2017's likely Razzie contenders

1 ... 35363738

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
What's less necessary: This, this, this, this or this?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
I'll say that the last one could have some promise.

So, I started thinking... Since Harvey Weinstein has so much controversy at the moment... Could we give him a Worst Career Achievement award? If not, maybe Michael Bay could get one for Most Razzie Nominated Director.

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
I don't think he deserves it. Most of the movies he has worked in are good. I think a joke/sketch about him during the ceremony will be enough.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
This is surprising.

Tyler Perry as COLIN POWELL: Yay or nay?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
The guy looks more like Denzel Washington than he does Tyler Perry.

Also, I'd say both are unnecessary.

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
Harvey Weinstein has been expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.  Also, "The Current War" has been postponed to 2018.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

ONLY THE BRAVE has received positive early reviews. THE KILLING OF A SACRED DEER has already received a positive consensus. LEATHERFACE has received mixed early reviews and THE SNOWMAN has received negative early reviews. We should focus on them, as well as GEOSTORM, BOO 2: A MADEA HALLOWEEN* and SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME.

*Shouldn't it be BOO: A MADEA HALLOWEEN 2?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
I don't think "Leatherface" is going to get much attention because it's in limited release and it was made available for streaming back in September (on DirecTV, will be available on other services upon its theatrical release).  "Geostorm" and "Boo 2!" were both in the Top 6 on my "Most Likely to Fail" poll (and feature Razzie perennials) and "The Snowman" and "Same Kind of Different as Me" both feature Oscar winners.  Those four look pretty juicy.

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
CinemaBlend's Tomatometer Predictions for the week of October 20, 2017:

Geostorm - 30%
Only the Brave - 95%
The Snowman - 19%
Same Kind of Different as Me - 20%