2017's likely Razzie contenders

1 ... 26272829303132 ... 38

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
I wasn't expecting "The Dark Tower" to get slammed.  It's probably not a frontrunner for the Razzie for Worst Picture, but it is a contender for the Methane Movie Award for Most Disappointing Film.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Marwan Kenzari and Teagan Croft as JAFAR and RAVEN: Yay or nay?

What's less necessary: This or this?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
In a bit of interesting news, Razzie winner Megan Fox, Razzie nominee Andy Samberg, and Razzie prospect Maya Rudolph were guest judges on last night's episode of ABC's revival of "The Gong Show".

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
Oh, snap!
MiguelAntilsu wrote
In a bit of interesting news, Razzie winner Megan Fox, Razzie nominee Andy Samberg, and Razzie prospect Maya Rudolph were guest judges on last night's episode of ABC's revival of "The Gong Show".
1) I don't watch it. What happened?
2) Why is she a Razzie prospect?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

The Karate Kid one sounds intriguing to me, so I'd say the first one, Vits. Also, Maya Rudolph may be a Razzie prospect due to CHiPs, The Emoji Movie, and possibly The Nut Job 2.

MiguelAntilsu wrote
I wasn't expecting "The Dark Tower" to get slammed.  It's probably not a frontrunner for the Razzie for Worst Picture, but it is a contender for the Methane Movie Award for Most Disappointing Film.
Maybe Worst Screenplay too. As I have mentioned elsewhere, one of the writers was also responsible for the Razzie nominated Batman & Robin, not to mention this year's Rings and Transformers 5.

Also, Miguel, may I ask what other films are up for Most Disappointing Film?

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
For now, the other contenders for the Methane Movie Award for Most Disappointing Film are:

All Eyez on Me
The Book of Henry
The Circle
Ghost in the Shell
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
The Mummy
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Power Rangers
The Space Between Us
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
War Machine

I don't think the expectations for those movies were high enough for them to be considered disappointments. If anything, POWER RANGERS was received better than expected.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
I would argue that King Arthur was not expected to be as bad as it turned out to be, and, a few months prior, people heard that super early special screenings of Pirates 5 were supposedly met with positive reactions, which gave some people hope that maybe it is actually good.

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
In case anyone is interested, here are the results of my Mid-Year Poll (Top 6 and ties):

Worst Motion Picture of the Year
All Eyez on Me
Baywatch
The Book of Henry
CHiPs
Fifty Shades Darker
Fist Fight
Monster Trucks
The Mummy
Transformers: The Last Knight
Unforgettable

Worst Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Tom Cruise in "The Mummy"
Charlie Day in "Fist Fight"
Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
Vin Diesel in "xXx: Return of Xander Cage"
Jamie Dornan in "Fifty Shades Darker"
Josh Gad in "A Dog's Purpose"
Alex Roe in "Rings"
Dax Shepard in "CHiPs"
Lucas Till in "Monster Trucks"
Mark Wahlberg in "Transformers: The Last Knight"

Worst Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Kate Beckinsale in "Underworld: Blood Wars"
Katherine Heigl in "Unforgettable"
Dakota Johnson in "Fifty Shades Darker"
Milla Jovovich in "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter"
Amy Schumer in "Snatched"
Octavia Spencer in "The Shack"
Naomi Watts in "The Book of Henry"

Worst Achievement in Directing
Dax Shepard for "CHiPs"
James Foley for "Fifty Shades Darker"
Chris Wedge for "Monster Trucks"
Alex Kurtzman for "The Mummy"
Paul W.S. Anderson for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter"
Michael Bay for "Transformers: The Last Knight"

Worst Achievement in Writing (Screenplay)
Baywatch
The Book of Henry
CHiPs
Fifty Shades Darker
Monster Trucks
The Mummy
Rings
Transformers: The Last Knight
Unforgettable

Worst Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Jon Bass in "Baywatch"
Anthony Hopkins in "Collide" and "Transformers: The Last Knight"
Theo James in "Underworld: Blood Wars"
Eric Johnson in "Fifty Shades Darker"
Jason Mantzoukas in "The House"
Dean Norris in "The Book of Henry" and "Fist Fight"

Worst Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Kim Basinger in "Fifty Shades Darker"
Faye Dunaway in "The Bye Bye Man"
Laura Haddock in "Transformers: The Last Knight"
Goldie Hawn in "Snatched"
Bella Heathcote in "Fifty Shades Darker"
Cheryl Ladd in "Unforgettable"
Isabela Moner in "Transformers: The Last Knight"
Alicia Silverstone in "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul"
Annabelle Wallis in "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword" and "The Mummy"

Worst On-Screen Pairing
Tom Cruise and either Sofia Boutella or Annabelle Wallis in "The Mummy"
Matt Damon and either Pedro Pascal, Jing Tian, or any CGI Komodo Dragon thing in "The Great Wall"
Rosario Dawson and Katherine Heigl in "Unforgettable"
Charlie Day and Ice Cube in "Fist Fight"
Adam Sandler and Jennifer Hudson in "Sandy Wexler"
Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn in "Snatched"
Dax Shepard and Michael Pena in "CHiPs"

Worst Performance by a Cast
Baywatch
Fifty Shades Darker
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Rings
Transformers: The Last Knight

Worst Remake, Adaptation, Ripoff, or Sequel
Baywatch
CHiPs
Fifty Shades Darker
The Mummy
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
Transformers: The Last Knight

Most Likely to Fail
The Emoji Movie
Geostorm
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature
Tyler Perry's Boo 2! A Madea Halloween
The War with Grandpa

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

I just saw THE DINNER. For your consideration: Worst Remake or Rip-Off. Oh, and maybe Worst Picture. But not:
-Worst Actor for Steve Coogan.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.

INGRID GOES WEST and IN THIS CORNER OF THE WORLD have received positive early reviews... and so has ANNABELLE PART 2. Is it pulling an OUIJA PART 2 or will get it a last-minute bad consensus? We should keep an eye on it just in case. We should also focus on THE ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK and PLANETARIUM (both of which have received negative early reviews), as well as THE NUT JOB PART 2. THE GLASS CASTLE doesn't look like an obvious contender.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

That is cool to see, Miguel.

I hope by year's end, all of your mid-year nominees and more appear on the Methane ballots. I loved your long lists of the past couple years. I also think that there are a lot of other names you could add in, like Jillian Bell and Jake Johnson.

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

R.I.P. Haruo Nakajima.

Cate Blanchett, Alfre Woodard and John Kani as LUCILLE BALL,
SARABI and RAFIKI: Yay or nay?

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Nut Job 2 is at a 14%. It's one of ours.

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
I just saw ALIEN: COVENANT. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
Oh, and maybe Worst Picture. But not:
-Worst Actor for Michael Fassbender.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Vits wrote
I just saw ALIEN: COVENANT. For your consideration:
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Prequel or Sequel.
Oh, and maybe Worst Picture. But not:
-Worst Actor for Michael Fassbender.
-Worst Screen Ensemble.
I heard Fassbender plays two characters in that. Do these two ever share the screen together?

Yes, they do (it's not a spoiler).

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Leonardo DiCaprio as LEONARDO DA VINCI: Yay or nay?

LOGAN LUCKY and PATTI CAKE$ have received positive early reviews, while THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD has received mixed early reviews. We should keep an eye on the latter.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile
1 ... 26272829303132 ... 38