
-GODS OF EGYPT.
-HOW TO BE SINGLE.
-THE HUNTSMAN.
-ICE AGE PART 5.
-INDEPENDENCE DAY PART 2.
-JASON BOURNE.
-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-LONDON HAS FALLEN.
-MECHANIC PART 2.
-MOTHER'S DAY.
-NORM OF THE NORTH.
-THE PURGE PART 3.
-RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-RISEN.
-SATANIC.
-SKIPTRACE.
-WARCRAFT.
-WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT.

Prequel or Sequel:
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-ALLEGIANT.
-THE HUNTSMAN.
-ICE AGE PART 5.
-INDEPENDENCE DAY PART 2.
-JASON BOURNE.
-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-LONDON HAS FALLEN.
-MECHANIC PART 2.
-THE PURGE PART 3.
-RIDE ALONG PART 2.

Remake or Rip-Off:
-THE 5TH WAVE (rip-off of CRASH, THE HOST, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS and LOST).
-9 LIVES (rip-off of THE SHAGGY DOG).
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-THE B.F.G.
-GHOSTBUSTERS.
-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-MECHANIC PART 2 (rip-off of KILLER ELITE and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE PART 4).
-PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.

Picture:
-THE 5TH WAVE.
-9 LIVES.
-ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS.
-THE BOSS.
-THE BOY.
-CELL.
-THE CHOICE.
-DIRTY GRANDPA.
-GHOSTBUSTERS.
-GOD'S NOT DEAD.
-ICE AGE PART 5.
-JASON BOURNE.
-THE LEGEND OF TARZAN.
-LONDON HAS FALLEN.
-MECHANIC PART 2.
-NORM OF THE NORTH.
-PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES.
-THE PURGE PART 3.
-RIDE ALONG PART 2.
-RISEN.
-SATANIC.
-SKIPTRACE.

The Barry L. Bumstead Award:
-SATANIC.
-SKIPTRACE.

*I'm not sure where they should be.
Follow me at @Vits_Chile

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Rockr93
Alice Through the Looking Glass is not a remake.
The B.F.G. is not a remake but is an adaption (which the Razzies haven't covered yet).
The Mechanic: Resurrection is not a remake.

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Vits
1) Adaptations of a source material that has already been adapted before are eligible as remakes.
2) I listed MECHANIC PART 2 as a rip-off and I clarified why.
Follow me at @Vits_Chile

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

<Worst Picture>
Dirty Grandpa / Kitanai Ojiisan (Jnr. 22)
Fifty Shades of Black (Jnr. 29)
Zoolander No. 2 (Fbr. 12)
Gods of Egypt (Fbr. 26)
London Has Fallen (Mrc. 4)
Mother's Day (Apl. 29)
Independence Day: Resurgence (Jne. 24)
Nine Lives (Ags. 5)
Yoga Hosers (Spt. 2)
Max Steel (Oct. 14)
Boo! A Madea Halloween (Oct. 21)
Shut-In (Nvb. 11)
Collateral Beauty (Dcb. 16)

<Worst Screenplay> //Based on script, plot, and dialogue, and which films suffered most from it
Dirty Grandpa / Kitanai Ojiisan (Jnr. 22)
The 5th Wave (Jnr. 22)
Zoolander 2 (Fbr. 12)
Garry Marshall's Mother's Day (Apl. 29)
Greg McLean's The Darkness (May 13)
Independence Day: Resurgence (Jne. 24)
Barry Sonnenfeld's Nine Lives (Ags. 5)
Ben-Hur [remake] (Ags. 19)
Yoga Hosers (Spt. 2)
When the Bough Breaks (Spt. 9)
Ron Howard's Inferno (Oct. 28)
Collateral Beauty (Dcb. 16)
Morten Tyldum's Passengers (Dcb. 21)

<Worst Director> //based on visuals, editing, and behavior related to direction
The Forest for Jason Zada (Jnr. 8)
Regression for Alejandro Amenabar (Fbr. 5)
Zoolander No. 2 for Ben Stiller (Fbr. 12)
Gods of Egypt for Alex Proyas (Fbr. 26)
London Has Fallen for Babak Najafi (Mrc. 4)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for Zack Snyder (Mrc. 25)
The Boss for Ben Falcone (Apl. 8)
The Huntsman: Winter's War for Cedric Nicolas-Troyan (Apl. 22)
Suicide Squad for David Ayer (Ags. 5)
Nine Lives for Barry Sonnenfeld (Ags. 5)
Yoga Hosers for Kevin Smith (Spt. 2)
Boo! A Madea Halloween for Tyler Perry (Oct. 21)
Assassin's Creed for Justin Kurzel (Dcb. 21)

<Worst Actor>
Dirty Grandpa for Robert DeNiro (Jnr. 22)
Fifty Shades of Black for Marlon Wayans (Jnr. 29)
Regression for Ethan Hawke (Fbr. 5)
Zoolander 2 for Ben Stiller (Fbr. 12)
Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen for Gerard Butler (Fbr. 26 / Mrc. 4)
Ariel Vromen's Criminal for Kevin Costner (Apl. 15)
The Darkness for Kevin Bacon (May 13)
Alice Through the Looking Glass and Yoga Hosers for Johnny Depp (May 27 / Spt. 2)
Independence Day: Resurgence for Liam Hemsworth (Jne. 24)
Nine Lives for Kevin Spacey (Ags. 5)
Suicide Squad and Collateral Beauty for Will Smith (Ags. 5 / Dcb. 16)
Ben-Hur [remake] for Jack Huston (Ags. 19)
Bad Santa 2 for Billy Bob Thornton (Nvb. 23)

<Worst Actress>
Jason Zada's The Forest for Natalie Dormer (Jnr. 8)
William Brent Bell's The Boy for Lauren Cohan (Jnr. 22)
The 5th Wave for Chloe Grace Moretz (Jnr. 22)
Regression for Emma Watson / Hermione Granger (Fbr. 5)
The Choice for Teresa Palmer (Fbr. 5)
The Divergent Series: Allegiant and Shut-In for Naomi Watts (Mrc. 18 / Nvb. 11)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 for Nia Vardalos (Mrc. 25)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for Amy Adams (Mrc. 25)
The Huntsman: Winter's War for Emily Blunt (Apl. 22)
Alice Through the Looking Glass for Mia Wasikowska (May 27)
The Disappointments Room for Kate Beckinsale (Spt. 9)
Boo! A Madea Halloween for Tyler Perry as Madea (Oct. 21)
Assassin's Creed for Marion Cotillard (Dcb. 21)

<Worst Supporting Actor>
Ride Along 2 and Norm of the North for Ken Jeong (both Jnr. 15)
London Has Fallen and Ben-Hur [remake] for Morgan Freeman (Mrc. 4 / Ags. 19)
London Has Fallen and Incarnate for Aaron Eckhart (Mrc. 4 / Dcb. 2)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Morten Tyldum's Passengers for Lawrence Fishburne (Mrc. 25 / Dcb. 21)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Assassin's Creed for Jeremy Irons (Mrc. 25 / Dcb. 21)
Ariel Vromen's Criminal and Mechanic: Resurrection for Tommy Lee Jones (Apl. 15 / Ags. 26)
The Huntsman: Winter's War and Mechanic: Resurrection for Sam Hazeldine (Apl. 22 / Ags. 26)
Greg McLean's The Darkness and Incarnate for David Mazouz (May 13 / Dcb. 2)
Alice Through the Looking Glass and Morten Tyldum's Passengers for Michael Sheen (May 27 / Dcb. 21)
Warcraft and Ben-Hur [remake] for Toby Kebbell (Jne. 10 / Ags. 19)
Warcraft and Inferno for Ben Foster (Jne. 10 / Oct. 28)
Suicide Squad and Man Down for Jai Courtney (Ags. 5 / Dcb. 2)
Max Steel and Morten Tyldum's Passengers for Andy Garcia (Oct. 14 / Dcb. 21)

<Worst Supporting Actress>
Ride Along 2 and Zoolander 2 for Olivia Munn (Jnr. 15 / Fbr. 12)
The 5th Wave and Independence Day: Resurgence for Maika Monroe (Jnr. 22 / Jne. 24)
The 5th Wave and Max Steel for Maria Bello (Jnr. 22 / Oct. 14)
Zoolander 2 and Bad Santa 2 for Christina Hendricks (Fbr. 12 / Nvb. 23)
London Has Fallen and Greg McLean's The Darkness for Radha Mitchell (Mrc. 4 / May 13)
The Divergent Series: Allegiant and Bad Santa 2 for Octavia Spencer (Mrc. 18 / Nvb. 23)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Criminal, and Keeping Up With the Joneses for Gal Gadot (Mrc. 25 / Apl. 15 / Oct. 21)
Ben Falcone's The Boss and Garry Marshall's Mother's Day for Ella Anderson (Apl. 8 / Apl. 29)
Ben Falcone's The Boss and Garry Marshall's Mother's Day for Margo Martindale (Apl. 8 / Apl. 29)
Ben Falcone's The Boss and Bad Santa 2 for Kathy Doyle-Bates (Apl. 8 / Nvb. 23)
Mother's Day and Nine Lives for Jennifer Garner (Apl. 29 / Ags. 5)
Ratchet & Clank and Boo! A Madea Halloween for Bella Thorne (Apl. 29 / Oct. 21)
Mechanic: Resurrection for Jessica Alba (Ags. 26)

<Worst Remake, Knock-Off, or Sequel>
Ride Along 2 (Jnr. 15) //Sequel to Ride Along, one of the Bottom 40 Films of '014
Zoolander 2 (Fbr. 12) //Sequel to Zoolander, one of the Top 40 Films of '001
London Has Fallen (Mrc. 4) //Sequel to Olympus Has Fallen from '013
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Mrc. 18) //Sequel to The Divergent Series: Insurgent, an '015 Dishonorable Mention
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Mrc. 25) //Sequel to My Big Fat Greek Wedding, one of the Top 40 Films of '002
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Apl. 22) //Prequel and/or sequel to Snow White and the Huntman, an '012 Dishonorable Mention
Alice Through the Looking Glass (May 27) //Sequel to Alice In Wonderland '010
Independence Day: Resurgence (Jne. 24) //Sequel to Independence Day, one of the Retro Top 40 Movies of '996
Ice Age: Collision Course (Jly. 22) //Sequel to Ice Age: Continental Drift, an '012 Dishonorable Mention
Ben-Hur [remake] (Ags. 19) //A direct remake of Ben-Hur, one of the Ancient Top 30 Movies of '959
Mechanic: Resurrection (Ags. 26) //A sequel to Mechanic [remake] from '011
Inferno (Oct. 28) //A sequel to The Da Vinci Code (Bottom 40 of '006) and Angels & Demons ('009 Dishonorable Mention)
Bad Santa 2 (Nvb. 23) //A sequel to Bad Santa, a '003 Honorable Mention

<Worst Combo or Ensemble>
Regression for Ethan Hawke and Emma Watson (couple/duo) (Fbr. 5)
The Choice for Benjamin Walker and Teresa Palmer (couple) (Fbr. 5)
Zoolander 2 (ensemble) (Fbr. 12)
Gods of Egypt (ensemble) (Fbr. 26)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (ensemble) (Mrc. 25)
Mother's Day (ensemble) (Apl. 29)
Alice Through the Looking Glass (ensemble) (May 27)
Independence Day: Resurgence (ensemble) (Jne. 24)
Suicide Squad (ensemble) (Ags. 5)
Mechanic: Resurrection for Jason Statham, Jessica Alba, and Sam Hazeldine (triple) (Ags. 26)
Yoga Hosers for Harley Quinn Smith and Lily Rose Depp (couple/duo) (Spt. 2)
Max Steel for Ben Winchell and Josh Brener (couple/duo) (Oct. 14)
Bad Santa 2 for Billy Bob Thornton and Kathy Doyle-Bates (couple/duo) (Nvb. 23)

To Vits: My understanding is that these are (at least secretly) your 20 worst films of the year.

20. The Finest Hours
19. Risen
18. Free State of Jones
17. The Secret Life of Pets
16. The BFG
15. God's Not Dead 2
14. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
13. The Angry Birds Movie
12. Cell (DIR Tod Williams)
11. How to Be Single
10. Cafe Society
9. Bad Moms
8. Ghostbusters [remake]
7. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
6. The Legend of Tarzan
5. Now You See Me 2
4. Jason Bourne
3. The Purge: Election Year
2. Skiptrace
1. Satanic (DIR Jeffrey G Hunt)

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

oiram
Looks pretty interesting, just two problems: Radha Mitchell is female, not male, and Jaden Smith is not in Independence Day 2.
Please let Robert De Niro finally be nominated for Worst Actor.

Please do not Razz Ben Affleck this year, at least, because there are others more deserving.

If no one will make this a quote, I will: Emily Blunt played the worst ice based character since Martin Short as Jack Frost and, before that, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Not quite. I liked THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS; I didn't dislike THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE or NOW YOU SEE ME PART 2; I didn't loathe FREE STATE OF JONES, THE B.F.G., WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT, HOW TO BE SINGLE, CAFÉ SOCIETY or BAD MOMS. As for the other movies, I won't tell you if the order of the ranking (how exactly did you calculate it?) is accurate because that would spoil the results of the Vits Awards.
Follow me at @Vits_Chile

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Another thing I should mention about your list, GTAHater, is that you seem to not have anyone considered for Worst Supporting Actor or Supporting Actress for just one film. It's your list, your opinion, but I am curious as to why you made it this way.
Please let Robert De Niro finally be nominated for Worst Actor.

Please do not Razz Ben Affleck this year, at least, because there are others more deserving.

If no one will make this a quote, I will: Emily Blunt played the worst ice based character since Martin Short as Jack Frost and, before that, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

To Vits: I had upwards of 40 films in mind for the RAZZIES, and I figured that absolutely none of them were on your 20 worst films of the year. Most of your recommendations are for wide releases that have positive, mixed-to-negative, or anywhere in between reviews, and for negatively reviewed films that were <far> smaller releases than even Yoga Hosers or Meet The Blacks. I, on the other hand, with very few exceptions, focus on wide releases, and everything that I want to see RAZZed has generally or overwhelmingly negative reviews. In fact, you seem to concur with me on these 22 in a basic manner:

Jason Zada's The Forest
Ride Along 2
Norm of the North
William Brent Bell's The Boy
The 5th Wave
Dirty Grandpa / Kitanai Ojiisan
The Choice
Zoolander 2
Gods of Egypt
London Has Fallen
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben Falcone's The Boss
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Garry Marshall's Mother's Day
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Warcraft
Independence Day: Resurgence
Ice Age: Collision Course
Nine Lives
Mechanic: Resurrection
Ron Howard's Inferno

...but in your recommendations, they're distantly outweighed by the 20 I listed in my previous post.

To oiram: On top of giving actors and actresses RAZZIES for being in multiple bad films, I'm also aiming to cover as many of the negatively reviewed films that have the distinct RAZZBerry feel to them. Any other details are too hard to put into words.

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

I thought these were interesting. Someone made two videos in October and November of what he thought would make the ballots for the Razzies.

Also, there is this forum called AwardsWatch that has people listing who will be nominated for the Razzies, mainly in the acting categories: LINK
Please let Robert De Niro finally be nominated for Worst Actor.

Please do not Razz Ben Affleck this year, at least, because there are others more deserving.

If no one will make this a quote, I will: Emily Blunt played the worst ice based character since Martin Short as Jack Frost and, before that, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Razz E. Hader
'Interesting' to see how those ballots are just as rote and clueless as the ones here ...
Kevin Hart- WORSE than Ben Affleck! Zoe Saldana- WORSE than...the rest! Jason Mantouckas- same deal! #getaclueheadrazz

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

oiram
Razz E. Hader wrote
'Interesting' to see how those ballots are just as rote and clueless as the ones here ...
Well, glad to know that it is not just me you whine about.

What was wrong with mine, Razz E. Hader? I thought I'd covered all the big studio wide releases that got clearly negative reviews from critics just fine. I'd like to see how your ideas could be better!

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

oiram
The guy I linked to earlier posted another video of who/what he thinks will get Razzie nominated.

As for my own final predictions, I decided that I am going to wait until Passengers comes out. It is supposed to be a "big blockbuster" that has two of the biggest known leads at the moment, Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence, so I want to see how it actually does.

I didn't really have a problem with your list as a whole GTA (except that Johnny Depp is really a SUPPORTING Actor in Alice & Yoga Hosers), or was even referring to it as much as oiram's and the equally non-comprehensive video links he put up; as for a 'better' idea I have- how about acknowledging the truly WORST aspect(s) of a film (3 examples I haven't seen anyone mention at all- Jason Mantzoukas in Dirty Grandpa, Judd Hirsch/Brent Spiner in ID4#2, and Woody Harrelson *as his twin brother* with a bad wig in Now You See #2), and not just the most recognizable names like it's been done too often in recent years.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Believe it or not, I was a fan of the Razzies at one point, but it's just become as tired and pointless as its increasing number of critics have claimed it has...
Kevin Hart- WORSE than Ben Affleck! Zoe Saldana- WORSE than...the rest! Jason Mantouckas- same deal! #getaclueheadrazz

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Alright, with Passengers starting off with bad reviews, Why Him? being probably not so bad, and Assassin's Creed not looking that important in my opinion, here is my own personal final tally:

Worst Picture

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Ben-Hur
Boo! A Madea Halloween
The Boss
Dirty Grandpa
Fifty Shades of Black
Gods of Egypt
Independence Day: Resurgence

London Has Fallen
Mother's Day
Nine Lives*
Passengers
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander 2

Worst Actor

Kevin Bacon/The Darkness
Gerard Butler/Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen
Robert De Niro/Dirty Grandpa

Johnny Depp/Alice Through the Looking Glass and Yoga Hosers
Aaron Eckhart/Incarnate
Zac Efron/Dirty Grandpa and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
Ethan Hawke/Regression
Chris Hemsworth/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Liam Hemsworth/Independence Day: Resurgence

Anthony Hopkins/Solace
Jack Huston/Ben-Hur
Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Chris Pratt/Passengers
Will Smith/Collateral Beauty and Suicide Squad
Kevin Spacey/Nine Lives*
Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Billy Bob Thornton/Bad Santa 2
Marlon Wayans/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Actress

Jennifer Aniston/Mother’s Day and Office Christmas Party
Kate Beckinsale/The Disappointments Room
Jessica Chastain/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Kali Hawk/Fifty Shades of Black
Jennifer Lawrence/Passengers
Melissa McCarthy/The Boss*
Chloe Grace Moretz/The 5th Wave
Tyler Perry/Boo! A Madea Halloween (as Madea)
Margot Robbie/The Legend of Tarzan and Suicide Squad
Julia Roberts/Mother's Day
Harley Quinn Smith and Lily-Rose Depp/Yoga Hosers
Nia Vardalos/My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Mia Wasikowska/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Emma Watson/Regression
Naomi Watts/Shut In
Shailene Woodley/The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Worst Supporting Actor

Justin Bieber/Zoolander 2
Sacha Baron Cohen/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Tony Cox/Bad Santa 2
Affion Crockett/Fifty Shades of Black
Jeff Daniels/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Peter Dinklage/The Boss
Aaron Eckhart/London Has Fallen
Jesse Eisenberg/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice*
Colin Farrell/Solace
Will Ferrell/Zoolander 2
Morgan Freeman/Ben-Hur, London Has Fallen, and Now You See Me 2
Jeff Goldblum/Independence Day: Resurgence
Toby Kebbell/Ben-Hur and Warcraft
Jared Leto/Suicide Squad
David Mazouz/The Darkness and Incarnate
Tyler Perry/Boo! A Madea Halloween (as Brian and Uncle Joe) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Bill Pullman/Independence Day: Resurgence
Daniel Radcliffe/Now You See Me 2
Liev Schreiber/The 5th Wave
Christopher Walken/Nine Lives

Worst Supporting Actress

Jessica Alba/Mechanic: Resurrection
Angela Bassett/London Has Fallen
Kathy Bates/Bad Santa 2 and The Boss
Emily Blunt/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Helena Bonham Carter/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Penelope Cruz/The Brothers Grimsby and Zoolander 2
Cara Delevingne/Suicide Squad*
Megan Fox/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Jennifer Garner/Mother's Day and Nine Lives

Anne Hathaway/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Julianne Hough/Dirty Grandpa
Kate Hudson/Mother's Day
Maika Monroe/The 5th Wave and Independence Day: Resurgence
Jane Seymour/Fifty Shades of Black
Charlize Theron/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Naomi Watts/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Diamond White/Boo! A Madea Halloween
Kristen Wiig/Masterminds and Zoolander 2

Worst Screen Combo

Zac Efron and either Robert De Niro/Dirty Grandpa or Adam DeVine/Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
The Entire Cast of Collateral Beauty
The Entire (Mostly White) Cast of Gods of Egypt
The Entire Cast of Mother's Day
The Entire Cast of Zoolander 2
Jeff Goldblum and either Charlotte Gainsbourg or Judd Hirsch/Independence Day: Resurgence
Woody Harrelson and Woody Harrelson/Now You See Me 2
Ethan Hawke and Emma Watson/Regression
Chris Hemsworth and either Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain, or Charlize Theron/The Huntsman: Winter's War
Liam Hemsworth and either Maika Monroe or Jessie Usher/Independence Day: Resurgence
Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell/Solace
Ice Cube and either Kevin Hart or Olivia Munn/Ride Along 2
Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt/Passengers
Harley Quinn Smith and Lily-Rose Depp/Yoga Hosers
Kevin Spacey and either Jennifer Garner, Christopher Walken, or the cat he voices/Nine Lives*
Brent Spiner and John Storey/Independence Day: Resurgence

Travis Tope and Angelababy/Independence Day: Resurgence
Mia Wasikowska and Johnny Depp/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Shailene Woodley and Theo James/The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Nicolas Wright and DeObia Oparei/Independence Day: Resurgence

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Bad Santa 2
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ben-Hur
The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Fifty Shades of Black
Ghostbusters
God's Not Dead 2
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Ice Age: Collision Course
Independence Day: Resurgence*
Inferno
London Has Fallen
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Ride Along 2
Suicide Squad
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Zoolander 2

Worst Director

Alejandro Amenabar/Regression
David Ayer/Suicide Squad
Timur Bekmambetov/Ben-Hur
James Bobin/Alice Through the Looking Glass
Roland Emmerich/Independence Day: Resurgence*
Ben Falcone/The Boss
Dan Mazer/Dirty Grandpa
Babak Najafi/London Has Fallen
Tyler Perry/Boo! A Madea Halloween
Alex Proyas/Gods of Egypt

Kevin Smith/Yoga Hosers
Zack Snyder/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Barry Sonnenfeld/Nine Lives

Ben Stiller/Zoolander 2
Michael Tiddes/Fifty Shades of Black

Worst Screenplay

Alice Through the Looking Glass (Written by Linda Woolverton; Based on the characters by Lewis Carroll)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer; Based on Batman by Bob Kane and Bill Finger; Based on Superman by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster)
Ben-Hur (Screenplay by Keith R. Clarke and John Ridley; Based on Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ by Lew Wallace)
The Boss (Written by Ben Falcone, Steve Mallory, and Melissa McCarthy)
Collateral Beauty (Written by Allan Loeb)
Dirty Grandpa (Written by John M. Phillips)
Fifty Shades of Black (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
Gods of Egypt (Written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless)
The Huntsman: Winter's War (Written by Evan Spiliotopoulos and Craig Mazin; Based on the characters by Evan Daugherty; Based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen; Based on Snow White by The Brothers Grimm)
Independence Day: Resurgence (Screenplay by Roland Emmerich, Dean Devlin, Nicolas Wright, James A. Woods, and James Vanderbilt; Story by Roland Emmerich, Dean Devlin, Nicolas Wright, and James A. Woods; Based on the characters by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin)
London Has Fallen (Screenplay by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, Chad St. John, and Christian Gudegast; Story by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt; Based on the characters by Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Written by Nia Vardalos)
Nine Lives (Written by Gwyn Lurie, Matt R. Allen, Caleb Wilson, Daniel Antoniazzi, and Ben Shiffrin)*
Passengers (Written by Jon Spaihts)
Solace (Screenplay by Ted Griffin and Sean Bailey)
Suicide Squad (Written by David Ayer; Based on the characters by DC Comics)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Written by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec; Based on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird)
Zoolander 2 (Written by John Hamburg, Ben Stiller, Nicholas Stoller, and Justin Theroux; Based on the characters by Drake Sather and Ben Stiller)

Okay oiram, I'll play along; care to tell me (and the other posters here) WHY exactly:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Margot Robbie is in the Worst Actress category (when she's a Supporting Actress in both films anyway), but NOT Zoe Saldana for the critically slammed Nina?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     You have Goldblum and Pullman for ID4#2 in the Supporting category, when Judd Hirsch & esp. Brent Spiner are so much WORSE!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     There's no Woody Harrelson (who I'm usually a big fan of, so it kinda sucks for me to admit this) in the 'twin brother' role in Now You See #2 (by FAR the worst in his career), which is a MUST for a nomination, along with Jason Mantzoukas in Dirty Grandpa...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Unless Johnny Depp and Kevin Smith's daughters are conjoined in that awful Yoga Hosers, WHY are they listed together for Worst Actress and not separately (which they both deserve BTW, esp. HQS)?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I'm all ears for your responses...
[...]

You know, I get this feeling that you are not satisfied unless everything aligns with what YOU think. Unless everything aligns with what YOU think, you are going to claim that I or anyone else did not "do it right." This makes you no better than someone who says "if you voted for this presidential candidate instead of the other one, you are retarded and evil", instead of simply agreeing to disagree and moving on. Seriously, have you ever heard of OPINIONS? Look that up in the dictionary, because this is not science or nature, we are talking about MOVIES, and in the world of MOVIES, OPINIONS are going to exist. Someone can call an Oscar winning movie one of the most awful POS' ever created, while someone can call a Razzie winning movie one of the best they have ever seen. There can be a majority consensus of what is good or bad in movies, but not everyone is going to agree with what the majority says and vice versa. If everyone agreed with everything, what kind of world would we be living in?

But you say you wanna play along, then I'll play along with you, and I must warn you, you caught me on the wrong day because I am not in the best of moods.

First, about Robbie: I'll admit, the Tarzan one is a bit iffy, but I felt like she had enough scenes in the movie that it was at least debatable. But Suicide Squad?... I'm sorry, but did you forget she is playing Harley Quinn, the MOST POPULAR MEMBER OF THE SUICIDE SQUAD?! Besides that fact alone, she had just the same amount of scenes, if not more, as Will Smith/Deadshot, giving her more "character development" and an "arc" than... well, everyone else who is not Will Smith. Plus, as far as acting goes, I felt she did a poor Harley Quinn impression, the accent was on and off and it felt like she was just acting, not being, if you know what I mean. So to say that she is a "Supporting Actress" in Suicide Squad is not correct in my mind. Despite what I said, if you think she is a Supporting Actress, then go ahead and attempt to nominate her as such. That would be your OPINION and I would respect that, but don't get in a hissy fit and claim that others are "wrong" for not considering her in that category.

As for Zoe Saldana, I have explained this before on the forums, but since you conveniently did not notice or forgot, I'll explain it again. Zoe Saldana, as well as Nina in general, is in a position where the release was not done the "correct" way. It needs to play in a certain number of theaters as well as play in either New York or Los Angeles, as well as not be released on video on demand or stream before that time or at the same time. Since that last part is definitely true, it can't be nominated, or at least that is what it seems like. Believe me, I do want to get the movie nominated. You even saw that I attempted to suggest it for a Barry L. Bumstead award, but it sounds like it is not going to be nominated. Now while these lists are my OPINION, I try to at least make them align with what the Razzies seem to be focused on, and sometimes a more focused view makes things less cluttered, which make sense. However, there is always that small chance that Zoe Saldana will end up on the ballots anyways, as that sometimes happens, like with Heigl last year even though the movie did not follow the technical qualifications to get nominated. If Zoe Saldana does end up on the ballots, yes, I will nominate her and I will want her to win, cross my heart and hope to die. But if her name does not end up on the ballots, then the crusade has to end there because, as far as I know, there has never been a write-in that made the top five nominees in any category of the Razzies.

So about Hirsch and Spiner/Goldblum and Pullman, this is where OPINIONS come in. If you were to ask me, Goldblum and Pullman felt like they were just phoning it in/going through the motions while Hirsch and Spiner were at least somewhat interesting to watch. I might have added Hirsch and Spiner in if I had more room, but I ran out. HeadRAZZ has mentioned that he tries to keep the number of contenders in categories low because, otherwise, that would dilute the results, and I do think there is some merit to what he says. Again, if you think Hirsch and Spiner are worse, then campaign for them, but do it with the actual committee, because they matter more than I do. Doing with me is rather pointless, all things considered.

Also, it's not like I completely left them out, both Hirsch and Spiner made my contenders of Worse Screen Combo, with Hirsch being up there with Goldblum and Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Spiner with John Storey. Matter of fact, the bold indicates that I want Spiner and Storey to be nominated for Worst Screen Combo, meaning Spiner would be nominated. I want this because it was supposed to be a big deal that a gay couple was represented in this “blockbuster” sequel, but no one really registered with it and believed it, including myself. When you can't even get homophobes to rage, you know you failed in making an impact.

Speaking of Worst Screen Combo, I could not get Harrelson up in Supporting because, again, I ran out of room, but I have him up in Worst Screen Combo with himself, which in my OPINION is more suitable and funny. Also, regarding Mantzoukas, I actually felt Adam Pally was more annoying in Dirty Grandpa, but even then, couldn't have either of them up on my list because, again, I ran out of room on my OWN list.

Now about Depp and Smith's daughters, you do know that this has been done before, right? Did you forget about Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Hillary and Haylie Duff, Shawn and Marlon Wayans (twice), not to mentioned quartets/quintets nominated for Bratz, The Women, and Sex and the City 2? Basically, what I'm saying here is that it was done before, so why not do it again?

And as I have said in most of these paragraphs, this is my OWN OPINION! You are free to have your own OPINION, in fact I am encouraging it. But if you really think my list is going to actually end up swaying the Razzies into something you don't want, I am just going to tell you it is not. Haven't you notice that the official ballots that have been released have included potential nominees NO ONE asked for? That should be great proof that you should not worry about my list. I only post these lists to make things a little more interesting here. You can disagree with my choices if you want, and you can try to sway the actual committee into choosing what you want, but do not pretend that I or anyone else is lesser than you because you have different OPINIONS. Believe me, I have felt the same way you have some years ago, but I grew up a little. We are humans, we have OPINIONS, and when it comes to something like movies, you have to try your hardest to respect them.
Please let Robert De Niro finally be nominated for Worst Actor.

Please do not Razz Ben Affleck this year, at least, because there are others more deserving.

If no one will make this a quote, I will: Emily Blunt played the worst ice based character since Martin Short as Jack Frost and, before that, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Vits
Oiram, is there smoke coming out of your keyboard?

I agree that Margot is the co-lead in both movies. Not to mention that she got top billing. Joined nominations tend to be for siblings or bands. Putting together the actresses from BRATZ and SEX AND THE CITY was to save space, but is that necessary with YOGA HOSERS? Is the category too crowded?
Follow me at @Vits_Chile

Re: FINAL BALLOTS FOR RAZZIES.

Vits wrote
Oiram, is there smoke coming out of your keyboard?

I agree that Margot is the co-lead in both movies. Not to mention that she got top billing. Joined nominations tend to be for siblings or bands. Putting together the actresses from BRATZ and SEX AND THE CITY was to save space, but is that necessary with YOGA HOSERS? Is the category too crowded?
Eh, basically if something is a same sex duo that is together most of the movie and marketed as a duo or having some special connection, I would put them together unless one of them has another movie coming out that looks like it is just as bad or worse.

About my post above, Vits, I just got tired of his constant complaining about who "clearly needs" to be on my own list. It's like he thinks I am a robot that needs reprogramming. I understand if he is upset at how the Razzies operate, but it almost seems like he thinks I'm the root of the problem he has with the Razzies, but I am not, just a voter who has his own opinions like you, or GTAHater, or Dun-Ida, or DTLizard, or Miguel, or anyone else.