2017's likely Razzie contenders

1 ... 30313233343536 ... 56

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Maybe the second one?
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
Jonathan Pryce as POPE FRANCIS: Yay or nay?
oiram wrote
Maybe the second one?
You're not sure?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Vits wrote
oiram wrote
Maybe the second one?
You're not sure?
Well, I was thinking both sounded unnecessary, but since Andy Muschietti was involved in the first one and he apparently did a fantastic job on It, I feel that maybe there is a chance.
Worst Picture - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Actor - Johnny Depp
Worst Actress - Katherine Heigl
Worst Supporting Actor - Anthony Hopkins
Worst Supporting Actress - Kim Basinger
Worst Screen Combo - Any combination of two characters, two sex toys or two sexual positions
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel - Fifty Shades Darker
Worst Director - James Foley
Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
Earlier this week, WatchMojo.com made a list of the Top 10 Signs That A Movie Is Going To Suck: LINK.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
What's less necessary: This or this?
oiram wrote
since Andy Muschietti was involved in the first one
No, he wasn't.
MiguelAntilsu wrote
Earlier this week, WatchMojo.com made a list of the Top 10 Signs That A Movie Is Going To Suck: LINK.
#9 OLD DOGS is about middle-aged men, not old men; DIRTY GRANDPA is about just 1 old man.
#7 THE FOUNDER isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#4 THE KARATE KID 2010 isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#1 THE GOLDEN COMPASS isn't considered to be a bad movie. SPIDER-MAN PART 3 is, but only by fans, not critics.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Vits wrote
oiram wrote
since Andy Muschietti was involved in the first one
No, he wasn't.
What do you mean he wasn't? The title said: "Dracula Prequel in Development at Paramount With 'It' Director Andy Muschietti"
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Exactly. Andy didn't work in DRACULA 1992. He hadn't even began working in movies at the time.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
I didn't say he worked on Dracula 1992. When I said "first one", I meant of the two articles you gave me, with the "second one" being the one involving Martin Campbell.

I hope I did not sound angry there, and I hope I didn't make you angry. It's all good, right?

Well, anyways, I had this bad thought in my mind... what if no reviews are released for 9/11? What are we supposed to do then?
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
Oops!

No, I didn't think you were angry.

If no reviews are released by Friday, we can assume 9/11 is bad enough to deserve a forum. I'm sure Miguel will agree with me, based on the video he posted. If it turns out to be good, we still have HOME AGAIN and FALLEN.

#9 OLD DOGS is about middle-aged men, not old men; DIRTY GRANDPA is about just 1 old man.
#7 THE FOUNDER isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#4 THE KARATE KID 2010 isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#1 THE GOLDEN COMPASS isn't considered to be a bad movie. SPIDER-MAN PART 3 is, but only by fans, not critics.
WatchMojo, like too many other net sites, likes to put out their 'own facts', or what everyone else knows as 'bald-face lies'...
Jennifer Lawrence & Michelle Pfeiffer are way better at acting than HeadRazztard is at doing ANYTHING!

"9/11" is guilty of No. 6 and No. 5.  However, there may need to be a groundswell of opinion in order for it to be nominated.  Its marketing campaign is low-profile and it's only available on around 400 screens.  As far as I can tell, the only award I can see it competing for is the Barry L. Bumstead Award.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu wrote
"9/11" is guilty of No. 6 and No. 5.  However, there may need to be a groundswell of opinion in order for it to be nominated.  Its marketing campaign is low-profile and it's only available on around 400 screens.  As far as I can tell, the only award I can see it competing for is the Barry L. Bumstead Award.
Well, last I checked, HeadRAZZ has said that a movie needs to be show in LA and/or NYC in order to be considered eligible. If it does that, then there is no problem. However, even if it doesn't, it is always possible that the rules could be bent if it's bad enough anyways. They did that with Ghosts Can't Do It.

EDIT: Actually, there was a screening for the movie in LA: LINK
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

The Venice Festival winners.

Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
MOTHER has received positive early reviews and BRAD'S STATUS doesn't look like an obvious contender. Meanwhile, WOODSTOCK has received negative early reviews. We should focus on it, as well as AMERICAN ASSASSIN and VENGEANCE: A LOVE STORY.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vheid
Oiram, would you mind shortening your signature? I use the mobile version of the forum and then i need to scroll past a lot of text everytime just too see the next post.
My votes:
W. Picture/Director/Screenplay: Emoji Movie
W. Actor: T. Cruise
W. Actress: K. Heigl
W. Sup. Actor: M. Gibson
W. Sup. Actress: S. Boutella
W. remake/sequel: Baywatch
W. Screen Combo: I honestly can't remember

Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Is Rotten Tomatoes destroying Hollywood?

Worst Screenplay - Fifty Shades Darker
Redeemer: M. Night Shyamalan

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

GTAHater
Did they say anything about Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic in tandem? I've always thought they, taken together, were the most reliable statistics for measuring films since Y2K. 40 through 59% may be "rotten" at Rotten T because it falls beneath the B Minus boundary for Fresh approval ratings, but at Metacritic, it indicates Mixed or Average reviews. That implies the film goer's mileage may vary, and/or that even if a filmgoer might not think it's anything special, they most likely won't mind the film at the end of the day. Has Hollywood forgotten the meaning of a neutral outlook?
1 ... 30313233343536 ... 56