Did U C Now You See Me #2??

#1 Razzie Fan
Instead of last week's Razzie pick, I'd have chosen yet another failed, unnecessary 2016 sequel - NOW YOU SEE ME 2, which according to both critics at Rotten Tomatoes and box office numbers at B.O. Mojo, should be under Razzie consideration...

What do you other Razzie forum members think???

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

RAZZIEmanJohnWilson
This post was updated on .
As we used to do on our previous website, I plan to post links for any specific titles under discussion here.

Here are the relevant links for Now You See Me 2:

OFFICIAL TRAILER on YouTube

REVIEWS at Rotten Tomatoes

GROSSES at Box Office MoJo

COMPLETE CREDITS at IMDb

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE...

We encourage you to check out these links, and to post whatever thoughts you may have on this film...ENJOY!

John Wilson, RAZZIE Awards

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

BadMovieMaven
On the subject of bad movie sequels in 2016 (and how many of them are bombing at the box office) here's a link to read a relevant article on the Business Insider website.

This info must have Hollywood insiders quaking in their Ugs -- and it also bodes well for the Razzies having an "embarrassment of riches" when it comes to contenders for this year's Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel category!

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Chris Bumbray's review.

Richard Roeper's video review.

Jeremy Jahns's video review.

WHAT THE FLICK's video review.

Raj Rawal's video review.
RAZZIEmanJohnWilson wrote
As we sued to do on our previous website, I plan to post links for any specific titles under discussion here.

Here are the relevant links for Now You See Me 2:

OFFICIAL TRAILER on YouTube

REVIEWS at Rotten Tomatoes

GROSSES at Box Office MoJo

COMPLETE CREDITS at IMDb

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE...

We encourage you to check out these links, and to post whatever thoughts you may have on this film...

John Wilson, RAZZIE Awards
HeadRAZZ! You're back!

I see you changed your username. I guess we won't call you HeadRAZZ anymore. By the way, the R.T. consensus (the link you posted) reads: "It packs in even more twists and turns than its predecessor, but in the end, it has even less hiding up its sleeve."

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

I was planning to make a thread for this, but I'm glad someone beat me to it. Probably the first "official" movie thread in a while. If GTAHater thought this was not worth a forum, he was sadly mistaken. Seems like we have THREE members with "Razzie" in their name, which I'm pretty sure means that they are members that have close ties to the website. Also good to see "the man formerly known as HeadRAZZ" back.

Now about the film itself, I have heard that Razzie winner Woody Harrelson plays his character from the first film and also that characters brother. The latter has been said to be extremely annoying. Not sure if he can be nominated for that, maybe as Worst Screen Combo for himself.

I also wonder, would anyone consider Jesse Eisenberg as lead here, or should he be bundled as supporting with Batman v Superman?

Then there is, of course, Daniel Radcliffe, whose Harry Potter co-star, Emma Watson, is already considered for the Razzies. Then there is Morgan Freeman, who is already in trouble for London Has Fallen and is already being made fun of for the remake of Ben-Hur.

I'd say this fits in well for the Razzies.
Worst Actor - Matt Damon (nom) (Been called uninteresting and is also accused of promoting a white savior movie. Also since his buddy Ben Affleck has been nominated multiple times, why not him?), Johnny Depp (Just imagine the cruel irony of winning for the role that original got him his first Oscar nom.), Jamie Dornan (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Tom Hanks (nom) (He managed to avoid a nom for decades, BurnHollywoodBurn from years back even described him as "Un-Razz-able", but considering how much of a let down The Circle was and how he didn't bring much to it, maybe his time is now. Plus, he'd be interesting to nominate, and it's be weird to have Watson and not him too.), Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (nom)(Not only did his movie pretty much flop, but he ends up complaining about the criticism on Twitter! Plus, he's been nominated before and Jumanji doesn't look so hot either.), and Mark Wahlberg (nom) (If this is his last "hurrah" in the Transformers movies, maybe he should get a nom as extra motivation to stay away. Marky Mark doesn't want to become a repeat offender, does he?)

Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl (SHE MUST WIN!), Scarlett Johansson (nom) (Starred in two box-office bombs, one of them with the stigma of whitewashing. Plus it'd be interesting to have her.), Dakota Johnson (nom) (Won for the role last time, need I say more?), Milla Jovovich (nom) (Considering that the last outing got her a nom, maybe she'll receive another one.), Amy Schumer (nom) (Not only has her humor been described as getting scale and one-note, but she's been labeling any criticisms of that as "evil conservatives" to try and dismiss them, and now this led up a movie that is not so well received for many reasons, not the least of which being that she did not bring the funny, and did pretty poorly at the box-office.), and Emma Watson (nom) (While starring in, at this point, the highest grossing movies of the year, she also stars in one of the biggest disappointments of the year. Could be something to pounce on.)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom) (He does not lend much to the movie he stars in, and the special effects on him make his performance look worse!), Anthony Hopkins (If he is nominated, he'll break a Razzie record. If he wins, he'll break TWO records!), Eric Johnson (nom) (Basically used to make Christian Grey look less bad by comparison!), Ben Kingsley (nom) (Not only a Razzie repeat offender, but his character in Collide keeps watching the Razzie nominated movie Perfect and keeps talking almost creepily about Razzie perennial Burt Reynolds!), Rob Lowe (nom) (Previously won a Razzie in this category, why not nominate him again if he's going to appear in films like Monster Trucks.), and John Turturro (nom) (He has made the ballots for the Transformers movies before, but always gets shut out. Maybe this will be his chance at a nom.)

Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger (Basically in this movie because 9 1/2 Weeks, her first Razzie nomination.), Faye Dunaway (nom) (Razzie perennial Dunaway is attempting to make a big comeback, but starting off with The Bye Bye Man, not to mention being a part of the Best Picture flub at the Oscars, things do not look good for her.), Laura Haddock (nom) (She seems to be a good actress, but when put into a Bay movie where she has to look pretty while being a scientist, Star-Lord's mom cannot pull it off.), Marcia Gay Harden (nom) (Jane Seymour got a nomination for the parody version of the role, so why not the real thing?), Goldie Hawn (nom) (Making her big-screen comeback in Snatched... a movie which stunk and she stunk in it, a surefire way to receive a second nom in this category.), and Isabela Moner (nom) (Comes off as a preachy character, more than likely going to annoy some.)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom) (Going to go down in history as the most Razzie nominated director thanks to these Transformers movies. I would not be surprised if he wins.), James Foley (Previous Razzie nominee has returned after about three decades to director the sequel to the Razzie winning Fifty Shades of Grey. I'd say he has this in the bag.), Alex Kurtzman (nom) (Speaking of Transformers, one of the Razzie winning writers of the first and second one tried to start a cinematic universe, and boy howdy, did it get off to a rocky start!), Guy Ritchie (nom) (Speaking of cinematic universes, previous Razzie winner and husband of Madonna tried to start one too, and man did it turn out messy!), Chris Wedge (nom) (Going from animation to live-action and came out with a write-off... yeah...), and Zhang Yimou (nom) (Even with his stylized directing, he could not make the characters interesting, or those lizard creatures look convincing.)

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
Andrés Nazarala R. (2/7): "Everything happens on a frantic pace that fights plausibility and doesn't allow us to even swallow the popcorn calmly. This is the closest film can be from a rollercoaster. The problem is that the trip is 2 hours long and all the movement can devolve into monotony. The paradoxes of speed. IDEAL FOR: Magicians and thieves."

Gabriel Bahamondes (2/6): "It's equally loud, pompous, over-the top and sloppy. [...] In order to enjoy this film, one needs to ignore the huge flaws in the script and some noticeable plot holes and just enter the game of tricks that aren't tricks and magic as a synonym of special effects."

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
Ernesto Garratt V. (3/5): "Plenty of exhausting and useless plot twists that can confuse the unwary inside a script that's somewhat confusing and that relies on, instead of a real-made dramatic storyline, short cuts that don't help much. Like Woody Harrelson's crass twin brother pulled from under the sleeve. Despite everything, Mark Ruffalo does magic with how little he gets for this sequel's basic goal: Pure entertainment."

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Supporting Actor for Woody Harrelson.
-Worst Screen Couple for Harrelson and Harrelson.
Oh, and maybe Worst Supporting Actor for Jesse Eisenberg (also for BATMAN V SUPERMAN) and for Morgan Freeman (also for LONDON HAS FALLEN). But not:
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
Everything wrong with this movie.

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Tsarstepan
I was returning three DVDs to the library yesterday and saw a copy of NYSM2 on the shelf.  I balked yesterday because I hated the first.  I wasn't in the mood to inflict this potential crapquel on myself yesterday or any time this week.

I will check the library tomorrow to see if it's still there.

I expect it will get my Razzie related ire when I do get around to witnessing that horror.

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Razzies are the Worst
Woody Harrelson as the douchey twin brother is a MUST for a WSA nomination
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson