2017's likely Razzie contenders

12345 ... 38

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

oiram
Razz E. Hader wrote
Way to go with that Trumpet/alt-right thinking! #makingtheRazziesworseagain
Uh, dude, obviously the Razzies hate Trump, so how the heck can you say that most of us have alt-right thinking?

Also, I said it is a POSSIBILITY, not IT MUST HAPPEN. Only one I'm truly gunning for is Kim Basinger, and how the heck can you blame me when she is acting in a franchise like Fifty Shades?

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

DTLizard
"The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors / Collateral Beauty
The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actresses / Mother's Day"

That is a bit weirdly phrased - I'm guessing that for Collaterial Beauty, both male/female actors are nominated, but for Mother's Day only the women? Not having seen either movie, unless the male roles were very small in Mother's Day, that is weird.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Razz E. Hader wrote
1) Way to show some perspective/common sense (unlike too many others here)- good job by you!

2) That may be the WORSE movie (along w/ID4#2) on the whole (severely lacking) ballot

3) See my #1 comment- that goes double for Collateral Beauty BTW #RazziesSoSexist

4) Probably, but who cares in the grand scheme of things?
Thanks for the compliments, but can you stop it with the insults? At least do us the favour of not writing them in hastags. It's a little annoying.
DTLizard wrote
Yeah, that's what I said.

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
Now, I would suggest you put away your knives.  Somebody needs to make forums for "The Bye Bye Man" and "Monster Trucks".

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
This film has an ad campaign that only lasts 10 weeks: LINK.

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

DEADPOOL has been nominated for a DGA Award. Its possibilites of getting Oscar nominations keep getting bigger.
That's a more detailed version of what Miguel and GTA have said... so... I agree with them.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Am I the only one concerned that Sleepless has no reviews released yet?

Worst Actress - Kate Beckinsale (nom), Whoopi Goldberg (nom), Katherine Heigl, Dakota Johnson (nom), Milla Jovovich (nom), and Amy Schumer (nom)

Worst Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (nom), Anthony Hopkins, Eric Johnson (nom), Ben Kingsley (nom), Rob Lowe (nom), and John Turturro (nom)

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
I have concerns about "Sleepless" as well.  It's a remake of the 2012 French thriller "Sleepless Night".  Given that the original has a Tomatometer Rating of 96%, this remake has a tall order to fill.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
WHAT THE FLICK?!'s best and worst movies of 2016.

There's an animated movie among the Costume Designers Guild Award nominees.

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits wrote
WHAT THE FLICK?!'s best and worst movies of 2016.
I forgot to mention that there's a short of discussion of the Razzies at the end.

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu wrote
I have concerns about "Sleepless" as well.  It's a remake of the 2012 French thriller "Sleepless Night".  Given that the original has a Tomatometer Rating of 96%, this remake has a tall order to fill.
Well, I just checked. Sleepless is at a 14% right now.

R.I.P. William Peter Blatty.

Worst Director - Michael Bay (nom), James Foley, Martin Guigui (nom), Alex Kurtzman (nom), Guy Ritchie (nom), and Chris Wedge (nom)

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

DTLizard
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hidden-figures-eyes-24m-mlk-victory-silence-live-by-night-doa-964232

"Martin Scorsese's 'Silence,' Ben Affleck's 'Live by Night' and 'Monster Trucks' are DOA."

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Razzies are the Worst
'Mike and Dave...' was a cinematic/comedic masterpiece compared to the rancid likes of 'Nine Lives', 'Ben-Hur', 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk', and esp. 'Meet the Blacks'...
The 2016 Razzies ballot/nominee list were the WORST EVER! #firejohnbwilson

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

MiguelAntilsu
1. "Patient Zero" has been postponed indefinitely.
2. "Collide" will finally be released on February 24.
3. What do you think of this?

Re: 2017's likely Razzie contenders

Vits
Happy birthday, Oiram!
MiguelAntilsu wrote
What do you think of this?
I can't comment on it, because I've never seen the original.
Follow me on Twitter @Vits_Chile
12345 ... 38