Did U C Now You See Me #2??

#1 Razzie Fan
Instead of last week's Razzie pick, I'd have chosen yet another failed, unnecessary 2016 sequel - NOW YOU SEE ME 2, which according to both critics at Rotten Tomatoes and box office numbers at B.O. Mojo, should be under Razzie consideration...

What do you other Razzie forum members think???

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

RAZZIEmanJohnWilson
This post was updated on .
As we used to do on our previous website, I plan to post links for any specific titles under discussion here.

Here are the relevant links for Now You See Me 2:

OFFICIAL TRAILER on YouTube

REVIEWS at Rotten Tomatoes

GROSSES at Box Office MoJo

COMPLETE CREDITS at IMDb

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE...

We encourage you to check out these links, and to post whatever thoughts you may have on this film...ENJOY!

John Wilson, RAZZIE Awards

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

BadMovieMaven
On the subject of bad movie sequels in 2016 (and how many of them are bombing at the box office) here's a link to read a relevant article on the Business Insider website.

This info must have Hollywood insiders quaking in their Ugs -- and it also bodes well for the Razzies having an "embarrassment of riches" when it comes to contenders for this year's Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel category!

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Chris Bumbray's review.

Richard Roeper's video review.

Jeremy Jahns's video review.

WHAT THE FLICK's video review.

Raj Rawal's video review.
RAZZIEmanJohnWilson wrote
As we sued to do on our previous website, I plan to post links for any specific titles under discussion here.

Here are the relevant links for Now You See Me 2:

OFFICIAL TRAILER on YouTube

REVIEWS at Rotten Tomatoes

GROSSES at Box Office MoJo

COMPLETE CREDITS at IMDb

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE...

We encourage you to check out these links, and to post whatever thoughts you may have on this film...

John Wilson, RAZZIE Awards
HeadRAZZ! You're back!

I see you changed your username. I guess we won't call you HeadRAZZ anymore. By the way, the R.T. consensus (the link you posted) reads: "It packs in even more twists and turns than its predecessor, but in the end, it has even less hiding up its sleeve."

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

I was planning to make a thread for this, but I'm glad someone beat me to it. Probably the first "official" movie thread in a while. If GTAHater thought this was not worth a forum, he was sadly mistaken. Seems like we have THREE members with "Razzie" in their name, which I'm pretty sure means that they are members that have close ties to the website. Also good to see "the man formerly known as HeadRAZZ" back.

Now about the film itself, I have heard that Razzie winner Woody Harrelson plays his character from the first film and also that characters brother. The latter has been said to be extremely annoying. Not sure if he can be nominated for that, maybe as Worst Screen Combo for himself.

I also wonder, would anyone consider Jesse Eisenberg as lead here, or should he be bundled as supporting with Batman v Superman?

Then there is, of course, Daniel Radcliffe, whose Harry Potter co-star, Emma Watson, is already considered for the Razzies. Then there is Morgan Freeman, who is already in trouble for London Has Fallen and is already being made fun of for the remake of Ben-Hur.

I'd say this fits in well for the Razzies.

Worst Picture - Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (nom), The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Actor - Tom Cruise (nom), Matt Damon (nom), Johnny Depp, Jamie Dornan (nom), Charlie Hunnam (nom), and Charlie Sheen (nom)
Worst Actress - Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Anna Kendrick (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)
Worst Supporting Actor - Mel Gibson (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), J. K. Simmons (nom), and John Turturro (nom)
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger, Faye Dunaway (nom), Laura Haddock (nom), Goldie Hawn (nom), Isabela Moner (nom), and Rebel Wilson (nom)
Worst Screen Combo - Any two robots, actors, or robotic actors (nom), Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, or Annabelle Wallis (nom), The Entire Cast of Fifty Shades Darker, The Entire Cast of 9/11 (nom), The Entire Voice Cast of The Emoji Movie (nom), and Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn/Snatched (nom)
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Baywatch (nom), CHiPs (nom), The Emoji Movie (Rip-Off of Inside Out, The Lego Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph) (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Tyler Perry (nom), and Guy Ritchie (nom)
Worst Screenplay - The Emoji Movie (nom), Fifty Shades Darker, The Mummy (nom), 9/11 (nom), Suburbicon (nom), and Transformers: The Last Knight (nom)
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
AndrĂ©s Nazarala R. (2/7): "Everything happens on a frantic pace that fights plausibility and doesn't allow us to even swallow the popcorn calmly. This is the closest film can be from a rollercoaster. The problem is that the trip is 2 hours long and all the movement can devolve into monotony. The paradoxes of speed. IDEAL FOR: Magicians and thieves."

Gabriel Bahamondes (2/6): "It's equally loud, pompous, over-the top and sloppy. [...] In order to enjoy this film, one needs to ignore the huge flaws in the script and some noticeable plot holes and just enter the game of tricks that aren't tricks and magic as a synonym of special effects."

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
Ernesto Garratt V. (3/5): "Plenty of exhausting and useless plot twists that can confuse the unwary inside a script that's somewhat confusing and that relies on, instead of a real-made dramatic storyline, short cuts that don't help much. Like Woody Harrelson's crass twin brother pulled from under the sleeve. Despite everything, Mark Ruffalo does magic with how little he gets for this sequel's basic goal: Pure entertainment."

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Supporting Actor for Woody Harrelson.
-Worst Screen Couple for Harrelson and Harrelson.
Oh, and maybe Worst Supporting Actor for Jesse Eisenberg (also for BATMAN V SUPERMAN) and for Morgan Freeman (also for LONDON HAS FALLEN). But not:
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
-Worst Picture.

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Vits
Everything wrong with this movie.

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Tsarstepan
I was returning three DVDs to the library yesterday and saw a copy of NYSM2 on the shelf.  I balked yesterday because I hated the first.  I wasn't in the mood to inflict this potential crapquel on myself yesterday or any time this week.

I will check the library tomorrow to see if it's still there.

I expect it will get my Razzie related ire when I do get around to witnessing that horror.

Ennui (and terrible movies) are my default state of being.

Re: Did U C Now You See Me #2??

Razzies are the Worst
Woody Harrelson as the douchey twin brother is a MUST for a WSA nomination
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson