2017's likely Razzie contenders

1 ... 30313233343536 ... 56

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Maybe the second one?
Worst Picture
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin
Worst Actor
Jamie Dornan, Vincent Lindon, John Travolta, David A. R. White, Bruce Willis
Worst Actress
Taraji P. Henson, Bryce Dallas Howard, Izïa Higelin, Dakota Johnson, Helen Mirren
Worst Supporting Actor
Eric Johnson, Steven Seagal, Justice Smith, Mike Tyson, Billy Zane
Worst Supporting Actress
Séverine Caneele, Marcia Gay Harden, Tatum O’Neal, Kelly Preston, Elisabeth Shue
Worst Screen Combo
Any combination of two characters, two sex toys (including ice cream), or two sexual positions, The entire cast of God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Vincent Lindon and either Izïa Higelin, Severine Caneele, or any piece of clay, plaster, wax, charcoal or naked woman he touches, John Travolta and either Spencer Lofranco or Kelly Preston, Bruce Willis and either Camila Morrone, Elizabeth Shue, or his guns
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Death Wish, Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2
Worst Director
Kevin Connolly, Jacques Doillon, James Foley, Tyler Perry, Eli Roth
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
Jonathan Pryce as POPE FRANCIS: Yay or nay?
oiram wrote
Maybe the second one?
You're not sure?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Vits wrote
oiram wrote
Maybe the second one?
You're not sure?
Well, I was thinking both sounded unnecessary, but since Andy Muschietti was involved in the first one and he apparently did a fantastic job on It, I feel that maybe there is a chance.
Worst Screenplay

MiguelAntilsu
Earlier this week, WatchMojo.com made a list of the Top 10 Signs That A Movie Is Going To Suck: LINK.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
What's less necessary: This or this?
oiram wrote
since Andy Muschietti was involved in the first one
No, he wasn't.
MiguelAntilsu wrote
Earlier this week, WatchMojo.com made a list of the Top 10 Signs That A Movie Is Going To Suck: LINK.
#9 OLD DOGS is about middle-aged men, not old men; DIRTY GRANDPA is about just 1 old man.
#7 THE FOUNDER isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#4 THE KARATE KID 2010 isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#1 THE GOLDEN COMPASS isn't considered to be a bad movie. SPIDER-MAN PART 3 is, but only by fans, not critics.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Vits wrote
oiram wrote
since Andy Muschietti was involved in the first one
No, he wasn't.
What do you mean he wasn't? The title said: "Dracula Prequel in Development at Paramount With 'It' Director Andy Muschietti"
Worst Screenplay

Exactly. Andy didn't work in DRACULA 1992. He hadn't even began working in movies at the time.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
I didn't say he worked on Dracula 1992. When I said "first one", I meant of the two articles you gave me, with the "second one" being the one involving Martin Campbell.

I hope I did not sound angry there, and I hope I didn't make you angry. It's all good, right?

Well, anyways, I had this bad thought in my mind... what if no reviews are released for 9/11? What are we supposed to do then?
Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
Oops!

No, I didn't think you were angry.

If no reviews are released by Friday, we can assume 9/11 is bad enough to deserve a forum. I'm sure Miguel will agree with me, based on the video he posted. If it turns out to be good, we still have HOME AGAIN and FALLEN.

#9 OLD DOGS is about middle-aged men, not old men; DIRTY GRANDPA is about just 1 old man.
#7 THE FOUNDER isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#4 THE KARATE KID 2010 isn't considered to be a bad movie.
#1 THE GOLDEN COMPASS isn't considered to be a bad movie. SPIDER-MAN PART 3 is, but only by fans, not critics.
WatchMojo, like too many other net sites, likes to put out their 'own facts', or what everyone else knows as 'bald-face lies'...
The TRULY Worst of 2017: 9/11, Boo 2!, The Bye Bye Man, CHIPs, Diary of a Wimpy Kid #4, THE EMOJI MOVIE, Flatliners, Geostorm, The Snowman, TRANSFORMERS 5

"9/11" is guilty of No. 6 and No. 5.  However, there may need to be a groundswell of opinion in order for it to be nominated.  Its marketing campaign is low-profile and it's only available on around 400 screens.  As far as I can tell, the only award I can see it competing for is the Barry L. Bumstead Award.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu wrote
"9/11" is guilty of No. 6 and No. 5.  However, there may need to be a groundswell of opinion in order for it to be nominated.  Its marketing campaign is low-profile and it's only available on around 400 screens.  As far as I can tell, the only award I can see it competing for is the Barry L. Bumstead Award.
Well, last I checked, HeadRAZZ has said that a movie needs to be show in LA and/or NYC in order to be considered eligible. If it does that, then there is no problem. However, even if it doesn't, it is always possible that the rules could be bent if it's bad enough anyways. They did that with Ghosts Can't Do It.

EDIT: Actually, there was a screening for the movie in LA: LINK
Worst Screenplay

The Venice Festival winners.

Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
MOTHER has received positive early reviews and BRAD'S STATUS doesn't look like an obvious contender. Meanwhile, WOODSTOCK has received negative early reviews. We should focus on it, as well as AMERICAN ASSASSIN and VENGEANCE: A LOVE STORY.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vheid
Oiram, would you mind shortening your signature? I use the mobile version of the forum and then i need to scroll past a lot of text everytime just too see the next post.
For links to every discussion thread started on this forum so far, see the list of every 2018 release so far

Worst Screenplay

Is Rotten Tomatoes destroying Hollywood?

Worst Screenplay
Fifty Shades Freed, God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, Gotti, Rodin, Show Dogs

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

GTAHater
Did they say anything about Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic in tandem? I've always thought they, taken together, were the most reliable statistics for measuring films since Y2K. 40 through 59% may be "rotten" at Rotten T because it falls beneath the B Minus boundary for Fresh approval ratings, but at Metacritic, it indicates Mixed or Average reviews. That implies the film goer's mileage may vary, and/or that even if a filmgoer might not think it's anything special, they most likely won't mind the film at the end of the day. Has Hollywood forgotten the meaning of a neutral outlook?
1 ... 30313233343536 ... 56